Silicon Valley Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Associate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was initially interviewed on campus by a managing director. He led the conversation and asked me a total of five formal questions. He mainly wanted to know if SVB made sense for me considering my experiences.

After that, I was flown to the Palo Alto office for a Superday. It consisted of five formal interviews, a lunch with associates, and a writing sample. Everything was very laid back.

Internal Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Takes ridiculously long and huge lack of communication! After applying through LinkedIn, I received an email from one of their recruiters for a phone interview. She and I really seemed to click and she invited me to come in for an interview before we even got off the phone. I went on site and interviewed on May 1st. It consisted of four 30 minute one on one interviews with people from the Communications department. I honestly felt very confident after each one. Once I got home, I emailed all my interviewers, including the recruiter, thanking them for their time. The recruiter replied saying that everyone really enjoyed meeting me and they would get back to me by the end of the week. After not hearing anything for 9 days, I reached out to the recruiter for an update, she got back to me saying "we are still mulling things over". After waiting another 8 days of not hearing anything, I emailed her again and she told me that they just decided to promote someone from within. It took 17 days for them to get to me and if I didn't reach out, there would have been zero communication back to me. Very frustrating! If you're going to apply make sure you have weeks to wait for an answer and you stay in contact!

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process takes a long time , call with HR, some face to face meetings, a case study, met some people on the team I was interviewing for too.

VC Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with 3 associate analysts about available intern positions, hard to hear and distinguish among voices, no follow up or email, leaving negative impression of the company

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview

Applied through the careers website. Had an initial phone screen with the recruiter. Then followed by interviews with the hiring manager and the team. Interviews were about 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Why do you apply for this position, and why do you want to work for SVB   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Boston, MA).

Interview

During the final round in office interview, several rounds of interview with typical questions. Mostly looking for the right fit. The hiring manager asked interesting questions about what motivated me in life and my background. Also asked for a writing piece on the spot. Was given an article, and was asked to summarize.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Telephone call with prospective manager on a Monday afternoon.Very genuine interest in my career focus and objectives. Listened closely to my answers and showed real interest in me as a person / potential leader.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals and objectives? What role / position do you want to be in 3-5 years?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

It was clear that the interview process is not consistent at this company. Some were more formal, were very casual. No themes carried over from one to the other. Was very slow and took about 3 months start to finish.

ADP Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Very straight forward, one interview on campus, and then one on site. The interview was very behavioral and focused on your experiences. No technical questions whatsoever. Overall, everyone who interviewed was extremely nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank.

Interview

I got an offer letter but then was told a couple of days later they denied me due to my credit check. They never disclosed that they would be doing a credit check and that it was going to be the main factor of the background. Now I guess they denied many people due to I am getting multiple calls and emails for the same job I was offered then denied! Go work for Visa instead!

Interview Questions

• Why don't they disclose why the credit is so important ahead of time so we don't all waste our time?   2 Answers