ShowClix Interview Questions

Updated Dec 28, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 4 of over 4 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at ShowClix

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ShowClix (Pittsburgh, PA) in Dec 2018

Interview

phone interview, solving a puzzle, and then On-site phone interview, solving a puzzle, and then On-site phone interview, solving a puzzle, and then On-site recruiter call phone round onsite round technical question

Interview Questions
  • basic questions Questions on puzzle skills
    Answer Question

ShowClix

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ShowClix in Nov 2018

Interview

The hiring process seemed pretty straightforward. 30 minute phone call with an engineer to discuss experience and technology stacks, after that a short programming assignment, and then an on-site interview. The phone interview started off a bit rocky, there was some internal confusion on whether I was talking to someone in HR, or an engineer. When the engineer finally talked to me on the phone we discussed past experience and the role. This went fine. Afterwards I was sent a programming assignment . I spent a couple hours on the assignment, added tests , instructions and submitted it. The engineer had some trouble running the code so I took some additional time on an evening (besides the initial time investment) to double check everything was working fine on multiple environments (which it was), even tailoring it to the devs environment (not part of the original requirements). Later I sent an email asking if the additional directions helped and was completely ghosted by HR and the engineer. I was hoping for some feedback considering the multiple hours I put in. Even more frustrating is I’m still not sure if it was still a problem running the code, problems with the code itself, or the company going in another direction, etc. Overall I was pretty disappointed . I’ve had experiences like this with big companies but usually not small ones like this. Based off some other reviews this seems to be the normal way of interaction. Too bad.

Interview Questions
  • Design a program that can take seat reservations for a theater

The latest conversations about Tech

57 Comments

Tech

204.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=ShowClix~816994
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ShowClix (Pittsburgh, PA) in Apr 2017

Interview

Phone interview then onsite with the CTO and one of the managers. They seem like great people and I wish them the best. They joke a lot, which helps. I was kind of intimidated initially because everyone in the office looked like burberry models. The office has a nice view, a giant ping pong table, and a nice little kitchen. It spans one floor, not much bigger than one floor of a house. It is on the 13th floor (don't see that often).

Interview Questions
  • Asked me what my favorite class had been then asked me about concepts from said class
  • What do you do in your free time related to computer science (i.e. blogs)?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at ShowClix (Pittsburgh, PA) in Jan 2015

Interview

5 months after applying online I got an interview request. I met with 3 different department heads for a casual interview which was very conversational. Honestly, considering that I was going through chemotherapy treatments at the time and not 100% on my game during this surprise interview for a job I applied for before my diagnosis (and when I got the interview request I thought why not) I thought it went very well except for a stumble on a weirdly worded question. I had a great time talking to everyone about the company and all the things they're doing. They do truly have a great business model and I often refer potential clients to them. Then I took a Predictive Index test at home as a "behavioral assessment" which is a very low-touch HR screening tool. To this day, as I interview potential employees myself, I am still reminded of how strange this screening process is. In the end I left with a very negative impression of the company because after waiting a month to hear back from them and I had to email them to ask where they were in the interview process. When you interview anyone, not even just someone from your own small industry, please respect their time and let them know they weren't hired after you interview them when you make your decision. Courtesy does not take that much time out of your day.

Interview Questions
  • What (apps/applications) do you use?
RSS Feed</>Embed