Smithfield Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Smithfield Foods Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.3

Lead Cash Applications Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smithfield Foods.

Interview

Quick phone call as there was only one question and it related to a preference and not a requirement for the job. Would not have spent an hour filling out the online app if it had been designated as a requirement. The same day I received a thank you standard email stating they would select someone who better fit their needs (as I have considerable experience in the listed job tasks this indicated they wanted someone with SAP experience).

Production Line Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grayson, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Smithfield Foods (Grayson, KY).

Interview

They ask all the basic stuff any company does. Then have you sign releases for a background check and a drug test. If you pass those they have you come back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• If I thought I would be a good addition to the company.   1 Answer

Lab Technologist Interview

Interview

It was a short interview with simples questions about my experience and other things on the resume. Honestly, it was my first interview and she was very helpful during the process.

General Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Smithfield Foods (Smithfield, VA).

Interview

A quick question and answer session. Things like why did you leave your previous employer and why should we hire you. It was very open and no pressure situation. After the 1 on 1 portion, I was sent to their clinic for a drug and alcohol screening. After passing both, I was offered a position.

Transportation Analyst/Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Smithfield Foods (Kansas City, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 of the managers who I'd be working under at the same time first. Secondly, I met with the boss for a more brief one on one interview. The first 2 were a more casual questioning asking about the skills you posses and trying to connect them to their business. When the one on one interview was happening he was very straight forward and asked more to the point hard nosed questions about your skills and personality.

Interview Questions

• Asked about your history and why you fit their company. Also inquired about knowledge of competitors.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smithfield Foods in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process included two phone interviews--one from HR and another from the manager overseeing my position. It was very relaxed. Questions revolved around my accomplishments, work experience, and extracurricular activities and how they could be related to the position. One interview concluded and I received an email asking me was I available for another same day. I'm not sure how frequently that happens. The next interview was similar in questions so I was a little more prepared to give smoother, less choppy answers. I received a job offer of $17 an hour at 40 hours a week. This included two paid holidays, biweekly lunches, and team bonding experiences outside of the office/plant.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Smithfield?
      What's your gpa? How do you feel about it?
      Name a time you had to work as a team to accomplish a goal.
      Tell me about something that you are most proud of.
      How do you think your experience qualifies you for this position?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate other than to ask if they would work around my summer school session which they glady obliged.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smithfield Foods.

Interview

Phone and in person. A lady from hr called me and we did a phone interview about basic stuff. She was kind and just wanted to get a feel for me. In person interview with manager. She was pleasant to be around. Enthusiastic. It was a relaxed interview on a beautiful day. We were all poppin. Everybody was happy.

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenfield, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Smithfield Foods (Greenfield, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

It was very slow and easy and boring, but it was paid for. they tell you things that arent exactly true and make you push a broom rather than train like they need.

Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Smithfield Foods.

Interview

1. Phone interview. Pretty basic and general interview questions with HR
    2. On site (corporate headquarters) interview. With a panel of senior managers. They each had questions, some of them general, some specific and some more difficult questions.

I was contacted about a week later with an offer.

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenfield, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smithfield Foods (Greenfield, IN) in December 2015.

Interview

Talked with two individuals ,who were nice and right to the point.they asked me questions about my own personal life and my expectations.about a week later I was hired

Interview Questions

• What equipment can I operate.   1 Answer