Snyder's-Lance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Snyder's-Lance Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

2.2

Desktop Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Snyder's-Lance in April 2017.

Interview

Went thru two phone interviews then face to face interview with the team. Very much a waste of time for people actually looking for jobs, and they already know from the start who they would hire but cause of a pre existing relationship

Associate Corporate Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snyder's-Lance (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Half day Interview, 9AM to 1:30pm. Interviewed with 5 different people. Ask the general interview questions. Tell me about a time, I even had examples... Was told they would be in touch with me the following week (4 business days). I emailed everyone a thank you email for taking the time to interview me. I did not receive a response from anyone even acknowledging the fact the received the email.

The hiring manager did not respond to my inquiry about the position after waiting a week after the time I should have heard back from the recruiter. I called the recruiter a few times (left a voicemail) after the deadline she had given me and no response. I finally emailed her a week and a half later and she responded with a short email of they went with another candidate. This is very unprofessional way to handle an interview especially when it take a half day to interview, at least reach back out to notify candidates of the position status.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Snyder's-Lance (Olathe, KS).

Interview

I met with the zone manager and senior district manager at the time at the warehouse location. I was only to be hired on as a temporary part time worker because the other worker was injured at the time. I should specify that it was just Snyders of Hanover at the time. Huge difference.

Interview Questions

• They asked the basic interview questions such as was I able to perform the physical aspects of the job, work in heat and cold, etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a higher salary because I had another company interested in me at the time. I was able to play both companies again to each other to achieve my desired salary.

Sanitation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Snyder's-Lance (Columbus, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Just understanding MSDS, chemicals and the importance of being on time. Having knowledge of the company. Explaining the schedule and the inflexibility. Normally working all weekends. There will be a drug and background check. How to gett along with co- workers. The importance of a clean area and equipment. Watching your bisy movement and eyes. Understanding the importance of teamwork. If you see a fellow co- worker struggling and you're prepared to leave offer your services instead of walking all over them.

Interview Questions

• Do I mind working every weekend.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Snyder's-Lance (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I received a request to schedule a screening interview from the recruiter and responded within the day via voicemail and email. My interview was scheduled and I sat on the phone call for 15 min before hanging up and calling the recruiter directly. The recruiter, who was clearly caught off guard, informed me that she forgot about my interview because she had our meeting on her personal calendar. She then informed me that she probably didn't need to interview me since the company had enough candidates. Her last comment was that she "probably could have informed me earlier." I was both shocked and disheartened by the lack of respect for my time in preparing for an interview that she knew in advance wasn't going to take place. I escalated within the management chain to communicate my concern for their representatives actions, as well as to highlight a developmental opportunity. I don't know if anything was done, but I don't know that I would continue to seek employment with this company.

Production Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Snyder's-Lance (Charlotte, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

The actual interview went great! The machine skills Tester was very nice and polite. Both the machine and written test were easy. The Hiring Manager was such a great guy! Talking with him made me excited about this new opportunity! It's the HR recruiters that were so unprofessional. They turned the whole process from a positive to a negative. They were slow about returning calls. I'd wait a few days and call them and their excuse was Oh I haven't forgot but I've been busy! They offered me 2 positions, but I turned them down. They were not what the Hiring Manager and I discussed...and they were less pay.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Snyder's-Lance (Hanover, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Seemed like an overwhelming experience, got a call for a phone interview that was supposed to have many parties but ended up just one person. Then got a call back to make an appearance to a panel of 12 current employees for a personal interview. Very intimidating. But overall the presence of the company and its workers was very settling.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Snyder's-Lance (Charlotte, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online and was given a call back after a short phone interview they set up a formal interview. I met with an individual who made the whole process very relaxed and very formal. I was then taken to another department head for a few follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked the basic information about job experiances and how you handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Snyder's-Lance (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Met with branch manager
    Had to show profincancy in math. Branch manager knew my rep in route sales and wanted me to join the team so the interview process was not too difficult to get through. Might have been a little harder if I wasn't coming in with 15 yrs experience at the time

Interview Questions

• What do you like about route sales?   1 Answer

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Snyder's-Lance (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Application online, phone interview with HR, then awaited a call from the hiring manager for a face-to face. After face-to-face, there would be a skills test and drug screen. References checked afterward/

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come back to work for Lance?
      Expected pay? Can you work any shift?   1 Answer