Smiths Medical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Smiths Medical Interview Questions

2.8

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smiths Medical (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Originally had some phone screens with recruiting group, then a phone screen with the hiring manager (HR VP). Later had on-site interviews with hiring manager and 2 other HR VPs. Never heard from them again; about a month later saw same job posted with a search firm. Many companies don't follow up with all candidates, but after spending an afternoon on-site for in person interviews with three senior level HUMAN RESOURCES people, I am shocked that I didn't get so much as a "thanks but no thanks" email after the interview . . . no wonder the place gets poor ratings!

Smiths Medical Response

Mar 2, 2017 – HR

We're sorry to hear about your poor experience and appreciate your candid feedback. We're looking into the situation and are already working to improve upon our interview process.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smiths Medical in January 2017.

Interview

It was roughly thirty minutes - just a one on one pleasant chat between me and a HR rep. She asked follow up questions based on my resume and previous experienced - wanted to know where my passion for the field came from and what roles I played in organizations I was a part of.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Smiths Medical (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone screens then 4 in person interviews. Phone screen was 30 minutes. In person was an hour for each of the four people. Typical back to back interviews with the hiring manager and her team.

Interview Questions

• Wanted detailed information about my work experience   1 Answer

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Smiths Medical (Plymouth, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR, 2 phone interviews with members of the team, followed by on-site interview at the Plymouth HQ with 2 managers and a senior director. Nice facility, nicer people, and interview ran smoothly

Interview Questions

• Take a bottle of Coca-Cola - describe to me ways you can manufacture it more efficiently and cost-effective   Answer Question

Vice President Operations Fincance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Smiths Medical (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

Process started with two interviews with recruiter - one phone, one video. Concluded with on-site interview with four executives the role works with on a daily basis. The interviews were professional and informative. The company provided timely and appropriate feedback through the recruiter.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Smiths Medical (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a smooth interviewing process overall, they first called to set up a phone interview which was then followed up with a one-on-one interview. I didn't end up with an offer for the position, however they made sure I understood the reason as to why I didn't get it.

Interview Questions

• If you were forced to make a hard ethical choice, what would you do?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smiths Medical.

Interview

Pretty Quick. Initial phone screen with company recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, live interview with hiring manager, interview over the phone with his manager. Offer came through from hiring manager and worked out details with the recruiter at the company

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame an objection and what was the result?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Smiths Medical in January 2016.

Interview

I applied over the weekend and by Monday I got an email from a recruiter about a phone interview. The phone interview was on Friday of that week. It lasted about 20 minutes and consisted of mainly the company, position and my experiences based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What was my main focus within my field of study in college?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smiths Medical (Plymouth, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

I initially applied online and was promptly contacted by a recruiter. I then met with 2 VPs, 2 Executive assistants and a HR rep for interviews. I received feedback from my recruiter shortly after the interviews and began the process of negotiations before accepting a position.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about a time you've dealt with difficult people   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Smiths Medical (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

It was very casual and was on the phone with two people. They asked me about my past internship experience as well as relevant course work from school. I was told that this was the first time that they were having a co-op program, so perhaps that was why it was so casual.

Interview Questions

• What did you dislike most about your previous position?   1 Answer