Smiths Medical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Smiths Medical

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreview, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Smiths Medical (Shoreview, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was fairly protracted in length - over 3.5 hours and all of it in one room after a very brief walk-around. Most of the questioning was quite friendly and positive, that is until near the end. One older man whose name eludes me (and I wouldn't state it even if I did recall), who came in at the very end, decided to insist that I answer how I would architect data structures and implement the C code needed to realize a notepad-type editor. He literally said he wanted me to write code verbally, on the spot, with no time to really think anything through and while he was shooting holes in what I did have to say as I went. I found that tactic infuriating and inappropriate (and that's what I told the recruiter afterwards) - no SE develops code with 5 min. of explanation of the project and is prepared to present his/her ideas literally minutes after the project's is described. He may have been trying to assess how I handled pressure, but this was ridiculous and turned me off to the whole opportunity. The person came across as arrogant and confrontational at times.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about C language experience, some C++ questions and some questions about software development processes.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southington, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Smiths Medical (Southington, CT) in July 2018.

Interview

Typical interviews. Nothing surprising. Skills, future plans, references. Job history. Shift flexibility. Just took to long and pat was low.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Smiths Medical (Columbus, OH) in March 2010.

Interview

The application and interview process at Smiths Medical is long. From initial HR Phone screening to offer letter can take up to 3 months. After initial HR Phone screening, there was a phone interview with the hiring manager and a senior co-worker. Following this phone interview was then an in person interview with the hiring manager and various co-workers. After this is an interview with the hiring managers director, this is the person who actually makes the personel decisions.

Interview Questions

• Multiple scenarios regarding project work, team interactions, etc. Went through about 12 situations on cue cards and asked for detailed answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ranges are mandated by HQ but are broad and initial offer will be at the low end of the range for the position. Negotiation happens with HR staff.

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Smiths Medical (Dublin, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

They use a typical Q&A. They do not expect the STAR format. You will interview with the position's immediate supervisor and department manager. You might have to interview with an additional supervisor if you are considering applying for more than one shift. Some of the interviewers do not have a lot of knowledge of the position so just having a good attitude goes a long ways.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience using both metric and English measurements?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Smiths Medical in June 2015.

Interview

I found the job opportunity through a recruiting firm, spoke to the assigned recruiter, and a few days after I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager told me that after the phone interview, shortlisted candidates would be invited to the office to talk with other team members. The process seemed pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What is the one single event that had the most impact on your life?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smiths Medical.

Interview

Pretty Quick. Initial phone screen with company recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, live interview with hiring manager, interview over the phone with his manager. Offer came through from hiring manager and worked out details with the recruiter at the company

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame an objection and what was the result?   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Smiths Medical.

Interview

Applied through internal process. Was notified my app was received, and a third party would contact me for preliminary phone interview. This never happened, so I asked the dept manager about the job and said I was interested. The job got filled in the meantime but was still listed as open and the manager let me know about a month later since no one had followed up with me and it still showed open on the website.

Senior Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Smiths Medical (Saint Paul, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

All day long 45 minute with one on one or two on one interviewing with 8 very rude and arrogant people. As each new interviewer or group of new interviewer came into the conference room, I would be asked to describe my background. I must have had to repeat myself at least five times.

Interview Questions

• Explain the significance of "dead beef"   1 Answer

Global Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Smiths Medical (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Smiths Medical follows a standard interview process. The process is : candidates submit applications, the recruiter will conduct a phone interview, hiring manager will do the in person interview, Smiths will provide an offer and then do the background check.

Global Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smiths Medical (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Process was slow. Seemed to be mostly handled by a third party organization that appeared confused at times. Hiring manager was new to the position and seemed to be rebuilding the department. There were gaps during the process that interrupted the flow.