Shoney's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 3, 2017

2.1

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paducah, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoney's (Paducah, KY) in October 2017.

Interview

After seeing the position listed on Linked In, I contacted a friend to inquire about the position. He told me to send him my resume and he would provide to the Hiring Manager. About a week or so later, the HR Attorney contacted me by phone

Interview Questions

• Would I be comfortable managing the outside advertising agency?   1 Answer
    • Would you be comfortable promoting alcohol sales?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoney's (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Interviewed in person with District Manager. The interview process was fairly easy. There were some situational questions and the typical leadership questions. The biggest focus was on customer service.

Server Interview

Interview

Pretty simple. They set me down in a booth and just went over exactly why I wanted this job. They wanted to know what my goals were for this job, etc. Very nice. Nothing really unexpected.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer had a problem with the way the food was cooked?   1 Answer

Bargirl Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tifton, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Shoney's (Tifton, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

The manger was great, he got right to the point on what he wanted. He wasn't mean nor rude. He was and is well respected. And if I could I would work for and with him again. He's really a good person to work with.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shoney's (Nashville, TN) in June 2013.

Interview

Not a well-structured process. Follow up was weak. I had to initiate contact for status updates. The interviewees came across as very nice and welcoming. Very fake.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult or though provoking. I was able to control much of the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told via phone the offer and then sent an offer letter. However, much of the details were sketchy. I was misled on the amount of vacation and the retirement plan.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clinton, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoney's (Clinton, MS) in March 2013.

Interview

Honestly a sister of the hiring manager's called for me to get a job there and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• I wasen't asked any questions because I was hired on the spot   Answer Question

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Shoney's (Salem, VA) in September 2012.

Interview

I was able to get an interview in a day's time, i filled out an application and talked to Brian about being interested in a position in their crew. He was kind and seemed interested in giving me a job, however no positions were available at that time. A second interview was set up a week later. Three weeks after that they called and informed me that a position was available and asked if i was still interested. i met with brian the next day and filled out paperwork and picked up my hideous shoney's baseball cap. I Started work the day after that.

Restaurant Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoney's (Atlanta, GA) in September 2011.

Interview

A week after my application I had two interviews. The first interview was w/ the assistant manager. The usual questions.A few days later, the second interview was with the manager. For the second interview we really just went over the expectations and I shadowed a server afterward. Once I accepted the offer it wasn't long before I was promoted to the salad bar quality position at a higher rate of pay.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoney's (Fayetteville, TN) in September 2009.

Interview

The manager called me and asked to come in and sit down and talk to him. i came in and he asked me had i ever had any expierence in a resturant and i told him that i had ashed dishes in a small family owned resturant. He asked me if i though i could wait tables and i told him that i could he also asked me about wat kind of person considered myself to be and i said an honest God fearing guy. he told me to come in on monday for training and that was it. This of course was a short version, but i did go to school with his son.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything that you can not do?   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Picayune, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoney's (Picayune, MS) in June 2009.

Interview

Read why I did not choose to take this job.

Interview Questions

When the manager started the interview she was chewing gum, she was drinking sweet tea, and she had her foot in the chair with her. At the beginning of the interview she asked me if I was on drugs and I told her no. Then she told me it's okay if you are several people here smoke pot and I don't mind it as long as it does not interfer with your work. And then at the end of the interview she was asking how I handle stress and she told me that she takes xanax. The whole interview was very unprofessional. And the fact that she knows people there do drugs, and she doesn't do anything about it is just wrong. If you are wanting a job there I suggest you do not do it, unless of coarse you're looking for a drug dealer or you want to become a drug dealer.