Smiths Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Smiths Group

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuart, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Smiths Group (Stuart, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Internal recruiter contacted, phone screen with hr, panel interview in person with hiring mgr, BD, HR took two hours, drove back to central Florida area. Contacted two weeks afterwards passed on my candidacy.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

After applying to Smiths Power, a Smiths Groups company, I was contacted by the hiring manager to schedule an interview. Initially, the interview was scheduled for Skype, but he switched to phone. The second question he asked was when I got my degrees. Clearly, one of his priorities was determining my age. I sent him an e-mail after indicating I would have no further interest.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Smiths Group (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Brief one on one chat about my experience, followed by consultancy/brainteaser style questions.

Interviewer was relatively hostile throughout, and also kept pausing during the interview to read/send text messages and answer personal calls (which she conducted in the interview room, in front of me). I guess this could have been the interview style/a tactic to throw me, but either way it just came across as really unprofessional and left me with a negative view of the department (which the interviewer headed), and of the company more generally.

Global Supply Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Astana (Kazakhstan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Smiths Group (Astana (Kazakhstan)) in April 2012.

Interview

Process: Time from first application till first interview took 4 months. Then another 3 months till the 3rd and then 2 weeks till the 4th interview.
    Basically all of the hiring personnel were very pleasant, approached professionaly, mostly have been asking about my experience. Then they've done a background check and called to the persons who has provided recommendations.

Interview Questions

• How do I see myself and my progress within the company   1 Answer
    • What do I think about Code of Ethics?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing special. I received a formal job offer with the previously agreed salary. I signed it and sent back. Then a formal employment contract has been signed.