SoftServe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SoftServe

2.9

Event Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SoftServe (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process began normally - I had several phone screens and finally went into the office for an in-person interview to meet with the team. I received the job offer via email and professionally negotiated for a higher salary - I asked them to come up $2,000 to be competitive with another offer I had. A few hours later they got back to me and came up $500 which is incredibly insulting considering 2k is not a lot to ask for and I had another offer they were not being competitive with. (Plus a part of the salary is a bonus based on performance). I nicely asked them to come up the rest of the 1.5k to meet the other offer (which they told me many times throughout the interview process they were very concerned with being competitive) and they RETRACTED THEIR OFFER (via email). Who does that?? It was very sketchy and incredibly unprofessional. I would think long and hard before you accept an offer here - this company seems very disorganized and un-trustworthy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SoftServe? Have you worked on an international team before?   Answer Question

QA Analyst Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SoftServe (Portland, OR) in May 2018.

Interview

The job seemed promising. They were taking a few newly graduated college students to train them without prior knowledge of Quality Assurance. The first interview went smoothly. I was told I would speak to a manager over one of the American sites that I would be working at for the second interview. This interview was conducted a week later, and it went over well. The manager said there might be more interviews, but he didn't know exactly. He mentioned I was a top candidate already for the job. This is where the next month and a half of dragging began. I had a couple of interviews with HR, and with some Ukrainian recruiters over the next month. Everyone I talked with was very unorganized, didn't exactly know what I would be doing, would start interviews not knowing what I was applying for, and some interviews would just be complete repeats of the previous ones. They would frequently cancel interviews hours before, and reschedule them for "maybe sometime in the next week or so."

Each interview I was told how I was a "top candidate," until the final interview. This final interview was conducted over a Skype call with a group of Ukrainian management women who were completely unengaging, whose english skills were all over the place, and would ask incoherent questions while expecting some sort of straight answer. It was a complete guessing game. Their language skills were choppy and robotic, but were completely rude when I couldn't understand what exactly they were getting at. The words made sense--just not together. But they strangely possessed a false confidence--as if they themselves knew they were just as good as native speakers. Everything they said was with a hint of nasty sarcasm, and they kept flip-flopping between tech questions only an engineer would already know, or picking apart parts of my personality that they felt were like flaws. When in reality, they seemed to have no skills in communicating well with Americans, or understanding the nuances in our speech and culture.

"You stopped smiling when you started talking about computers--therefore you don't like them, and you probably are not a good fit for this job."

No. I was actually very comfortable talking about the subject, so I relaxed more. If I didn't think I would be a fit, then I probably wouldn't still be interviewing with your company after a month and a half of you dragging me along, telling me that I'm great, and low-balling me in the end.

All-in-all, this company is completely unprofessional, disorganized, and does not know how to treat it's applicants. If you will be applying for a position where you will be expected to engage with the Ukrainian side of the company, your Russian will not save you as even if you speak in this language as they will only speak back to you in robotic broken english. Get ready to wake up for countless early morning interviews only to find an email indicating they were cancelled hours before--without including a date for the next interview. Be prepared to play the waiting game as the American side of the company praises you, while the Ukrainian side treats you like garbage--all while trying to front professionalism.

My advice is this. Run away and apply elsewhere.

QA Analyst Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Interview

My advice is this. Run away and apply elsewhere.

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at SoftServe in December 2013.

Interview

I`ve found the vacancy of Communication Specialist / PR Specialist / Journalist on the SoftServe official website and sent my CV to take a part in the job contest. The recruiter Olga Gilevych contacted me in three or four days an invited for an interview. Everything was good, we had a constructive and pleasant conversation.

Interview Questions

• There weren`t any difficult and unexpected questions fo me.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kyiv (Ukraine)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SoftServe (Kyiv (Ukraine)) in May 2013.

Interview

Two interviews. First interview with HR manager and second technicality with Test lead. One hour on each. It was logical tasks and some questions regarding previous experience. Depends on interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Many questions related the Net (f.e. knowledge must have: protocols, ipv4/ipv6) and related SDLC   1 Answer

Negotiation

Let me explain, it was really good team member's and strong and kind managers but product was so old. It is surprising me.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SoftServe (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in March 2016.

Interview

One hour Skype call with a technical lead, we talked about my experience and he asked questions in different areas like multi-threading, MySQL, Hibernate, OOD, Design Patterns ect. The interviewer had excellent communications skills he was very polite and the interview went very well. The recruiter was also very polite and practical and arrange for interview in time suitable for me.

Interview Questions

• What are levels of catch in Hibernate   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kyiv (Ukraine)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SoftServe (Kyiv (Ukraine)) in December 2015.

Interview

It was easy to go, my future teammates just asked Python questions
    Also there were questions about framework and modules that I used before
    We have a small talk in English to check my level

Interview Questions

• What Python libraries do you use?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SoftServe in August 2015.

Interview

One HR interview, One delivery manager interview, One technical very easy and One technical with customer. Also they checked English level. All process took about 2-3 weeks. That is it

Interview Questions

• Mostly about you previous technical background and projects.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in L'viv (Ukraine)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SoftServe (L'viv (Ukraine)) in February 2011.

Interview

A couple of phone interviews, one technical, one with HR, one final with HR and manager. And a long period of waiting for results.

Sometimes, after technical interview was appointed, it couldn't take place without any notification. Be prepared for hard way and waiting. Interviews itself are not hard and something special

Interview Questions

• It wasn't such questions. All questions are standard from programming books. Open a book about programming language, OOP/OOD, Databases + MS SQL + Databases normalization, learn it by rote and you got it, but be prepared that interviewers will find some rare question that you haven't seen. There were dummy questions without creativity. There were questions are technically not related to position, on which I'm hiring.   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lviv (Ukraine)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SoftServe (Lviv (Ukraine)) in August 2015.

Interview

Friendly. No stupid questions. Been able to pass technical interview using voice call in Skype. My salary expectations were satisfied. Onboarding took less than one day. The position required to get to work as soon as possible.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if some team member will refuse to work with some specific technology in order to complete the task?   Answer Question