Shive-Hattery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Shive-Hattery

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shive-Hattery (West Des Moines, IA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty informal. I was asked a few standard questions from the lead for EE/ME Department, which took 15 minutes. Then I was given a tour around the building, which was a nice open layout with two separate floors. Then I was driven to a restaurant and had lunch with some employees. Overall the experience was satisfying and I had a great time.

Interview Questions

• 1) Do you have any knowledge of ASHRAE guidelines?
      2) What classes have you taken at SDSU?
      3) What class is your favorite? Why?   Answer Question

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Shive-Hattery (Iowa City, IA) in November 2015.

Interview

Went to dinner two different times for interviews in a pretty laid back environment. The main interviewer, my would be supervisor, was very laid back and really made the interview more conversational. The first interview was 1:1, while the 2nd interview was with about 6 people at dinner with all different backgrounds and leadership levels. One guy traveled from Des Moines (2 hours) to meet us at dinner as well, and of course to interview me on a more technical level.

Interview Questions

• They had a deep interest in my background in medium voltage, as they were looking to expand their portfolio. They asked a lot of technical questions based on my past experience.   Answer Question