Silicon Valley Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Silicon Valley Bank Interview Questions

Updated Oct 25, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview

I got an offer letter but then was told a couple of days later they denied me due to my credit check. They never disclosed that they would be doing a credit check and that it was going to be the main factor of the background. Now I guess they denied many people due to I am getting multiple calls and emails for the same job I was offered then denied! Go work for Visa instead!

Interview Questions

• Why don't they disclose why the credit is so important ahead of time so we don't all waste our time?   Answer Question

Asia Link Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank in September 2017.

Interview

It took me to hear back after 2+ months submitting resume. HR's initial email said to have a 10-15 mins call, but it ended up 40 mins and she gave very positive feedback. However, it never moved to the next stage after 1+ month back and forth status checking, from the beginning I worried that I might not be able to get the visa soon enough to the day that I got it and hiring manager was still not decided if to interview me. The hiring manager and HR are definitely not on the same page and not clear about what type of candidates they're looking for for this position. The HR is very nice during the course communicating with me and very responsive.

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Tempe, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

lengthy interview process. Takes way to long for them to decide on whom they will choose as the next new hire to the company. I am sure they loose out on a lot of good candidates.

Interview Questions

• What would your former employer say your weaknesses are?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

Very friendly people. They all treat you very nice and just want to get to know you better. Their primary objective is to make sure you will like the operational functions and company culture.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview

I talked with the recruiter about past experiences, what I hope to accomplish, etc. After the recruiter, I had a 1:1 talk with a couple different managers who I would be working for. They explained more about the job, what they expect and more.

ADP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview

First round is a video interview with a computer software. Standard behavioral questions.Then invited to a recruiter call, which did not work out because they are not recruiting international students for ADP anymore.

Interview Questions

• What kind of difficulty you have faced in previous job experiences and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied online with an employee referral and then did a phone interview with a recruiter from California. He asked a lot of questions about "why banking" and continued pressing me to talk more about that. It was pleasant and helpful, just not the job for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your failures and how you learned from it.   Answer Question

Senior Card Operations Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR and was able to get an in person interview same week, I got a second in person interview two weeks after and was extended a position that they felt I would be a better fit for

Interview Questions

• Have you ever felt like a failure and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Associate Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview

A few months back I received an email saying that I'd been selected to take part in a video interview. There wasn't a time frame given but I completed it a few days after jus to be timely. There were 6 questions in total (multiple choice about office preference and 4 behavioral response) and it wasn't bad at all. Below are the 4 response questions:

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you faced an obstacle and had to overcome it. What did you learn?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you failed.   Answer Question
    • What values are most important to you and why?   Answer Question
    • What sets you a part from other candidates?   1 Answer

Associate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee. I applied through my university job board and got the first round interview because of the referral. (I also met a manager at a career fair a week before the interview). The first interview was 30 minutes in person at the career center. Very casual. Felt more like a conversation. He was trying to gauge my interest in the program and how my background would fit in well for the program. He was so friendly and nice; felt like he was genuinely interested in what I had to say and what I could bring to the company. A week later someone contacted me about a background check and scheduling a final round interview in HQ in Palo Alto.

The final round was pretty intense. You start with a writing portion. 45 minutes to read a prompt and write a short essay. Then you have 5 back to back 30 minute interviews. All behavioral. They want to know why you would be a good fit for the company, why you're interested, and what you can bring to the program. Then I went out to lunch with some current members of the program. After lunch, I had a final 30 min interview. A week later, my recruiter called me to give me an offer.

I have nothing but great things to say about the program and the people. I ended up taking another job but I have an incredibly great impression of the company, its culture, and the training program that works to teach and to promote.