Silicon Valley Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 25, 2018

2.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Boston, MA).

Interview

During the final round in office interview, several rounds of interview with typical questions. Mostly looking for the right fit. The hiring manager asked interesting questions about what motivated me in life and my background. Also asked for a writing piece on the spot. Was given an article, and was asked to summarize.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

It was clear that the interview process is not consistent at this company. Some were more formal, were very casual. No themes carried over from one to the other. Was very slow and took about 3 months start to finish.

Associate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was initially interviewed on campus by a managing director. He led the conversation and asked me a total of five formal questions. He mainly wanted to know if SVB made sense for me considering my experiences.

After that, I was flown to the Palo Alto office for a Superday. It consisted of five formal interviews, a lunch with associates, and a writing sample. Everything was very laid back.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview

I got an offer letter but then was told a couple of days later they denied me due to my credit check. They never disclosed that they would be doing a credit check and that it was going to be the main factor of the background. Now I guess they denied many people due to I am getting multiple calls and emails for the same job I was offered then denied! Go work for Visa instead!

Interview Questions

• Why don't they disclose why the credit is so important ahead of time so we don't all waste our time?   2 Answers

Asia Link Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank in September 2017.

Interview

It took me to hear back after 2+ months submitting resume. HR's initial email said to have a 10-15 mins call, but it ended up 40 mins and she gave very positive feedback. However, it never moved to the next stage after 1+ month back and forth status checking, from the beginning I worried that I might not be able to get the visa soon enough to the day that I got it and hiring manager was still not decided if to interview me. The hiring manager and HR are definitely not on the same page and not clear about what type of candidates they're looking for for this position. The HR is very nice during the course communicating with me and very responsive.

Relationship Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank in September 2017.

Interview

It was short. Reviewed the basic job roles. Learned more about the company as a whole. It was very basic and more informal than a typical interview would be. Overall recruiter was nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to motivate a person group to achieve a common goal.   Answer Question

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Tempe, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

lengthy interview process. Takes way to long for them to decide on whom they will choose as the next new hire to the company. I am sure they loose out on a lot of good candidates.

Interview Questions

• What would your former employer say your weaknesses are?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

Very friendly people. They all treat you very nice and just want to get to know you better. Their primary objective is to make sure you will like the operational functions and company culture.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview

I talked with the recruiter about past experiences, what I hope to accomplish, etc. After the recruiter, I had a 1:1 talk with a couple different managers who I would be working for. They explained more about the job, what they expect and more.

ADP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview

First round is a video interview with a computer software. Standard behavioral questions.Then invited to a recruiter call, which did not work out because they are not recruiting international students for ADP anymore.

Interview Questions

• What kind of difficulty you have faced in previous job experiences and how did you solve it?   Answer Question