Sittercity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sittercity Interview Questions

2.8

Babysitter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Just apply online and people come to find you. You have the option to have your credentials and background checked. Although it may seem scary the first time you interact with a potential employer, every single conversation and follow through I had was legitimate. Sittercity is very strict about scammers.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sittercity (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The job posting was on LinkedIn. This consisted on a resume, cover letter, and short response question (the size of a tweet, since you'd be doing some social media work) about what makes you unique. It took them about a week to get back to me and email me to set up a phone interview. The interview went great. The woman from their HR department seemed like she actually understood marketing and the company's brand very well. She said the marketing department had already viewed my application so this interview went well and they already liked me! I was thrilled after my phone interview and said I'd hear back in a week for in person interviews in their downtown Chicago office, but I never got a call. Overall, the phone interview went very well, the woman was highly engaging and positive, and had a passion for the Sittercity (and Chime) brand.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about ______ experience on your resume.

Why the Sittercity brand?

Asked about my work at Disney (because it seemed exciting to her).   Answer Question

Member Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sittercity (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very laid back. The interviewers mostly did the talking but they took the time to explain the company and what the role was. They were very transparent about the specific role and the company itself.

Babysitter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sittercity (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

This is an agency that connects babysitters with families. Took place in a small office with two other employees present, but behind a screen and working at their desks. I really hate when interviewers ask "What's your biggest weakness at X?" which they did. The person who interviewed me was perfectly friendly, but seemed weary of interviewing people, as they are always taking applicants.

Interview Questions

• Scenario: What do you do if you're fifteen minutes late to work for a family and they're upset?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sittercity (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with HR, which was pretty normal.

Moved to a phone interview with a senior engineer. It was very interesting, it was more about judging experience and culture fit than any serious technical questions. The technical aspect came in the form of a coding challenge that was to be completed over 7 days. It was stressful but I personally liked it more than having to complete a full challenge while in the office.

After completing the challenge I came in to meet the team and answer some more technical questions and judge the personality fit. That process was maybe 3-4 hours in-person.

Interview Questions

• The code challenge was the most difficult portion of the interview process   Answer Question

QA Interview

Interview

Initial conversation was with human resources rep, after that I was invited for in-house interview. I talked to Manager of Engineering who was also in charge of QA department. After that I talked to two members of QA team. I was asked to test site's log-in page in Safari on MacBook Pro and enter a bug in Jira.