Slack Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 464 of over 464 interviews

Recruiter16%
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Slack (Chicago, IL) in Jun 2020

Interview

The interview process was thorough and very transparent. It started with a phone screen with a recruiter. It was conversational and didn’t feel uncomfortable at all. My recruiter also recently went through Slack’s interview process/virtual onboarding so I found it helpful to hear about her personal experience firsthand and it got me really excited about the opportunity. Next was a pretty intense chronological interview with two managers, including the hiring manager. This interview was about 90 minutes long and not only consisted of walking through my professional resume but also drilling into specifics such as why I selected my college and what each manager I’ve ever had would say about me! This felt like the most critical part of the interview process and luckily, I felt thoroughly prepped by my recruiter(s) beforehand. They let me know pretty quickly that I made it to the final round (a presentation) and were accommodating with giving me the time I needed to prep. The final interview was a multi-prompt presentation to three managers. Again, my recruiter met with me in advance to thoroughly review expectations, provide advice, and answer questions. All very helpful. The various presentation prompts felt like they were trying to gauge a number of different things — overall presentation style with customers, ability to answer questions on the fly, concrete examples of your success/personal process, and cultural fit. I was a little tight on time and did not get to ask many questions to the three managers at the end but luckily I was extended an offer shortly after. I was interviewing during the pandemic so I truly appreciated that my recruiter provided proactive updates every step of the way. She made the experience less stressful and very pleasant!

Interview Questions
  • 1. Who was your manager (for every role) and what would they say your biggest strength and area of opportunity is?
    Answer Question
  • Why are you a great hire?
19 people found this interview helpful

Slack

Application

I interviewed at Slack

Interview

Several rounds of interviews, very kind and open throughout, though a very drawn out process wish that they had communicated more with me throughout the process, but overall it was a good experience

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Slack

Application

I interviewed at Slack

Interview

Friendly start with a recruiter and I got intel from an inside source that they just keep it light. However, that was not the case! It was a regular interview and I was taken back. Would've been nice if they told me more about what they were going to be asking about in advance.

Interview Questions
  • Ranging from "Why do you want to work for Slack?" to specific questions about the position, behavioral questions, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Slack (Sydney)

Interview

Wasn't a very great experience. Compared to other companies, Slack's process seemed very slow - 1.5wks between each round. 1. Phone screening with internal recruiter 2. Zoom interview - current CSM - background, work experience, etc. 3. Zoom interview - with hiring manager (Director, APAC) 4. Zoom interview - chronological round with Director APAC & Senior Manager USA - deep dive into each role of career history 5. Zoom interview - Presentation Unfortunately I didn't make it through to the 5th round and received an auto-email advising this. I replied to the email politely requesting to book a quick call to go over any feedback from my interviews and areas where I can improve. During the feedback call with internal recruiter, I asked a number of questions and was only given very generic responses, when I asked for further questions for clarity I was advised "I really can't disclose a lot of feedback in detail to be honest, we don't generally", which was quite surprising and disappointing.

Interview Questions
  • - career experience / history - why this role / Slack - what would your manager (from each previous role) say about you - what were your strengths / weaknesses (from each previous role)

Slack

Application

I interviewed at Slack

Interview

Spoke with recruiter and the hiring manager, but did not make it to the third phase which would have been a panel interview and a writing exercise. Everyone was pleasant and professional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Slack

Application

I interviewed at Slack

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter followed up with me. It was very clear within the first 5 minutes of the call that they were not very interested in me. Their questions were very basic and they seemed to rush through the initial screening call. The next day, I got the rejection email. My recommendation is to train your recruiters on creating a great candidate experience, remove their bias, and try to really understand a candidate's background and experience. If we are not a fit, just explain what you are looking for in the role and why it's not a fit rather than giving me a very basic experience which gives recruiters a bad name.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Slack

Application

I interviewed at Slack

Interview

I applied online via the Slack Website. I made sure to personalize my resume according to the job description. Also, I`ve spent some time, a couple of hours researching the company`s mission, core values, understanding the culture, etc. And as a result writing the cover letter, using the structural approach, why I like being a PM, and three reasons why I am excited to join the Slack team. I appreciate that the Slack hiring team answered me the next day, that, unfortunately, they do not plan to proceed to the next step.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Slack

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Slack

Interview

I applied online, and the recruiter reached out to me. He was very interested and mentioned that I would be an excellent candidate for this position. He scheduled a phone conversation with the hiring manager later on. During the interview, the hiring manager showed a lot of interest and even gave his email for any questions for the further steps in the interview. After that, they did not get back to me. I do not expect to be accepted, but it would be minimum respect for a candidate to give a response. You do not even respect the time of the candidate.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Slack

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Slack

Interview

The interview was conducted in the style of "curriculum" -- spending the same amount of time deep-diving into each role in the CV. It's thus understood, that the hiring manager was following a script. However, at some point they were asking questions obviously irrelevant for the specific situation and showing no flexibility and poor common sense. The interview would have been possibly much more relevant when conducted by an AI avatar with an algorithm for common sense. The other person in the room, a regional manager, seemed to have joined the interview "out of curiosity" -- took no notes, asked no relevant questions and instead made an unprofessional remark on a mutual acquaintance. All in all, a very unpleasant experience of an unprofessional, inflexible work environment.

Interview Questions
  • Who was your manager at this role?

Slack

Application

I interviewed at Slack

Interview

HR contact extremely helpful. Was not offered original job I interviewed for but was told they felt I was the right fit for the company and wanted to find a place for me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Slack

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Slack

Interview

Process was simple and short. Phone interview followed by Chronological Interview (understanding you, values, culture fit), case study/panel presentation and final phone discussion with local leader. The experience overall was positive and very much focused on whether both the candidate and company would be a good fit working together

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 464 Interviews