Smithfield Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.3

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurinburg, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smithfield Foods (Laurinburg, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

Sent in my resume and got a call back fairly quick telling me a time and date on when a phone interview would be and to be available during those times. Interview was quick and very professional.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in a multicultural work place?   1 Answer

General Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middlesboro, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Smithfield Foods (Middlesboro, KY).

Interview

You have to go in for the first interview, then, if they like you, they will call you in for a second interview. During that interview, you do a drug test, sign the forms for your background check, etc. once all that comes in, you will then begin orientation class.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions you should be prepared for is, tell me about a time that you disagreed with management. How did you handle that?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smithfield Foods (Ames, IA) in September 2017.

Interview

Went through two skype interviews so far. Each interview was administered by different people in different departments that asked a different series of questions. The questions were fairly easy and interviews took place very early in the morning due to time differences

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smithfield Foods (Saint Charles, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I first got a phone interview and then I went in to interview at the facility a week later. I interviewed with human resource and the plant manager. The human resource person was friendly and professional. The plant manager was a different story.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Smithfield Foods.

Interview

A phone interview : It was very casual with some questions. Pretty Easy
    An in person interview with 4-6 managers : Intimidating at first with all of them asking questions but everyone was very friendly.

Lead Cash Applications Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smithfield Foods.

Interview

Quick phone call as there was only one question and it related to a preference and not a requirement for the job. Would not have spent an hour filling out the online app if it had been designated as a requirement. The same day I received a thank you standard email stating they would select someone who better fit their needs (as I have considerable experience in the listed job tasks this indicated they wanted someone with SAP experience).

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smithfield Foods (Lisle, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview process to see if I qualified for the next interview. I had another interview with one of the hiring managers and 3 interviews with customer service lead workers. It was the most unbelievable interview I had every experienced. One of the interviewers kept watching the clock and asking questions continously about irate customer. There was all negative questions pertaining to customer service nothing positive. One of the other lead worker was asking me questions about the company I was currently working for, nothing that pertained to the position. Third lead worker in customer service question me on the same as the first. They all came into the interview with a script. They focused on all the problems that were faced with each other rather than the customers. If you made it through that process, then you had to interview with 2 more hiring managers. That was a nightmare. It was really unbelievable. I felt like the people I was interviewed by judged me before they even interviewed. The team felt like my answers were weak.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer.
      How would you handle an irate customer.
      How did you handle conflict within the department.
      How did you solve an problem with co-worker.   1 Answer

Production Line Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grayson, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Smithfield Foods (Grayson, KY).

Interview

They ask all the basic stuff any company does. Then have you sign releases for a background check and a drug test. If you pass those they have you come back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• If I thought I would be a good addition to the company.   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Smithfield Foods (Clinton, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

i like to work hard how much will i be making do yall have 41k i can work anytime i have good patints i love people do i need a high school deploma for this job i can work in the nc i have a tps card

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smithfield Foods in February 2017.

Interview

Just had one phone interview and never heard anything else even after follow up. After applying online a recruiter contacted me and set up a phone interview.