Silicon Valley Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Silicon Valley Bank Interview Questions

Interviews at Silicon Valley Bank

2.8

Risk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview

The interview process was intense, I interviewed 6 times with many different people over the course of 3 weeks. All were friendly and while I ultimately did not get the position, I continue to watch for new positions matching my CV as it seems like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult decision you had to make during your career?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Interview

Initial calls went fine. For phone interview, interviewer asked me a question and I’m trying to talk through the problem and walk through what I am thinking (as is advised for any engineering interview). While I’m doing that, he interrupts me and says “it’s ok just tell me your solution once you are done”. At that point it was followed by 20min silence of me writing my solution and him just being there quiet. I had already checked out at that moment and was not interested in the position. Shortly after I emailed the recruiter to withdraw my application. The worst interview I have ever encountered in my professional career.

Interview Questions

• Dropped requests in one second, ten seconds, sixty seconds.   Answer Question

ADP Program Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview

I got into the final round of the super day after an interview on campus with a recruiter. The interview process was smooth and everyone was extremely friendly. Unfortunately, I didn't get the role. I would love to work for this company.

Relationship Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (North Brunswick, NJ) in May 2020.

Interview

It was pretty smooth and fast. Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn in middle of May, interviewed with her. She then facilitated interview with the hiring manager 3 days later. Hiring manager wanted me to meet the other team member and scheduled an interview couple days later. Meanwhile the recruiter got all the information regarding my background and reference checks. Offered me the job three weeks later and I accepted. Meanwhile, both the recruiter and hiring manager have been communicating with me on a regular basis. I am looking forward to working with them.

Associate Development Program (ADP) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Boston, MA) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview process was managed very well (I was communicating with one recruiter the whole time). I went through and employee referral, which I would highly recommend because they receive a lot of applications. I had a brief phone screen with a recruiter who quickly told me I would move on to the next round. She sent me a link to complete a HireVue interview, which is a video interview where you are prompted to answer 3 questions and record yourself giving answers (all behavioral). Two weeks later I heard that I would be moving to the final round: Super Day. I met with 4 members of the SVB team and one current ADPer, each for 30 minutes. They were all extremely friendly and all of my interviews were very conversational, just trying to assess if I'd be a good match for the team and the work. 5 days later I was notified that I was offered the position. Overall, this was a very friendly process and I'm very excited about the opportunity to work at SVB.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

Two rounds face to face interviews, each round with 5 people, so 10 interviewers in total. The first round interviewers didn’t follow the schedules and the whole process lasted like 4 hours. However after my second round interview, they first made me wait more than 1 week because they also need to interview another candidate, which is fine. Then after that, they made me wait for another 2 weeks and then turned me down. Which is okay but do they really need almost 1 month to decide they don’t want someone? What a waste of time! And they actually also turned down the other candidate they interviewed. And the feedback they gave is it’s difficult for 10 people to all say Yes?? What?!

Anyways, very exhausted interview process and slow decision making process. Don’t show enough respect for their candidates. Stay away!

Interview Questions

• Waterfall allocation;   Answer Question
    • How to handle client’s complaints, how you handle multiple projects due at the same time.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (San Jose, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

The Most Disrespectful Company I Ever Applied to or Met Recruiters from.
    I will never work for them or even do any kind of business with that company.
    Summary:
    * Only a 2-day notice for the first interview and only one day available to do it. So much considering applicants work/life responsibilities
    * Recruiters ask illegal immigration questions in the middle of the recruiting process
    * Applicants are very insistently asked to give an expected salary when they don’t even know the job title/level they are recruited for
    * Disrespectful recruiters that laugh and hang up at candidates in between in-person interviews when they do not follow previous point
    * Company does not even respond when inquiring about the above.

The recruiting process started on the right foot. The recruiters and engineers I met at a career fair seemed very interested in my profile and scheduled, on the spot, a 45 minutes technical interview at a career center two days from then.
    The interview went extremely well and I learned they had a lot of openings to fill so they were not sure in which team my skills would be of most use - they had several in mind. Considering how well the interview went, the skills they were looking for and knowing the skills/experience of most people interviewing that day, I certainly was amongst their top candidates. The interview lasted 75 instead of 45 minutes, but I can deal with that.
    Early the next week I got an email asking me for time slots for an onsite interview one week later. I responded right away and had to wait 2 days to hear back. One of their recruiters called me. He started by asking immigration questions - not just work authorization but citizenship, visa status, and so on which is illegal in California - and insisted on me telling him my expected salary. Note that, at that point, not only do I have no idea what benefits/bonuses they offer, but I didn't even know what the job title would be, what level I would be hired at, what team I would be working with, what responsibilities I would have, what the on-call schedule was like (1/2 or 1/10 weeks? Huge difference!), and so on. I explained to him that all those factors would influence what I expect and that as long as they pay their employees within the local market range that would be fine with me. No, he wanted a hard fixed number and told me I would not move forward in the process if I did not give him one. I re-explained the previous point and emphasized that, if he insisted on talking numbers and was worried I would not accept their offer down the line, he could tell me what the company is offering: after all, I do not want to lose my time with them either. I am open to discussing more detailed figures once I have an actual offer. THE RECRUITER LAUGH AT ME AND HANG UP! I was calm and polite, with a professional conversation style, the whole time and the LAUGH AND HANG UP!
    I immediately emailed back the person who contacted me to schedule the on-site interview to let them know of that surreal situation and that I could not believe they would endorse such behavior and that the recruiter’s behavior must have been a flux.

It’s been a week and I still have not heard anything

Interview Questions

• Standard technical question on technologies on my resume, database scheme design for a given situation.   Answer Question

Silicon Valley Bank Response

Mar 13, 2020 – SVB Team

Thank you for your feedback. We will share your concerns with our team.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Recruiter contacted over phone, had telephonic interview with recruiter, then skype interview with manager. Then half an hr each in person interview with 7 interviewers(including team lead, manager, senior manager, director etc).

Rotational Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Boston, MA) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. I had my interviews over zoom, with about six different people in different positions. Each person had questions they could ask, but they were all fairly conversational overall. At the end I got to talk with someone who is currently in the rotational program.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about a time you had to deliver bad news to someone?   Answer Question
    • Can you talk about a time you had to deliver on a challenging project?   Answer Question

Program Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Boston, MA) in December 2019.

Interview

4 HireVue questions in video format. Overall the questions were easy where you had 1 minute to prep and 3 minutes to answer. Not difficult, but you did have minimal time to prepare an adequate and article answer.