Shopify Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,438 of over 1,438.0 interviews

Recruiter9%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Shopify

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Shopify

Interview

I was interviewed for Software Engineer at Shopify. There were three stages: - nice initial screening coding interview (a leetcode easy question requiring only the candidate completes the question on time) - a life story interview focusing on learnings and soft skills by the recruiter. This went well. The recruiter was personable, asked questions, and shared the job's salary band - 2 pair programming interviews. Pair programming interviews were conducted by one person per interview. Highly open to subjectiveness of the interviewer (there isn't a second opinion). The first interview went well. Unfortunately the second interview, the interviewer didn't know much frontend concepts even though it was a frontend interview (ex. memo-ing functions and components, typescript), and was highly judgemental as a result. I copy/pasted code I had written to save time (ex. React boiler plate), and googled for css properties, both of which she deducted marks for, even though it was shared in every part of the interview process that this was allowed and recommended. - Offer day. Recruiter who had performed the life story shared the offer. It was 105k base, which was lower than what he had shared previously. When questioned, he said I misheard, and he was including the recreational pay (5k) into that range as well. Even then, this was lower than what he had shared. As well, on offer date, many things the recruiter had promised early on were completely forgotten (he obviously hadn't taken notes on what he had previously said). I said I wouldn't take the offer if it didn't go higher. He told me over phone he would pass the negotiation on to a colleague because he was going on vacation. Later he emailed, and revised his previous word, saying he'd continue the negotiation once he was back in a week. 1.5 weeks later, I followed up. 2 weeks later, he responded with no acknowledgement of the length of time it took, and said the original offer was final. My recruiter's name was Adel Jalabi. (Shopify may not be this bad normally, but this is one guy you may want to avoid). This entire process was a waste of my time. If I hadn't performed well on interviews, he shouldn't have given me an offer. If I got an offer, it shouldn't be less than what I had asked for (i.e a low ball). If he is open to negotiating, I shouldn't have waited two weeks for a response. If the recruiter is going on vacation, he should hand me over to a colleague to keep the ball rolling.

Interview Questions
  • Create a rover that goes up/down and left/right. Create a dropdown list component.
    Answer Question
15 people found this interview helpful

Shopify

Application

I interviewed at Shopify

Interview

Total 5 rounds. 40 min tech screen followed by 1 hr life story round with a recruiter. Then panel round consists of 3 rounds. 2 * 75 mins pair programming. 1 hr deep dive into resume. Overall very positive interactions but they offer you peanuts.

Interview Questions
  • 1. given a list of item prices[2, 4, 9, 23, 44, 26, 11, 99] display a chart in this format. 00: *** 10: * 20: ** 30: 40: * 50: 60: 70: 80: 90: * number of stars == no of items whose price in that particular range (there are 3 items 2,4,9 between 0 and 9, so 3 stars ***) 2. Gilded Rose refactoring 3. Write a program to move a bot in 2 d plane. User can input either "turn"(by 90 degree) or move command
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Shopify