Shopbop | East Dane Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Shopbop | East Dane

3.2

Assistant Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Shopbop | East Dane (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview two weeks after applying. Talked to an HR guy from Wisconsin then had a phone interview with a Merchandise Planner a few days later. I set up an onsite interview for about two weeks later (I was interviewing during the holidays). For the onsite interview, I met with four people: the HR Manager, two Merchandise Planners and the Head of Buying. It was two straight hours of behavioral questions, with a short ~10 minute retail math test. Very draining interview process. It felt very much like an interview, not like some interviews where it feels like a back and forth conversation. Each person asked questions for 25 minutes and leave 5 minutes for the interviewee's questions. Definitely be prepared for 99% behavioral questions, ("Give me an example of a time when...") and 1% about your actual duties and responsibilities. After my onsite interview, I was emailed two days later saying I wasn't selected. The thing I really liked about the process was they were very straightforward with explaining the next steps at every turn, and they were super quick to tell me I wasn't being hired.

Interview Questions

• Example of a time when you received critical feedback and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Assistant Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shopbop | East Dane (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process was relatively fast-paced. I was first interviewed by the person looking to fill the position over the phone and then I had a follow up phone call with HR a few days later. A week later I went into the offices for an in person interview with three different people that lasted about 30 minutes each.

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shopbop | East Dane (Madison, WI).

Interview

A mix of case studies and behavioral questions. The initial interviews were a tech and behavioral phone screen. After that there was an onsite interview with whiteboarding sessions and several behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• Asked many questions based on the Amazon Leadership Principles   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shopbop | East Dane (Madison, WI) in February 2010.

Interview

Starting with an initial 30 minute tech screen consisting of providing unaided answers to a list of questions reused for each candidate applying for a software development role and allowed for little opportunity to pose questions about the organization, the next step was another phone interview tasking the applicant with talking through the design of an enterprise type application, including naming specific technologies to use at each layer of the application and why it was chosen over a comparative technology. Again, little chance to ask questions at this stage as an applicant, and the feedback is vague - basically you find out whether you advance to the next round or not. Next was a discussion with the head of HR, and this is the first opportunity to really ask questions about things like corporate culture, growth opportunity, etc... At this point they bring you in for a day long set of interviews, starting at 9am and spending about 45 minutes with managers from the development group, the BA group, the QA group, and a panel of the architects posing a software development challenge and watching you develop a solution on the white board. After 4 hours of being questioned about almost anything you could think of between the various groups, lunch involved time with the development team manager, but you learn right after ordering that he, too, has a 5 page sheet of questions that he runs through with you over a sandwich and soda. After lunch there is another sit down with the particular manager you would be reporting to, followed by a tour of the facility. ?Around 3 oclock the process has ended, and you head to the airport to fly home (if from out of town). Feedback can come as fast as 3 days and as slowly as a week, and the candidate has to impress everyone he met because they are all involved in the final decision and even one persons negative view could be enough to receive no offer. When the offer does come, it is comprehensive, specific, and setup to reel in the talent.

Interview Questions

• I had a lot of work experience with a lot of short term contracts, and was asked why I didn't stay longer, if I had issues with commitment or meeting expectations, and how often I looked for a new job while I was still working in a current role.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The bonus structure and relocation package are essentially set in stone. The salary they offer will be very competitive, and is the only thing you can try to adjust. I was able to add an additional 6% to the salary offer using the argument that coming from TX, where there was no state income tax, and moving to WI where there is a 5.5% income tax, needed to be accounted for in the base salary because when you read the fine print about how the seemingly great package of stock grants vests you learn that it takes two years before you actually receive some of the stock, and it takes a full 4 years to accrue the entire lot of stock grants included in the original employment offer.

Operation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shopbop | East Dane (Madison, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

Seemed more geared towards a preselected individual every time instead of a fair process. You need to provide pre scripted answers to all the amazon principles even if you do not believe in your own answers. Research the process on Youtube

Interview Questions

• What does customer Obsession mean to you? How would you deal with management confrontation? Give me an example of inventing and simplifying.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shopbop | East Dane.

Interview

I didn't get interviewed. I started with an employment agency . I don't have any experience with their interview process. Employment agency didn't interview me. I started as a temp and then I got hired by the company

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shopbop | East Dane (Madison, WI).

Interview

Was requested to fill out a lengthy excel exercise before you could even progress to a phone interview. Spent about 10 hours on it and submit it. The hiring manager didn't review until almost 2 weeks later. After all of that work and time, received no feedback except that I wasn't progressing forward. Pretty unusual for a firm to ask for your spare time and effort without even providing you with a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• To complete a complex (almost 4 tabs of data) excel exercise complete with currency conversions, formulas, and analysis recommendations.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shopbop | East Dane.

Interview

Communication from HR during the whole process was good and appreciated since the process did take a long time. Others on here have mentioned the "exercises" that candidates applying to Amazon and affiliate companies are required to complete to test their knowledge. The exercise for this role was challenging on the surface but made sense as I dove into completing it. However, it was *very* lengthy and a requirement before having any more discussions, even with the recruiter to learn basic information about the role. Another two weeks went by the time the exercises were reviewed and I was able to talk to the recruiter. The interview ended up involving more questions to prove that I knew about marketing with just a little time for my questions at the end. After another couple of weeks, I was excited to finally speak with the hiring manager. I didn't get a good feeling about the role or company during our conversation. The call was pleasant but the person seemed uninterested and indifferent to discuss the company or role. There was little that sold me on wanting to work for the company. The recruiter followed up days later and I was told that I was no longer being considered with no feedback why, but I'm not sure I would have moved forward with any next steps if offered.

Interview Questions

• Asked to complete an exercise before discussing the role in any detail   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shopbop | East Dane.

Interview

Six 45 minute interviews with one person each. Half technical questions and behavioral, the other half behavioral. Interviews were too short for the technical questions. Technical questions were almost completely algorithms including very uncommon things like a divide and conquer problem.

Interview Questions

• Divide and conquer algorithms questions. Some system design, string transformation.   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shopbop | East Dane.

Interview

Very long….applied in October, heard back in June from the HR Manager looking to schedule a phone interview, had a phone interview with HR which then proceeded with a styling exercise followed by a second phone interview with the Lead Stylist, which then lead me to a face to face 4 hour long interview with the team.

Interview Questions

• If there was one thing I could change about the website what would it be and why?   Answer Question