Found 923 of over 1K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Still some great people left at the company and a truly exceptional product." (in 138 reviews)
- "Great culture and values!" (in 137 reviews)
- "Great benefits and all the resources you need to do well in sales here." (in 104 reviews)
- "Great work life balance (ex/ Fri" (in 72 reviews)
- "• Great leadership that truly is customer centric" (in 42 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Slack and is not affected by filters.
- 3.0Nov 6, 2023Senior Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Excellent compensation, interesting tech, they employ some incredibly smart people, remote-first and highly flexible
There are constant team and org reorganizations, the quality organization has been eliminated while the scope of the application is exploding, and there is no recourse for poor management as feedback flows one direction only, per Salesforce design.1
- 2.0Nov 6, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
I'm fully remote and when I turn the laptop off, I don't have to think about how awful this place is or how mediocre my colleagues are.
The leadership is vapid, the strategy is nonexistent, and the product is festering. Since the Salesforce acquisition, there is no innovation.2
- 4.0Nov 7, 2023Senior Account ExecutiveCurrent EmployeeSan Francisco, CA
Great team, holding on to the culture before the acquisition, solid product roadmap.
Salesforce acquisition has muddied the waters a lot, constant fear of layoffs, constant org changes.
- 4.0Nov 10, 2023Product DesignerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsNew York, NY
Good work-life balance, interesting to work on, people are smart and kind, design is valued
Salesforce corporate stuff, company direction is confusing since Stewart left
- 3.0Aug 21, 2023Sr. Mid Market Account ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearIrvine, CA
Slack's product and culture (outside of Salesforce influence) is second-to-none. The positive reception and enthusiasm end-users have for the product is super encouraging to see as an employee. After the Salesforce acquisition and Co-Founder/CEO Stewart Butterfield's departure, new CEO Lidiane Jones took the reigns, and she has exceeded my expectations for Stewart's replacement. She recognizes the unique value Slack & its culture brings to the table and seems to work to protect it.
Upon full integration post-acquisition by Salesforce, automated processes and tools that employees were accustomed to (and built as a result of our value prop/company outlook of automating any processes possible to increase efficiency and productivity) were replaced by old, antiquated tools and processes. I can no longer to the job I used to do. There's a lot of attrition and morale is low; leadership is also being replaced by old-guard Salesforce leaders.4
- 4.0Aug 9, 2023Staff Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Francisco, CA
Slack is a great product. It was fun to work on the product. They offer unlimited PTOs. Also full-remote positions are available.
Slack is not a tech company but a product company. Most of the middle managers are non-technical. This causes low quality decisions in system architecture, hiring, and promotions. They don't know what they are doing.1
- 4.0Oct 16, 2023Enterprise Account ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
Smart people, great product, encouraging environment
Lack of innovation, not a "need to have" if using other tools
Slack Reviews FAQs
Slack has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 1,017 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at Slack to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.
75% of Slack employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Slack 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.