Singapore Polytechnic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Singapore Polytechnic Interview Questions

Interviews at Singapore Polytechnic

2.3

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Singapore Polytechnic.

Interview

Three rounds of Interview,
    Phone Interview
    In person Tech Interview
    HR Interview
    All were simple Interviews and easy to clear. They don't ask hard Questions.
    In person tech interview is where they ask for technical questions .

Adjunct Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Singapore Polytechnic.

Interview

Everyone I encountered at SP seemed extremely confused and uncoordinated. Here's my little tale.

My first contact with SP was through email, with someone from HR (let's call her Ms A). We arranged for the interview date and time after a few exchanges. It's quite strange that she never once did reveal her phone number, nor did she call me. All these "to-and-fro" could have been much shortened.

Days after I've got the interview arranged, a different person from HR called me (let's call her Ms B), wanting to arrange for an interview! She seemed totally unaware that I already have one arranged by Ms A. I told her about this and she never called back.

Fast forwarding to the day of the interview, I met up with a full-time lecturer (let's call him Mr C). He was cordial and things seemed to go quite well. I had some questions about the level and depth of the course material I was supposed to teach and he agreed to send me the course synopsis. At the end of the interview, he mentioned that he would put up a recommendation to his bosses for a second interview. The second interview would be where I would meet his bosses.

Days went by and I did not hear from Mr C.

Even more days went by and I heard from yet another HR staff - let's call her Ms D. She called me up wanting to arrange a first interview. I told her that I've met up with Mr C and wondered why she was arranging for one. She said something about Mr C's wish to arrange this interview. Had he forgotten that we've met?! Ms D replied that she would check back with Mr C.

Then I did not hear any more from them.

I could overlook all these if my livelihood did not depend on this queer bunch. After all, it was just a part-time position I applied for. But if you are considering working full-time at SP, it might be good to think twice.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult. It's the usual questions about my experiences, and how much time I can commit as a part-time lecturer.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Singapore Polytechnic.

Interview

basic questions asked such give a brief introduction about yourself, why do you apply for this job and what you hope to achieve after leaving this place? tell me about your skills?

Lecturer Interview

Interview

It began with a presentation (i was informed beforehand what to prepare), followed by standard interview by a panel which include the Director of my School, HR and Continual Learning. Everything was done within about an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Singapore Polytechnic (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

They will ask you about your research experience and some technical questions, introduce the company and the project to you. They will ask your understanding about the difference between different programming language.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Singapore Polytechnic (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2016.

Interview

There were two rounds of interview. The first round was less technical (July) and more of knowing the skill sets I possessed. The team lead and center director were in the panel. They wanted to check if I would be a good fit in the team. I was also asked to send a presentation detailing my work via email after the first round. I was called for the second round of interview (September) and this time I was interviewed by the main director and team lead. It ended on a positive note with the team lead congratulating me. I was asked to await a call from the HR. However, I waited for a month and still did not get any call. I was following up once in a month with the team lead regarding the HR interview. He assured me via emails to wait patiently. This went on for three months and in January when I called the admin staff I was told that my application was rejected. When I called the team lead to confirm, he told me that he was unaware of it. They did not even care to update me regarding the status until I inquired. I waited for the job offer because the work was well aligned with my expertise and interesting. A truly disappointing experience.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Singapore Polytechnic (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2017.

Interview

There are 3 interview minimum for staff; depends on the entry level into the school; which only passing each round would you go to the next round. First interview would be with your direct supervisor. Next interview would be the department head and the faculty head. In some cases, there may be an interview or group session with the other staff of the same level. The last interview would be with HR, faculty head and cluster head. For me, each interview was quite easy to manage and fast. Questions posted were neither too technical nor difficult.

Program Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Singapore Polytechnic (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2011.

Interview

I applied online through the government jobs portal and this was considered an entry level position.

I received a call for an interview the following week, and when I went for the first interview it was amongst people in the department I was applying for. Initially they asked generic questions such as an introduction, the kind of experience I had, reasons I applied for the position, and it progressed to situation-based questions to understand what I'd do in made-up situations relevant to the work they did. The first interview completed with questions regarding my proficiency using the Microsoft Office applications.

I was invited for a second interview and besides the two persons who interviewed me the first round, the deputy principal and HR director were there and this session was a little intimidating for me, but they were very nice, and asked questions such as what I'd contribute to the polytechnic if I were hired. They gave me the opportunity to ask questions and I was concerned about the performance appraisal system and culture.

Aside from answering "favourably" to the questions they asked, they took note of punctuality (I was vying for the position with 3 other shortlisted candidates who made it to 2nd round and was slated to go 2nd but I reached first and the rest reached after I was done) and what I brought to the interview (a drink was definitely not welcome).

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with faculty who passed on tasks at the last minute?   1 Answer

Lecturer (PAS 6) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Singapore Polytechnic (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2009.

Interview

It's a 2 tier interview. First tier is interviewed by the specific school Academic Resource Deputy Director. If clear this interview you are required to attend a session where you are required to show your teaching potential - meaning you need to create your own lecturer and present it to 2-3 HR and Education Department staff. If you clear this then the final stage is an interview with the principal and his deputies,

Interview Questions

• They will ask why you decide to leave your current job to be a lecturer. Never say you want to take a break from your current work!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much as the salary is tied to your experience outside lecturing, Plus as a statutory boards, they don't have much financial power to negotiate.

Lecturer (PAS 6) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Singapore Polytechnic (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2009.

Interview

2 informal interviews with the resource manager(for organisational fit) and course manager(technical fit to the course). If you clear them, they will recommend you and there is a formal interview which consist of a technical presentation of your choice following by meeting the top management(Principal and vice-principals).The formal interview is more of a formality before hiring. Unless you make a big mistake or leave a very bad impression, you are most likely hired if you make it to the formal interview.

Interview Questions

• Quite a routine interview. No difficult questions. They are looking for job fit and technical expertise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation for my particular school.You either take the salary offered or you don't