Sierra Wireless Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.5

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Wireless (Carlsbad, CA).

Interview

Found by a recruiter, one phone interview, 1 in person interview

Interview Questions

• Nothing technical, just seeing if it was a cultural fit I think.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Firmware Designer Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sierra Wireless (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Pretty cool and straight forward. 3 people from the team interviewed me. Mostly questions asked were from my resume. Th to-be my supervisor had brought products they were working on at that time and explained his work in detail which gave me a pretty good idea about my standing in the company.
    There was also a written 45 minute subjective test that had RTOS, Memory concepts, C and Wireless Communications questions.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sierra Wireless (Richmond, BC (Canada)).

Interview

The interview consisted of three separate screenings. The first interview was with the sales manager, then the area manager, then the head of HR. All three interviews were pleasant and went very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience with your last job and how it will help you with Sierra?   Answer Question
    • What do you have to bring to the culture at Sierra wireless?   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sierra Wireless (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Briefly the manager asked me questions with my resume, focus on project control and management, also a few questions about technical issues. He is very concerned on a question "what would you do, if the project is delayed and cannot catch customers' schedule?". Finally, he asked me how much I want for salary.

Interview Questions

• what would you do, if the project is delayed and cannot catch customers' schedule?   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sierra Wireless (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

through university job seeking website, got an email from them later, on-site interview. one on one with the manager there.

The interviewer was late for like 10 minutes, and kept looking at his phone when I was talking which was very rude to me and made me nervous.

Only read my transcript and resume during the interview.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about myself
      - Tell me about the projects on my resume
      -What kind of work I am looking forward to do?
      - Why are you the best candidate?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sierra Wireless (Richmond, BC (Canada)).

Interview

1. Human resource phone interview
    2. I met with the director and manager, expecting technical questions, but the hour long interview were all behavioral questions, didn't get to the technical stuff at all.
    3. Human resource interview again and asked for references at the beginning.

Sierra has many different departments, each departments runs like a completely separate companies, which different cultures, I am told by the employees that people working in the same building exchanges emails for months don't even recognize each other

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there is a difference between you and the team member you manage.
      What would you do if there is a difference between you and your manager.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sierra Wireless (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I got an interview after 3 months of submitting my resume and cover letter. I arrived around 30 minutes early to my interview, which I think the interviewer took note of that. It's a good thing to always arrive early. I was pretty fortunate because my interviewer was extremely friendly, always smiling, which left me feeling very comfortable and relaxed during the 1 on 1 interview process. He mostly asked about my projects to get a grasp of the skills I have and what I know of Electrical field. Then followed by a riddle question, then a design problem. After that, he proceeded to explain the role of their department and what they were working on. Overall the atmosphere was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - this was an internship

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sierra Wireless.

Interview

I got a message from a recruiter about this position at Sierra Wireless so i replied to the recruiter with my resume, some details about salary exceptions and availability, and also a couple of bullet points about how my experience and skills lined up with the job description. The job description was asking for quite a bit of experience and skills, some of which i didn't have. The recruiter suggested i still apply as they were looking for someone with the desire and ability to pick us skills as needed.

The next afternoon the recruiter called saying Sierra Wireless would like to go ahead with an interview for the next day, in less then 24 hours. This wasn't an ideal situation to prepare but the recruiter let me know the hiring manager was leaving in a day or two for two weeks of business travel and wanted to start the interview processes. So very quickly i started my interview prep, getting a list of common behavioral interview questions, researching the company, going over previous work projects and experience, writing down events i thought they might want to hear.

I met with the hiring manager at Sierra Wireless offices and interviewed with 1 other member from the team. Both were very friendly and approachable and the interview turned out to be quite casual. They both just wanted to know about my work experiences, technology I've worked on, projects I've been involved with, and typical workflow in a day at work. It was just asking questions back and forth, them trying to find out my experience and me trying to get more information about how the department worked and what they were responsible for, the interview lasted for about 1 hour.

I got the impression that the department was quite small and was responsible for quite a lot of infrastructure. Locally at the offices and globally at other locations. They looked after systems and network side of the infrastructure. It sounded like they had set things up quite robustly so they didn't have a lot issues to deal with, but still it seemed like typical infrastructure team that has a lot of responsibility, a lot of work, and too little staff.

The recruiter called and said Sierra Wireless didn't want to continue with the interview process, i didn't have some the experience and skills Sierra Wireless was looking for, which was expected from my end by reading the job description. They did mention my interpersonal skills were good and i would be a good fit in the team if i had more of the skills they were looking for.

Overall, quite a positive experience, albeit very quick.

</epic-story>

Software Engineer Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sierra Wireless (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

It's a 1:1 interview with project manager. The whole process took 45 minutes. The interviewer was very nice and gentle. It is a easy interview. He just asked several project experience on my resume, and a very simple coding task in C++ on the whiteboard. I don't have perfect matched experience with they requirements so it not went further.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Wireless (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Got the interview offer through the school
    Having the interview with a manager and a senior programmer
    Start with a programming problem showing on the white board, you can start to write down your code on the board.
    After the programming question, they start asking questions about school projects, capstone projects, teamworks.
    There are some Personalty questions at the end of the interview.