SolarCity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SolarCity Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity.

Interview

Initial screening phone call was quick and easy, which led to a video call first official interview. He asked several good questions about my experience and asked for details and examples. He didn't leave much time for questions so try to get them in if you can. There's a second interview scheduled in person a week after the first interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in monitoring. Was it post PTO?
      Do you have experience diagnosing three-phase systems?
      What's the size of your fleet? How many systems are you monitoring?   Answer Question

Field Energy Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity (Orlando, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral and had a phone interview the next day with a regional recruiter. Nothing intimidating, he just explained the expectations of the role, compensation and an overview of my resume. I went through to the next round and had a video interview with the head recruiter for the region I would be working in. Very relaxed interview, same as the first, except its best to show your personality and passion for the position during this time. 4 days later, I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous experience in guest/customer service and in sales? Please explain.   Answer Question

Site Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SolarCity (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Very nice and brief seeemed to know what they want. 2 people interviewed me and thenplace seemed very relaxed. Everyone was my age and look so should be good

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity (Buffalo, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

HR manager contacted me after applying online. Setup interview with couple schedule changes. In person interview was very brief with cookie cutter questions. Panel was new to the process but interview was casual and stress free. Left with a sense that maybe someone might contact me.

Field Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SolarCity.

Interview

If you could be any animal what would it be? How do you handle change? Tell me about the last product you sold? Basic question to get to know you. Many of the question are tailored just to get a better understand of how you think.

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SolarCity (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter. Came in to interview twice. With different folks. Met with CFO, Technical Director, Controller, outgoing Accounting Manager. Very relaxed interview as well as informative. Interview had to rescheduled twice due to schedule conflicts.

Interview Questions

• A question asked was 'Where do you see yourself in 5 years?'   Answer Question

Installer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SolarCity.

Interview

Process was quick and they specifically tell you what there looking for. The interviewer ask you some questions specifically about what do you know, and what can you tell them about yourself. They will later call you to know if your hired or not.

Field Energy Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

One phone call interview with the recruiter. If you qualify for the next round, which everyone does then an in-person interview with the channel account manager. SolarCity hires pretty much everyone for this position.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SolarCity (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I got an email from the recruiter to do a phone interview. Pretty normal interview, went over what the job was exactly, etc. She was super nice. At the end of the call she then asked me to come in to the office to interview. I got emails through the whole process which I thought was nice- seems like they're on top of it. For the in face interview the email said I was going to interview with one particular person, but turned out it was two different people. They asked me skill and personality questions to see if I would be a good fit. I asked them questions, said my thanks and asked when I should hear by.

Roofer III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SolarCity in June 2017.

Interview

the recruter call you a make some questions very simple and send you to a personal interview depend of the location that you apply. Then you need to wait almost 2 week to call you back and continue with the process and tell you about the background check, drug, all the documents you must submit online

Interview Questions

• tell me about you ? why do you want to work in here ? how much money do you want to get?   Answer Question