Silicon Valley Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Associate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was initially interviewed on campus by a managing director. He led the conversation and asked me a total of five formal questions. He mainly wanted to know if SVB made sense for me considering my experiences.

After that, I was flown to the Palo Alto office for a Superday. It consisted of five formal interviews, a lunch with associates, and a writing sample. Everything was very laid back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Broomfield, CO) in February 2013.

Interview

Typical phone screen questions followed by a video interview which was kind of awkward. There were set questions that would appear on-screen, then you were given a couple minutes to answer. After that, was invited to interview in person.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview

Series of approx. 4 phone interviews and in-person interviews with 4 different people during one appointment.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were pretty straightforward, nothing too surprising.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank in October 2013.

Interview

Was initially contacted by the HR saying that I am invited to a Video interview and if I passed the video interview I will be advanced to the final in person interview. However after the initial interview I had 3 more unexpected phone interviews. All were fit interviews and the last round with the manager only lasted 20 minutes since the manager has double booked herself. Overall I felt that SVB was very disorganized with their recruiting process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Overall very reasonable timeline contacted by a campus recruiter and went to interview process, average difficulty, phone interview-video screening-follow up phone call, fast response afterwards. No offer, but still satisfied experience at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview is very straightforward, no surprise questions. Based on resume and your skills. Since I am a new graduated student and do not have enough past work experience, recruiter asked if I have past work experience. Why svb, why this position. Details about my past projects and resources I have used.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied online with an employee referral and then did a phone interview with a recruiter from California. He asked a lot of questions about "why banking" and continued pressing me to talk more about that. It was pleasant and helpful, just not the job for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your failures and how you learned from it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Simple and straightforward interview process. The interview consisted of a phone screen, in person written test, interview panel, and a day long interview session. All of the interviewers were friendly, and straightforward - they did not try to trick you.

Interview Questions

• How would you value Chobani as a company?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview

Met with 2 people at 1st round interview and then another 4 at 2nd round interview. They didn't ask technical questions; rather they were asking for solutions, commitment, and sense of urgency.

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview

phone and one on one

Client Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview

Received phone screen was very excited for the opportunity to work at a bank with a specialized clientele. Asked about background and work experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked about credit history because they perform credit checks and if anything negative would shop up.   1 Answer