Snyder's-Lance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Snyder's-Lance Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2018

2.2

Plant Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Snyder's-Lance.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews before a face to face interview. Like others who interviewed, there was no response on thank you emails nor any response after the face to face interview that I thought went extremely well. I did get the feeling that an internal candidate may have had the inside tract and my interview was more of a "checking of the box" of interviewing other candidates. Hardly any questions were asked of me, most of the interview time was them telling me about the company. Complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• They asked fewest questions of any interview I've ever had.   Answer Question

Quality Control Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Snyder's-Lance (Charlotte, NC) in March 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed by/with the someone in the same position that I was applying for, along with two tier jobs above that, still in Quality Management. We were in a meeting room inside the plant, where it was more quiet.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever work with many other people in your quality assurance position?   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Snyder's-Lance (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Sat down with the area manager and team leader over the department and spoke with them concerning the responsibilities. Very informal, but I was an internal candidate at the time.

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snyder's-Lance (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

long interview process. 2 months+. First was the initial phone interview by recruiter, then in person interview, then another in person interview, then a final phone interview. it took two weeks between each interview and i wasn't given a call about final decision until i emailed the recruiter to realize they pass me up for another candidate.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Snyder's-Lance (Charlotte, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online from Indeed, I got an email for a phone interview with the team. The interview went extremely well. I had the face to face the next week. I came in well dressed and prepared for all questions ask of me. They slipped up at the end when I asked if I was a good candidate for the role. They told me it was between me and one of the guys who on the team best friend,... Wow wow thanks for wasting my time. They didn't even give a rejection letter I had to reach out to them. They told me sorry you didn't get the job a more qualified person was hire via email. Later on I checked LinkedIn to see who was hire, a less qualified person. I'm not mad just don't waste people time. I'm glad I didn't get hire, I would have never landed this Manager role.

Interview Questions

• Panel type questions, couldn't even take these guys questions serious.   1 Answer

Temporary Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Snyder's-Lance (Hanover, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

Easy interview. One interviewer with the supervisor. Asked basic interview questions (i.e. strengths and weaknesses, what would make you a good fit for this role). Don't need much experience to work a basic job. Promot from within Interviewed at Hanover offices.

Associate Corporate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snyder's-Lance (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Half day Interview, 9AM to 1:30pm. Interviewed with 5 different people. Ask the general interview questions. Tell me about a time, I even had examples... Was told they would be in touch with me the following week (4 business days). I emailed everyone a thank you email for taking the time to interview me. I did not receive a response from anyone even acknowledging the fact the received the email.

The hiring manager did not respond to my inquiry about the position after waiting a week after the time I should have heard back from the recruiter. I called the recruiter a few times (left a voicemail) after the deadline she had given me and no response. I finally emailed her a week and a half later and she responded with a short email of they went with another candidate. This is very unprofessional way to handle an interview especially when it take a half day to interview, at least reach back out to notify candidates of the position status.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Snyder's-Lance (Olathe, KS).

Interview

I met with the zone manager and senior district manager at the time at the warehouse location. I was only to be hired on as a temporary part time worker because the other worker was injured at the time. I should specify that it was just Snyders of Hanover at the time. Huge difference.

Interview Questions

• They asked the basic interview questions such as was I able to perform the physical aspects of the job, work in heat and cold, etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher salary because I had another company interested in me at the time. I was able to play both companies again to each other to achieve my desired salary.

Sanitation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Snyder's-Lance (Columbus, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Just understanding MSDS, chemicals and the importance of being on time. Having knowledge of the company. Explaining the schedule and the inflexibility. Normally working all weekends. There will be a drug and background check. How to gett along with co- workers. The importance of a clean area and equipment. Watching your bisy movement and eyes. Understanding the importance of teamwork. If you see a fellow co- worker struggling and you're prepared to leave offer your services instead of walking all over them.

Interview Questions

• Do I mind working every weekend.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Snyder's-Lance (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I received a request to schedule a screening interview from the recruiter and responded within the day via voicemail and email. My interview was scheduled and I sat on the phone call for 15 min before hanging up and calling the recruiter directly. The recruiter, who was clearly caught off guard, informed me that she forgot about my interview because she had our meeting on her personal calendar. She then informed me that she probably didn't need to interview me since the company had enough candidates. Her last comment was that she "probably could have informed me earlier." I was both shocked and disheartened by the lack of respect for my time in preparing for an interview that she knew in advance wasn't going to take place. I escalated within the management chain to communicate my concern for their representatives actions, as well as to highlight a developmental opportunity. I don't know if anything was done, but I don't know that I would continue to seek employment with this company.