Shook Hardy & Bacon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shook Hardy & Bacon Interview Questions

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Shook Hardy & Bacon

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Shook Hardy & Bacon in October 2015.

Interview

I had an phone interview based off an resume I submitted through their website portal. The following week I was given an interview and two tests. I was given the interview only after passing both tests (understandable). Everyone during the process was super nice and seemed to be amazing individuals to work with/for. The interview its self was professional but also made you excited to be a candidate for thus firm. They covered everything from your background (hopefully in law) to how it compares to their firm. They explain their expectations upfront and also let you know what you can expect from working there.
    I currently have their benefits pack info and I am awaiting my official offer......

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I probably won't negotiate because what they pay is WAY more than my last firm did and with better benefits too!

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shook Hardy & Bacon (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR Kansas City in response to resume on Monster. Interviewed with Office Administrator in Houston one week then with an attorney the following week. I received a contingent offer the third week. Background and conflicts check took two weeks then I received an official offer. They test on all MS office software and look for law firm experience. They run a thorough background check and obtain copies of university and paralegal school transcripts.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not very difficult but definitely thought provoking and intelligent.   Answer Question

Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shook Hardy & Bacon (Kansas City, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

Asked very personal questions - they should have stayed on point of experience and education. The interview lasted about 2 hours. There were two people in the room - but only one of the individuals did all of the talking while the other mostly observed you.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of; how you would interact with a difficult/combative co-worker.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shook Hardy & Bacon (Kansas City, MO) in April 2011.

Interview

Application with essay on personal topic. Interviewed by two partners at the school. Conversation was very laid back, we joked a bit about horrible legal tv shows, about my courses that semester, and we even exchanged stories about certain infamous professors (at least one of the partners was an alumnus of the same school). Also- they gave me information about the program and what they felt were the most important qualities for success, in the program and beyond. Almost felt like the interview hadn't really started and then it was over, so I was worried we hadn't discussed enough substantive information for me to have a shot at the internship. I was offered the one spot anyway, so I assume the focus was on personality/compatibility, and the application/writing sample was the basis for the academic qualifications and determination.