Shoe Sensation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Shoe Sensation

1.8

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Okmulgee, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoe Sensation (Okmulgee, OK) in September 2018.

Interview

Very personable and informative. Everyone is so nice. Very well maintained and managed. Great store for a small town, saves the community from wasting time and gas to drive to Tulsa !

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shoe Sensation in November 2015.

Interview

Originally applied about 6 months prior. Interviewed with Store Manager first, who liked me enough to pass me on to the District Manager. Be prepared for background and credit checks and they WILL check your references.

Interview Questions

• Name your strengths/weaknesses.
      How do you work under pressure?
      The standard stuff, nothing new.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation possible but you need to research salary histories in your market and have the experience to justify what you're asking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, MI

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoe Sensation (Union, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

Was called on a Tuesday at 1:30pm, was asked to come in and interview at 2:30pm. Interview lasted roughly 1 hour with the general manager. Went very well. Thursday morning I had a phone interview with the district manager. Which went very well.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shoe Sensation (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview went really well talked me in to Manager in Training told me got accepted after 2 weeks of waiting , went in for paperwork was hired as sales associate and minimum pay had to take the job i declined another one since i was still under the impression i get hired for managment hate those bait and switch tactics .

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, SD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoe Sensation (Aurora, SD) in March 2016.

Interview

Very excellent interview process. Kimberly asked and answered many good questions. I look forward to a job offer and an opportunity to be an employee of a company that seems to strive for a good team.

Interview Questions

• Many questions asked. Rather easy process if your honest and have dealt with the situation in prior employment.   Answer Question

Interview

I applied online via the website and 4 weeks later I got a phone call about an interview. Went to the interview with the store manager. The store manager asked me basic character details and about my previous work history. Interview lasted 20-30minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minimum wage job. Background check, then you can start working.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shoe Sensation (New York, NY).

Interview

One interview which was super simple, pretty much went over my resume and also asked questions about my shopping experiences and what I think customers enjoy about shopping and how I would be a good sales associate.

Anonymous Employee in Seymour, IN

Application

I interviewed at Shoe Sensation (Seymour, IN) in November 2018.

Interview

The manager was very nice! The interview process was only roughly 20 minutes but we hit it off! We talked about the job and how simple it is and where we can build. :)

Interview Questions

• If you were to see an employee trying to hide or steal shoes, what would you do?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shoe Sensation in August 2014.

Interview

The application is accessible via their website and is pretty low-grade. I was embarrassed in my interview because there was no way to specify that I wasn't available on certain days, so, after trying to indicate such within the constraints, I ended up having to correct the hiring manager. I was called back within two weeks to set up a face to face interview with the store manager. I was asked very standard questions regarding ethics, previous experience, and character. I was also asked to sell a shoe to the manager. It was relatively low-key and I was hired on the spot. I was then given a new hire packet to fill out before I could be put on the schedule. All in all, very painless.

Interview Questions

• If you caught a manager stealing, how would you deal with the situation?   Answer Question
    • What do you look for in a manager?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jeffersonville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoe Sensation (Jeffersonville, IN) in November 2010.

Interview

I put in an application for sales associate and was called for an interview. I interviewed with the store manager for about 30 minutes. At the end of the interview I was hired pending a background check from my local police station.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.