Smithers Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Smithers Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Smithers Group

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Smithers Group (Akron, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial Phone interview with HR then full panel style interview a couple weeks later. I was going through a recruiter so they were handling questions as well between parties. Met with several key employees and seem like they are really probing for the exact candidate and looking for a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Difficult and very specific questions. Give us examples of your experience in certain situations. How would you handle this situation and provide examples of the outcome. It was a good but difficult interview.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smithers Group (Akron, OH) in August 2010.

Interview

HR manager called and described the job. Set up a panel interview. Lasted one hour. Was not hire.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in this job that you are not currently experiencing?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smithers Group in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job March 15th and was contacted the following week to set up a phone screen a few days later. The phone screen lasted 15 minutes and was very awkward. The HR rep seemed nice but provided no information about the company, why the position was open, what they were looking for, etc. She fired a few questions at me and then was ready to end the call. I asked a few questions to try and get more information about the role. I felt her answers were rushed, not very thorough, and left me feeling like she was giving me the bare minimum so she could get off the phone. Not sure if I wasn't what they were looking for or if I caught her on a bad day, but the interview was off-putting enough that I withdrew my application later that day.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last role? What are your salary requirements?   Answer Question

Operations Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smithers Group (Akron, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

Process was brief. Questions were vague and seemed to lack direction. It seemed as though they'd already made a decision before I walked in the door. Which made the whole process a waste of my time. I was very prepared for an interview that was not compelling or in depth in any way. I suppose they have to interview a number of candidates before choosing to appear as though they have been thorough, but their lack of effort to interview thoroughly was slightly insulting. I've been through much more engaging and professional interviews with much smaller companies for lower paying positions. I did the best I could, but they were never really considering me for the job and they didn't hide it very well.

Interview Questions

• Very vague. Why did you apply to this position? Why are you looking to leave your current position? I had to volunteer a lot of relevant information and was never asked any questions leading to relevant information.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leatherhead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Smithers Group (Leatherhead, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

I first sent in a cover letter for the role, and then received an email that I'd been successful.
    I had to completed a number of competency tests. I then had a phone interview with my line manager before then having a face to face interview with my line manager, the head of HR and the Global director of research and reports. There was also a maths test that I had to complete before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision and the information available was totally inadequate

Tell me about a time you had to solve a problem twice, when the first solution wasn’t right

Tell me about a time you organized and managed others on a complex task from start to finish   Answer Question

Senior Quality Officer Interview

Interview

I applied through recruiter and with in a week my interview was scheduled. I had telephonic Interview with 2 managers involved they both were very good and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were technically related to ISO standards.   Answer Question