Cover image for Silicon Valley Bank

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Silicon Valley Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 287 of over 287 interviews

Recruiter18%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Silicon Valley Bank

Application

I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank

Interview

3 Rounds - more conversational 1 Round - Heavy technical Overall positive experience. They let me know when I was going to have the technical interview, with the rest being more behavioral

Interview Questions
  • Typical DCF & Valuation metrics. Financial Statement Qs
    Answer Question

Silicon Valley Bank

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me in the middle of summer to ask if I would be interested in interviewing with the team. Took him about a whole month to set up the calls. I interviewed with 4 different people, they were all very nice. I was told that they would get back to me in two weeks max. This was in September. I still haven't heard back despite making multiple attempts to reach out to the recruiter. So unprofessional to be completely ghosted after meeting the team for over two hours.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Silicon Valley Bank

Join the conversation on

Compensation

3m

works at

Wells Fargo

Hello, I made it past the final interview for a Program Manager role at Silicon Valley Bank. The role reports to a Director. The recruiter said $120k was possible but did not provide a range. This is low for my experience for the role in my opinion. They said I am still being considered so I’m still waiting on the final decision. I just want to be prepared if this is the max for this role. It would be a pay cut for me. Does anyone have an idea of the pay range for this role? Silicon Valley Bank

2 Comments

Finance

134.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Silicon Valley Bank~107161
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Silicon Valley Bank? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Silicon Valley Bank employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Silicon Valley Bank

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank

Interview

Great. The internal recruiter communicated with me very clearly, told me what to expect, and followed through with everything. She was very transparent and available to answer questions. I spoke with three people on the team and the process took about two months.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Silicon Valley Bank

Application

I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank

Interview

It was conversational mixed with culture fit type questions. Definitely not stuffy or focused on "tell me a time when..." outdated questions. The interviewees were very genuine people and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
  • Why SVB? What interested you about the bank?

Silicon Valley Bank

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank

Interview

The first round is a Hirevue interview. Basically a simulated interview except you are not talking to a person, rather the computer gives you a question and you have 30 seconds to answer, and around 1-2min to answer it. Not too bad.

Interview Questions
  • What is one skill you have learned recently? Describe a challenge in which you showed perseverance?

Silicon Valley Bank

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank in Nov 2022

Interview

- Applied early September - Campus recruiting reached out to schedule a first round with an ex-ADP associate and ADP manager (30 min in-person behavioral interview with each) in late October - 1-2 weeks later in early November, final round scheduled (a couple of back to back with VPs, ADP associates, ADP manager, then a writing sample) - The writing sample is an article about a company, and you basically evaluate how they could improve revenue or some other business question you answer based on the information provided about the company in question - Awkward timing because of Thanksgiving, but offer received about 3 weeks later

Interview Questions
  • - Why commercial banking? - Tell me about a time you failed? - How do you delegate tasks? - How do you handle a situation where you have to meet a deadline but don't have enough time? - Tell me about a time you navigated a stressful situation/conflict?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (New York, NY)

Interview

Had several rounds of interviews with recruiter, hiring manager, and panel interview...then was ghosted. No communication from recruiter or department...not even after I sent a follow up. Very poor candidate experience...for a senior role, too. Also feels like Wells Fargo v2.0. Many of the interviewers from Wells Fargo and spoke very negatively of previous work environments

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Silicon Valley Bank

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank

Interview

two rounds, got referred in. first round with the person who ended up managing my interview, second round with team VPs all in one, all three in one. All over zoom

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself, and why this role, asked a lot of questions in terms of my previous role

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Boston, MA) in Oct 2022

Interview

It was okay, mostly behavior based questions. Although it was a bit weird to talk with the manager right away and not the HR first. The interview was also held in the university in person so it was relatively easier than online.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Silicon Valley Bank (Boston, MA) in Oct 2022

Interview

It was an on campus interview and the interviewer was friendly. Interview was not hard, most behavioral based. Brush up on it and you should be fine. Make sure to get your story right.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 287 Interviews

Silicon Valley Bank Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Silicon Valley Bank as 54.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.78 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Analyst and Associate Development Program rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Associate and Intern roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Silicon Valley Bank takes an average of 40 days when considering 270 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Intern had the quickest hiring process (on average 15 days), whereas Associate roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 43 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Silicon Valley Bank according to 270 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 30.00%