SmartStyle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SmartStyle

1.7

Sort:

Manager/Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SmartStyle.

Interview

District leader will meet in what would be your home salon, typically on a slower afternoon. Very simple. Sit in the back of the salon, chat for a few minutes, get asked a few questions,& done. They will let you know they will call you once they have spoken with their regional supervisor. If they like you, they will run your information through their computer to make sure you are eligible for hire. If you are, then they can begin the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a client being upset or unruly?   3 Answers

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SmartStyle in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online. After a few weeks I received a text requesting an interview with the district manager. It was very easy to be honest. I’m a new graduate and the interview was a breeze. I think I was asked about 8 questions and then I was shown around the salon. There was also a technical interview where I had to perform a haircut of my choice. They gave me space and just wanted to see how I did a client consultation and how I would act around a client. I was offered the job immediately.

Anonymous Employee in Morris, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SmartStyle (Morris, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Two interviews, first is verbal, second you bring models in to do hair cuts on. It’s pretty easy and simple as long as you know what you’re doing. Depending on the salon they may ask you questions about color and perm wrapping etc, but they didn’t at mine.

Interview Questions

• They ask if there are services the salon offers that you aren’t comfortable with. If so, explain why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SmartStyle (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Basically, I was asked a few questions. I was then told I would start in a couple weeks because she was going on vacation. Then I spent 3 days watching videos.

Anonymous Employee in Liberty, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SmartStyle (Liberty, MO) in October 2012.

Interview

You have to jump through to many hoops just to apply. You have to apply in person and online. Then you have to talk to someone on the phone. And you have to wear to much make up.

Interview Questions

• there are no interview questions other than how long in the business they judge you on if you wear make up or not   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Swannanoa, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SmartStyle (Swannanoa, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

it was very hard and i had a difficult time not being nervous but they were nice and gave me a chance and were good with the shadowing. They also gave me a while to build my speed and get used to the computer system.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chippewa, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SmartStyle (Chippewa, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was professional though the interviewer never once made me feel nervous. We talked about the job aspects and then I did a short technical interview. We also reviewed my portfolio. The interviewer was happy to answer any questions I had and by the end of the interview I was already like this salon and company would be my home.

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SmartStyle in February 2017.

Interview

A breeze, asked questions about difficult times in a salon, why I wanted to join the team, if I knew where I wanted to be in 10 years. Went over simple rules, explained why they are a good place to work.

Hair Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SmartStyle in April 2018.

Interview

Got a called came in and worked on a mannequin and answered questions...Seemed like they were desperate for workers so I basically knew I got the job right away

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SmartStyle (Mobile, AL) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a call the next morning asking if I was interested in coming in for an interview. I interviewed the next day. It was a very calm laid back environment. I sat and spoke with the store manager and district manager. Interview took about 30 to 45 minutes. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Was my schedule flexible? What were my strengths and weaknesses doing hair? When could I start ?   Answer Question