Smashburger Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 99 of over 99 interviews

2.0
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Smashburger

Smashburger

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smashburger

Interview

Sat down and asked a couple of basic questions. The manager was laid back. Overall, it was not a hard process, not a lot of stress. Just make sure you answer the questions to the best of your ability.

Interview Questions
  • 1. What is your biggest weakness?
    Answer Question

Smashburger

Application

I interviewed at Smashburger

Interview

It was okay it really depends on your manager and how he runs the store and the interview was pretty easy again it depends on who is interviewing you but overall it's an okay place to work at.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Smashburger

Application

I interviewed at Smashburger

Interview

It was nice. Done on the spot as soon as I submitted my application, and it was relatively easy questions about myself and how I would respond to hypothetical situations.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time where you had to mediate and act as a problem solver.
1 person found this interview helpful

Smashburger

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smashburger

Interview

It was informal. We both sat down talked about food and stuff. Asked about experience and what makes me want to work here. It was informal. We both sat down talked about food and stuff. Asked about experience and what makes me want to work here.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your formal cooking experience and it’s shaped your cooking techniques.

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smashburger (Draper, UT) in Jun 2020

Interview

I was briefly interviewed by the manager in the front of the store after walking in to discuss their, "now hiring" sign. There were no intense questions, and I was hired on the spot. Everyone was friendly, upbeat, and helpful.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked basic questions about my employement history, but nothing too difficult to answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smashburger (Orlando, FL) in Feb 2020

Interview

Easy I got hired on the spot. She was really nice. She understood that I had issues going on in my life and led the way. It was just amazing!

Interview Questions
  • Why would you be a good asset for us?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smashburger (New York, NY) in Dec 2019

Interview

I was called one afternoon and was asked by the owner to come in the next day for an interview about a week after my application was submitted. And I went in, asking for the owner like he asked me too. One of the managers said he wasn't here, to go grab a drink and go sit down. So I did so and was left waiting for about 15 minutes. Not bad. The manager came over with some paperwork (like legal name, SSN, address, etc) and left me to do that, then when the actual interview started they had took the paperwork, and had my resume. Then they asked me some basic questions, gave me some compliments too! So they told me I would be working in the front of the house, what my job would be, and briefly how everything worked. I said it sounded good to me, and asked to come in after two days so we could fill paperwork, get me a uniform, and show me around. Then my first day of work would be the next day. Now I don't need much more training and I'm doing pretty good for someone who started their first job.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience?
  • Why do you want to work here?
  • Why do you think youd be a good fit for the position?
  • When are you available?
  • What's your education experience?

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Smashburger (Charlotte, NC)

Interview

Initially, it was impossible for me to find the area of the airport (this was a small smashburger location) that the interview was taking place in, and no one would return my phone calls. Therefore, i missed my first interview due to vague directions. During the second appointment, we met at baggage claim (anything beyond required a security badge) by the American airlines credit union, where they scanned my license and my social security card, and took a copy of my resume. I sat in one of the chairs by the escalators while the two interviewers did this, and after about 15 minutes, the older woman sat down and asked me a few questions. It was a friendly, fairly easy interview to ace, as i was qualified for the cashier position. (They later changed my to a cook upon hiring, apparently thinking that since I had been a line cook on my resume this would be fine) It took almost two weeks to hear anything back from them, and then i had to set ANOTHER appointment so my fingerprints could be taken for a federal background check, and then i had to call just to find out a week later they wanted to hire me! There was no communication the entire time, and this process dragged out for almost two months. For a FAST FOOD JOB.

Interview Questions
  • What was a difficult situation at (past employer) and how did you handle it?

Smashburger

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Smashburger

Interview

Way too easy interview. For a reason. DO not work here. Everyone leaves within a month at most. They ask you like 5 questions then hire you because they're so desperate for people at the Medford, MA location because everyone quits.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Smashburger (Denver, CO) in Jan 2019

Interview

The General Manager asked me questions regarding my resume and hired me on the spot. It took less than 10 mins total. The overall process took around a week.

Interview Questions
  • What previous manager experience have you had?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 99 Interviews