KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Slack Reviews

Updated Sep 16, 2021

Found 612 of over 666 reviews

4.7
Pros
  • "Work life balance is not just talked about but demonstrated here(in 84 reviews)

• "Great culture - there has not been a single day where I wished I was working elsewhere(in 29 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Working through the growing pains of a startup(in 37 reviews)

• "This level of scaling in a distributed work environment might not be for everyone(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Slack and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

A group of brilliant, warm and empathetic humans 🚀

Oct 19, 2020 - Manager – Technical Architect in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture encourages people to naturally be themselves, it stopped being classified as work for me a long time ago and more of a place my brain goes to think about people collaborate. Work life balance is not just talked about but demonstrated here. Work hard and go home was painted on the wall of my office and it's respected and adhered to. I had a life event and my manager simply said, "go and do what you need to do, your family comes first".

Cons

It is a big responsibility to handle the collaboration of the size of customers we have, it is not necessary a negative but something to remember from time to time.

Continue reading
      13 people found this review helpful

Slack

Thanks for your review! It’s great to hear that you feel work/life balance is a priority at Slack. The health and well-being of our employees is very important to us and we’re glad to hear that you feel supported. We hear you on the responsibility front and we’re thankful to you for taking it on! -Slack

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company!

Sep 16, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Super innovative product, amazing team, always learning and growing

Cons

a lot of uncertainty and change with Salesforce acquisition

3. 5.0

Incredible Work Place

Sep 8, 2021 - Renewals Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Truly treats their employees as family and as adults. As long as youre doing what youre suppose to be doing no one really bothers you. great pay, great benefits, great people.

Cons

None that I can think of

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Slack great culture & job

Aug 17, 2021 - Strategy
      Business Outlook

Pros

Slack hires smart, kind, interesting, humble and fun people. Very low jerk ratio. The thought and care that goes into product is second to none, and customers love the product.

Cons

Slack does title deflation and suffers from overanalysis paralysis. Promotions and opportunities for advancement appear limited. The affect of the Salesforce acquisition is a big question mark.

Slack Response

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so happy to hear that you've had a great experience at Slack! Thank you as well for the feedback! -Slack

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Fun company to work for!

Aug 18, 2021 - Senior Business Analyst in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is great and fast paced.

Cons

Long days but there is a great team that has your back.

Slack Response

Hi there! We are so happy to hear you love the culture at Slack! We are thrilled to have you on the team :) -Slack

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Slack Software Engineering Intern Review

Aug 8, 2021 - Software Engineering Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Non-stressful work environment, interview process and onboarding time are very accommodating.

Cons

You may be placed on a team you don't expect, also my internship was remote.

Slack Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and we are so glad you enjoyed your time as an intern! -Slack

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Environment

Aug 1, 2021 - Software Engineer in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun projects Great team Growth opportunities Professional development Good management

Cons

Sometimes long hours Honestly None that I can think of

Slack Response

Thanks for leaving a review! We are thrilled that you've found Slack such a great place to work! -Slack

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great culture

Jul 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's the best company culture I've ever been apart of! I've never felt more supported in my career and I get to work with the smartest people. The walk the walk and I swear it's not just kool-aid chatter.

Cons

Growing pains. Lack of clarity from marketing leadership is a huge pain point on every project. Bad management without the ability to move teams besides just leaving the company altogether.

Continue reading

Slack Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave this thoughtful review!We can't thank you enough for your positive feedback. It makes our day! -Slack

9. 1.0
      Former Employee

Good for some, but not for me

Aug 17, 2021 - Staff Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good comp, wide name recognition, great benefits. Many competent people. Market leading product. Glassdoor pad

Cons

Too many parasites: people who are there to get paid Very political env: full of snow flaky people around you. You have to be very careful what you say to whom.

1 person found this review helpful

Slack Response

Thank you so much for leaving a review. We're really glad to hear that you felt well compensated and have great things to say about our product. We are always striving to create a good environment for all our employees and we appreciate this feedback. -Slack

10. 5.0

Awesome place to work

Jul 12, 2021 - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cool product, great culture, top-notch talent everywhere

Cons

Hard to find something to nitpick on this

Slack Response

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review! We are so happy to have you on the team and thrilled you love the product and culture so much :) -Slack

Viewing 1 - 10 of 612 Reviews