Smart Financial Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Smart Financial Credit Union

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Smart Financial Credit Union

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smart Financial Credit Union.

Interview

Was not hard. An HR hiring manager calls first and interviews. It's not bad at all. I got the vibe that it was to get a feel for the applicant personality and find out more about the applicant on a personal level.

Then there was an interview with the hiring manager. It was not bad. Very situational and asked good technical questions. At some points they asked about tech news, which I enjoy keeping up with so it made for good conversation.

A day after the second interview, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• I can't really remember anything specific. Maybe how I would handle a certain situation.   1 Answer

Network Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smart Financial Credit Union in July 2018.

Interview

I applied online, a couple of days later received an email from HR asking to do an assessment test where you do different scenarios, and he mentioned that there is an immediate need for this position.
    I had done the assessment test at the same day, a few minutes after I received an email from the HR person asking to schedule a phone interview, and because this is an immediate need I picked up the next available day/time to do the phone interview.
    Everything went fine, been asked if it is possible to schedule the in-person interview in the next few days and if it is possible to do it in the morning.
    Two hours later, HR called again, mentioned that hiring manager accidentally didn't mention the Cisco VOIP experience in the job requirement and he wants to know if I worked on this particular brand before, I told him that I had worked on different VOIP brands (not Cisco) so this should not be a problem. I meet all the job requirement except the Cisco VOIP system.
    I didn't hear anything back from them, I contacted the HR couple of days after to follow up, but I didn't get any response. I feel like I wasted my time and been treated in an unprofessional way!

Interview Questions

Smart Financial Credit Union Response

Aug 7, 2018 – SVP - Human Resources

Dear Candidate –
    I want to personally apologize for the experience you received during the recruitment process for the Network Administrator position. You are correct in that this is not the experience we would like for any candidate to experience when applying for a position with Smart Financial. Your experience is not consistent with our values or culture as an organization. Although, Human Resources does not determine the skills necessary to move forward in the hiring process, we are responsible for providing every candidate with honest feedback and in your case, we failed to appropriately notify you of the hiring managers decision. I’ve addressed your concern with my team and hope that this does not persuade you from considering Smart Financial in the future. Best of luck and feel free to reach me directly if you have additional concerns.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smart Financial Credit Union (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

General Day to day operations questions. Asked about leadership skills setting example. How to train employee to be successful. They also how do you balance between operations and platform. How to handle customer compliant. They also asked if salary is negotiable

Interview Questions

• Explain where you trained a employee and they did not succeed and one situation where they did succeed

What is your perception on a credit union

How will you create Branch Awareness   Answer Question

Lending Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

An HR rep called for a pre-screening, then sent an email link to a skills assessment. MAKE SURE TO TAKE THE ASSESSMENT SERIOUSLY. It's timed and simulates a call center. Then there was an in person interview with my manager and the department VP.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Smart Financial Credit Union (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I complete the scenario animation with four sections: bank station scenario, behavioral questions, background check, and banking terms. I then wait for their reply. They would give slow reply so be patient

Interview Questions

• What are the functions of a bank   1 Answer

Commercial Lending Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smart Financial Credit Union (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

a phone interview with HR. They ask alot of personality question and you meet with the manager. The interview is laid back and easy going. they try to ensure of a work life balance at the interview, Over all the interview process is easy going,

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingwood, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smart Financial Credit Union (Kingwood, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Was called within 2 days of online application to come in for a formal interview. Met with the branch manager for the interview. The interview itself was not difficult - general interview questions. I ended up not getting the job because they were short staffed and did not have the ability at the time to train me (I had no cash handling experience).

Teller Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Smart Financial Credit Union.

Interview

Phone interview then in store interview. Asked simple questions and very friendly. Emphasis on company culture and personal advancement. Nothing really challenging about process. Easy going environment and comfortable setting

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Smart Financial Credit Union (Houston, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

The process was fair. It was a group interview, where you met about 3 times and slowly you were diminished.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of customer service questions and safety questions.   Answer Question