Smashburger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Smashburger

2.1

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montclair, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smashburger (Montclair, NJ) in November 2010.

Interview

I walked in asking if they were still hiring and was interviewed by the manager on the spot. She asked about my personality, work experience, and availability. It was a new branch so it was very laid back

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Smashburger (Camarillo, CA).

Interview

Very easy. Just asked to get an application and to talk to the general manager. There really wasnt much to do im just writing more because glassdoor has a 50 word minimum

Interview Questions

• Why i wanted to work there? And what my hrs would be like? And if i was going to school?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Coon Rapids, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smashburger (Coon Rapids, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy it took two interviews but overall it didnt take that long to get an offer it was mostly just easy questions to answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smashburger in June 2016.

Interview

I had a interview with 3 mangers. All 3 of them were very nice. They made me feel like I was at home. They asked basic questions like why do I want to work here and do I know anything about the company. Make sure to look at their history.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smashburger (Flower Mound, TX).

Interview

Wasn't hard, they look for positive attitudes. They call you in ask what you like about the company and why you applied. Everything was easygoing and very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Its the service industry so it was all common sense.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smashburger (Frederick, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

I had a interview with two people. They were funny and relaxing. I was kind of nervous at first. The place just opened up in Frederick, Md. I had not even finished the application and they called me in for a interview.I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negation 9 hr

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Smashburger in September 2014.

Interview

After I applied for a new location they were opening and went through the aptitude test, the next day I was called by the district manager to come in for an interview the next day with the general manager. The general manager and me did the interview at a Starbucks next to the place I would work at since it was still being built. For the most part it was very casual, me and the guy talked about different things throughout the interview including non interview topics a couple times.. He asked me a couple questions about my background and I explained them further. He also talked about the job requirements and said he wanted to hire people who are positive and upbeat and can get along and work with others great, the typical things any employer looks for. Just be casual in the interview. Treat the interviewer like a friend you met up with rather than your possible future boss. After the questions, he said he would call me in a few days to set up a time for me to come in and do some paperwork.

Interview Questions

• None if the questions were hard. Most were just confirming what was on the application, but he did ask me if I was still interested in the job a few times which surprised me.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Smashburger (Elmhurst, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Fairly easy Interview I applied online and within a few weeks I got an Interview. During the meeting the manager asked basic questions and 15 minutes into the interview I got told to come back for an on the job preview to see if I wanted tow work there. Simple!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Smashburger (Chino Hills, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I start telling him all about myself and cash register experience and immediately says you know we're looking for cooks. Really? You're going to waste my time knowing I came in for a CASHIER position? Whatever, its fine i state I'm a quick learner and I also have 2 years fast food experience. I mention I'm in college right now and big surprise, I'm graduating in 1.5 to 2 years. He says they're looking for passionate people and apparently because I'm in school I wont be passionate enough to work there. What a waste of time. LOOK at someone's application and determine if you need them because I have other places who'd hire me in a heartbeat. Smashburger hates college students.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smashburger (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Submitted my application and they called me a few days later. Typical fast food questions asked. What irritated me was that I submitted my applications over 5+ months ago and then they call me, saying they wanted to interview. When I go to the interview and they act as if they couldn't believe my availability had changed. Well, hello, you do realize its mostly high schoolers and college kids applying to your company?? They have different classes each semester, so don't act like YOU are doing ME a favor by offering me a job and making snide remarks about my availability. I turned down the job offer .