SolarCity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.6

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SolarCity (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter. Came in to interview twice. With different folks. Met with CFO, Technical Director, Controller, outgoing Accounting Manager. Very relaxed interview as well as informative. Interview had to rescheduled twice due to schedule conflicts.

Interview Questions

• A question asked was 'Where do you see yourself in 5 years?'   Answer Question

Installer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SolarCity.

Interview

Process was quick and they specifically tell you what there looking for. The interviewer ask you some questions specifically about what do you know, and what can you tell them about yourself. They will later call you to know if your hired or not.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SolarCity (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I got an email from the recruiter to do a phone interview. Pretty normal interview, went over what the job was exactly, etc. She was super nice. At the end of the call she then asked me to come in to the office to interview. I got emails through the whole process which I thought was nice- seems like they're on top of it. For the in face interview the email said I was going to interview with one particular person, but turned out it was two different people. They asked me skill and personality questions to see if I would be a good fit. I asked them questions, said my thanks and asked when I should hear by.

Roofer III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SolarCity in June 2017.

Interview

the recruter call you a make some questions very simple and send you to a personal interview depend of the location that you apply. Then you need to wait almost 2 week to call you back and continue with the process and tell you about the background check, drug, all the documents you must submit online

Interview Questions

• tell me about you ? why do you want to work in here ? how much money do you want to get?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SolarCity (San Luis Obispo, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward. I was sat down in a room and interviewed by 2, management-level gentlemen. It lasted about 30 minutes. They took some time to make me feel comfortable and warmed up with some questions about myself prior to digging deeper into my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you overcame a challenge?   1 Answer

Field Energy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SolarCity (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

Applied online. HR reached out to me and informed me that I have a scheduled 1 on 1 with a manager. The managers look for certain core competences.

FYI - SC will hire anyone!

PV Designer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity.

Interview

There was a test. But it was mainly to test the candidate's thinking process. Then there was the typical interview question session. It was pretty simple. Just review interview questions and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Facilities Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SolarCity.

Interview

Quick and to the point, manager at the time was honest about facility. It was very simple but did not have their stuff together at the time. If i had to do it all over again i would not but for those starting out its a good opportunity.

Reassignment Coordinator Interview

Interview

It was a simple interview with 2 heads of two departments. I interviewed initially with a hiring manager over the phone and was suggested for two positions. Both of them had questions related to the position and no surprising questions

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have with customer service.   Answer Question

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SolarCity (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter who handled everything very quickly. Received confirmation of face to face interview within 12 hours. Met with two interviewers at a wonderful mall location. Interview went great and I felt I would be a fantastic fit there. Brought everything to the table they could possibly need and more. Received notice a few hours later advising I would not get the opportunity. Very disappointed.