Siegel+Gale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Siegel+Gale (New York, NY).

Interview

Meet with internal recruiter, then meet with 3-4 strategists and head of strategy. The usual process.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salaries and benefits are fixed as S&G is part of a holding company.

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siegel+Gale (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR and then four interviews with team members. Most of the questions were behavioral with some questions about my past experience. They were all very conversational in nature.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Siegel+Gale (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

A series of phone calls with HR and team members that lead to an extended formal interview. The relaxed atmosphere and smart team made the group interview less overwhelming. Scheduling times were a bit off, and the process seemed very drawn out since HR is on the east coast.

Interview Questions

Siegel+Gale Response

Feb 27, 2018 – Chief Talent Officer

Thanks for your comments. HR is based at our headquarters in NY. We do try our best to keep things moving along and not let time zones interfere with the interview experience.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Siegel+Gale (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

I was asked to come into the office and meet a few people. Unsure if this was a formal interview or not I dressed business casual and came into have conversations about branding. This casual initial contact was a nice change from the intimidating interactions most other companies begin with.

We talked about branding and I got asked the standard branding questions but we also spent some time talking about my life and extra-curricular experience. My interviewers were focused on and interested in my entire life and portfolio of experiences rather than just work experiences, which I really liked. This made me feel confident that this company looks for more that whats on a single piece of paper, which I think is important.

Overall, I liked this interview process the most because of its relative comfort level and the interviewers level of interest in who you are as a person.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too unexpected, standard branding interview questions. Favorite/least favorite brand question is a typical question most agencies will ask but can sometime be difficult to find a strong answer on the spot (including the "why" question) - so prepare.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Its always worth negotiating if you have something to negotiate with. I was happy with how S+G communicated and delt with this phase.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Siegel+Gale.

Interview

I applied online and was reached out to in less than a week! I've long admired the company and was impressed by its efficiency.

The HR screening was delayed a few days, but the interviewer was genuine and engaging. I was told there was a candidate further along in the process, but I could possibly be eligible for a summer position and would hear back in one week. It was very professional and courteous gesture, which I appreciated.

Well, one week came, then two weeks, then two months. I sent two follow-up emails and never received a response. This was deeply disappointing coming from a company whose work and culture I thought so highly of.

This was not at all the experience I was expecting from a company such as Siegel+Gale. For a company that stresses simplicity, treating candidates with respect sounds pretty simple to me. Please do better.

Interview Questions

Siegel+Gale Response

Mar 12, 2018 – Chief Talent Officer

I am sorry to hear of your experience. This is definitely not the interview experience we aim for. We do receive hundreds of applicants for each internship spot so our volume for review definitely... More

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Siegel+Gale.

Interview

Phone call. My potential supervisor was very friendly and asked me some background questions on the field. In addition, gauged my knowledge in the field that I was applying for, but overall a casual interview. Rather an atypical experience considering I was the only candidate interviewed and then selected.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths that you see would most benefit the team?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siegel+Gale (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly casual for me. I had two and we discussed the position and how I could see myself fitting into the role. We went over my resume and writing and experience as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation occurred.

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Siegel+Gale (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I was pointed to Siege+Gale through a recruiter, I had multiple interviews (in total 6) on the course of 3-4 weeks from lower to higher management, including HR, Directors, etc. Everything seemed to be going awesome, recruiter was provided great feedback from S+G, as result as I was getting call back to meet additional members of their team and discuss the job position prospects. They requested reference letters, as well they've done background check and they provided documentation for final formal application and so on - after all, both the recruiter and I were expecting the final offer.

None of them ever got back to us, not even an email thanking for our time, neither a rejection note or else. Very disappointing, even though I followed up directly with them weeks after seeking for an answer and/or constructive feedback, still no response, zero. I thought that was very unprofessional, lack of respect and extremely unconsidered letting someone that input so much energy without an answer, regardeless if it was rejection note.

This still a big question mark in my head regarding what went wrong and as a professional in the industry for many years, I've been previously in the same position/side as them, recruiting new star and I always make sure to reply to my candidates and most of all, to provide feedback, even if it is one line email, but never left someone waiting forever, the whole idea is to help each other within the industry.

Multiple interviews. Unorganized. Egotistical creatives. There was a lot of back and forth due to interviewers not being around. Lack of communication between recruiters and creative. Long waiting time to get in start having a conversation. Was bounced around between members of the creative team. People didn't seem to know what position I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Overall questions about project processes to the end result.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Siegel+Gale (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Through an ongoing conversation with S+G over the past few months, I have gained a true sense that this company is differentiated by the quality of its people and their thinking. The firm's values are palpable in company interactions and it is clear why the firm attracts the most creative, inspiring minds in the business. My dialogue with HR was arguably the best I've experienced. It was very refreshing and encouraged full transparency—which ultimately results in success with the right people are in the right roles. I also had a chance to meet with some higher-ups, who were quality leaders and encourage thought-leadership and content creation within their teams. I am very confident about this firm's growth and hope we get more opportunities to speak in the future.

Interview Questions

• Questions around applying creative and strategic thinking to business development processes.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Siegel+Gale.

Interview

I applied directly through the Siegel+Gale career page and was contacted by a representative in HR.

The hiring process lasted approximately 4 weeks and consisted of two on-site interviews with both HR and the hiring department. During the interviews I met with several people, including the department heads and some junior members. All of the personnel were friendly and enthusiastic about their roles and responsibilities and left a positive impression.

The entire hiring process was extremely organized and professional, all of the team members were responsive to questions and took care to follow through on all of steps of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• The interview focused on a broad number of topics related to the position and relevant experience and was very conversational. Nothing in the process was unexpected.   Answer Question