Silicon Valley Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Silicon Valley Bank Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.9

ADP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview

First round is a video interview with a computer software. Standard behavioral questions.Then invited to a recruiter call, which did not work out because they are not recruiting international students for ADP anymore.

Interview Questions

• What kind of difficulty you have faced in previous job experiences and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied online with an employee referral and then did a phone interview with a recruiter from California. He asked a lot of questions about "why banking" and continued pressing me to talk more about that. It was pleasant and helpful, just not the job for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your failures and how you learned from it.   Answer Question

Associate Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview

A few months back I received an email saying that I'd been selected to take part in a video interview. There wasn't a time frame given but I completed it a few days after jus to be timely. There were 6 questions in total (multiple choice about office preference and 4 behavioral response) and it wasn't bad at all. Below are the 4 response questions:

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you faced an obstacle and had to overcome it. What did you learn?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you failed.   Answer Question
    • What values are most important to you and why?   Answer Question
    • What sets you a part from other candidates?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee. I applied through my university job board and got the first round interview because of the referral. (I also met a manager at a career fair a week before the interview). The first interview was 30 minutes in person at the career center. Very casual. Felt more like a conversation. He was trying to gauge my interest in the program and how my background would fit in well for the program. He was so friendly and nice; felt like he was genuinely interested in what I had to say and what I could bring to the company. A week later someone contacted me about a background check and scheduling a final round interview in HQ in Palo Alto.

The final round was pretty intense. You start with a writing portion. 45 minutes to read a prompt and write a short essay. Then you have 5 back to back 30 minute interviews. All behavioral. They want to know why you would be a good fit for the company, why you're interested, and what you can bring to the program. Then I went out to lunch with some current members of the program. After lunch, I had a final 30 min interview. A week later, my recruiter called me to give me an offer.

I have nothing but great things to say about the program and the people. I ended up taking another job but I have an incredibly great impression of the company, its culture, and the training program that works to teach and to promote.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

It took about one month. It consisted of a HireVue interview, three phone calls with the University Recruiter and the program heads, and two site visits consisting of a 45 minute writing sample. I made it to the final interview round, but was not extended an offer. Everyone was friendly, especially for the banking industry. I would have loved to work here if I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• What was the most recent app you downloaded and why should I download it?   Answer Question

Interview

1 phone interview with HR, 1 video interview with 5 questions (1 min prep, 3 min to record), interview on campus with ADP manager, then brought up for 5 30min interview and an 1.5 hr lunch and a 45 minute writing sample. It was a really positive but intensive process overall

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview was set up with the recruiting company - they gave me a time to call the interviewers. It was supposed to take about 30 minutes, but my interview was about 10-15. They explained the job position and what it would be like to work in that position. I asked a few questions about the job and what the "full hire" requirements are. That was about it.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask me any questions - mostly just described the job.   Answer Question

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process took 6 weeks - I went through a recruiter who helped me get an interview with the SVB recruiter within days. She was very nice, passed me along to the hiring manager whom I spoke to the following week. Hiring manager asked a bunch of behavioral/technical questions, liked me and had another audit manager speak to me the following week. This time, the audit manager asked quite a few audit-specific questions and about my areas of expertise, he was searching for a lot more details than the hiring manager did in the call the week before. After the call, within 2-3 days, I was scheduled for an onsite interview with the audit team panel - 4 people (head of audit, 3 managers); I thought I had done very well because I answered all the questions to the best of my ability and from reading the looks and body language of the interviewers, they were pleased with my responses. After the onsite interview, for 1.5 weeks there was a lull...no correspondence or reaching out whatsoever. I kept checking in with my recruiter to see whats going on, before finding out that the bank wanted to schedule yet another interview with the HR Director. After having that call, I was starting to think I will be getting an offer soon since I had five different rounds of interviews which my recruiter said is always a sign indicating they liked the candidate and will most likely extend an offer. Well...an entire week went by without hearing any feedback from the bank. When my recruiter finally reached out to them to ask whats going on, the bank came back with "We are undecided". I mean, what? Did I miss something? It was extremely off-putting. The process is too questionable and unclear. Now, even if they do consider me in the future, I no longer am interested.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview

Straightforward process. Two hour-long calls. Mostly behavioral but can vary with which group you're interviewing with. The offices are nice and generally very kind/smart people. Be sure to thoroughly research the company

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed first on-campus. Was invited to fly up to the Palo Alto office for a full day of interviews about a week or so later. Mostly behavioral interviews all along--asked about resume, prior experience, and interest in SVB/banking. On-site interview also had a 45-min writing sample.

Interview Questions

• What is an app on your phone that you recently downloaded and would recommend to me (the recruiter) and why?   Answer Question