Slack Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 623 of over 623 interviews

Employee Referral20%
Recruiter17%
HardAverageEasy

Slack

Application

I interviewed at Slack

Interview

Initial interviews with HR very positive. Lady said she would put me through to the next round but then heard nothing. I follows up and was told that they might be hiring an internal candidate instead. They never got back to me to confirm so I assume they did.

Interview Questions
  • What transferable skills can you bring?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slack (New York, NY)

Interview

Two phases: 1. Chronological Interview 2. Presentation. You are sent an email with a Zoom invite for the Chrono interview. Several people may attended. I was expecting them to close the loop and never heard back from any of the interviewers or recruiting. I did reach out to the recruiter via email and "crickets". Meanwhile, I am moving forward with other interviews and presentations.

Interview Questions
  • Who did you work with? What would they say about you? What were you hired to do? What accomplishments are you most proud of? What are some of the low points during the job?/What went really wrong?/What would you have done differently? Why did you leave your job? How would you build a relationship with your AEs?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Slack

Join the conversation on

Tech

209.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Slack~950758
Join the conversation on

Slack

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Slack

Interview

Nice recruiter, polite hiring mgr in video interview. But if you are over 45 I highly recommend you research the linkedin profiles to see the ages of the potential team members to gauge your chances and possibly save yourself time.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Slack (Austin, TX)

Interview

The process was about 5-6 weeks from HR screening to offer. I met with my hiring manager, 4 peers and partners and our department lead executive. My recruiter was truly wonderful, providing a number to text her at with any questions and she even sent me a 'good luck' text the day I had a block of interviews. I really wanted to nail the opportunity, but was stressed as other opportunities were in flight at the same time. The interview process did provide me a candid take on everyone's personalities, the needs of the role and how where I would make an impact which was great to understand early on. I'm noting that this interview was difficult only for the fact there were many people to talk to and that I wanted to impress, so I made sure to research, be very present and followup well for each.

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Slack (New York, NY)

Interview

Straight-forward and wonderful. Everyone was kind and the process was clear because of their wonderful recruiter. She made things super transparent: timeline, how many rounds, etc. I got through the first two rounds and completed the third round, but they went a different direction.

Interview Questions
  • How I would approach the position given my non-traditional background (academia).

Slack

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Slack in May 2022

Interview

After recruiter call, which went very smoothly and professionally, there is a hiring manager interview. The recruiter walked me through what to expect and how to prepare for it. I was initially set to interview with a manager, and few hours before the interview I was told they are switching up the person who should be interviewing me, because the manager in not available. The replacement was a developer and not a manger, and although I was told by the recruiter that this interview will be only behavioral and not technical, the interviewer expected to hear about technical aspects on each and every question they asked, and when you are trying to communicate the behavioural aspects in your answers, you don't feel the necessity to dive deep in technical aspects of the problem. There were also technical irrelevant questions in the interview which was unexpected and surprising. The interviewer was indirectly doing a tech screen and not a behavioural interview, which would have been fine if I knew this is not a behavioural interview, but wasn't the case. They were unmotivated to hear any of the answers, would tell me to give a different and more technical example of the situation because the one I talked about wasn't exciting enough for them, and they looked very distracted 5 seconds into my answers, which made me feel very uncomfortable. Overall the process was handled very unprofessionally specially for a company like Slack. I then heard from the recruiter that they are not moving forward with the process because "the team" has decided I am not a good fit with no feedback, while the team was just one developer whose total years of development experience was half what I had.

Interview Questions
  • Describe one time you were under a lot of pressure at work and what did you do?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slack (Toronto, ON) in May 2022

Interview

I interviewed last week at Slack, It's just a waste of time. After my on-site interview, they got back to me and said they held hiring for this position because of the market situation, Really? how they didn't know last week about that?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Slack (Dublin, Dublin)

Interview

Straightforward interviews. Multiple rounds including a written portion project and interviews with a few different people. The interviewers asked normal questions. No trick questions. The process was very transparent and clear.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slack (New York, NY)

Interview

The process was recruiter screen with light technical questions, main technical (two interviewers, not Leetcode-based), behavioural (life story style), system design. Technical questions were all relevant to Slack's product. Great experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Slack

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Slack in Apr 2022

Interview

The interview process went very well until the final stage. The recruiter was fantastic, and so was the hiring manager. Then there was a presentation call and they sent a deck for me to prepare. I worked on it for close to a week, and was very confident going into the presentation. The final interview included another manager, and it took a negative turn very quickly. I was criticized at every step by her. I was asked to remember my college professor's name (I graduated in '05). It was all very off-putting. So basically after 75 mins of negative feedback, I did not get the job. Not only that, I did not even receive feedback that I requested after the interview.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 623 Interviews

Slack Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Slack as 51.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.99 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Senior Software Engineer and Customer Experience Agent rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Customer Success Manager and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Slack takes an average of 27 days when considering 507 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Senior Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 17 days), whereas Customer Experience Agent roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 31 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Slack according to 507 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 30.63%