Solers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.3

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Solers (Blacksburg, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. I applied through recruiting at my university career fair. They called me in for an interview for a week later.

The interview was very short and concise. They asked me a lot about my skills and what to expect when working with their company. They were pushing on co-ops more, which made me think that they didn't have enough people to fit that position. The questions were not very technical, but more relating to current projects.

I did not hear back for 2-3 weeks. Eventually, I got an email that I was not selected for the position.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Solers in August 2016.

Interview

Very comfortable, laid back. Preliminary interview was more about background & assessing best fit. Recruiter and HR interviewer super nice and cool. Great experience. Got the impression that they will work with you find where you fit in the company. Growth is also possible and the atmosphere seems to be a good one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Solers (Chantilly, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Brief and to the point. Asked about linux commands and about background. Was very easy to talk to the multiple people that interviewed me. It was a relaxing environment that made it easy to express yourself. Took about 2 hours for the entire interview process but it was all worth it. Got to know a god company and understand how industry works. Be prepared to ask questions. Come with a set of question. Know your basic programming and system commands.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radford, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solers (Radford, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Split interview with a technical side and a soft skills side. The technical side was not as in depth as I thought it would have been. And the soft skills side was a breeze - very nice guys that were doing the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Asked in depth more about java development I have gone through.   Answer Question

Information Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Solers (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

I first met with the recruiter, then with two engineers and finally with the head of the security department. Each part was done in a one-on-one setting and was very relaxed.
    Each went over my resume and then talked about what they needed for the position.
    There was really not much of a technical interview but they did ask a lot about my certifications.

Interview Questions

• They asked a few basic Linux questions based on my Sys Admin background.   Answer Question

Solers made me a good offer and the company pays for all benefits. In the end, I turned down the offer strictly based on schedule. If there was just a bit more flexibility I would have gladly made the move.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Solers (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had to speak with 5 people. It was individual one on one and very pleasant. The process was times but it went so smooth you could not tell. Everything was explained in detail, left no room for error. You knew exactly what was expected of you.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Solers (Blacksburg, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was signed up for two interviews, one that occurred at the university by a recruiter, and the other at their local office. The first interview was very rushed but not difficult. The second interview was slightly more technical but they didn't ask beyond the scope of what you were expected to know based on your resume. I had also gotten to meet the team on the second interview, which was nice as well.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Solers (Blacksburg, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was fairly simple, nothing too fancy. I did not really prepare for it going in.Overall, it was a good experience for me. There were no technical questions when I interviewed. I thought the overall experience of this interview was solid.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous experience and course work   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Solers (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

Two phases - one with local office director of operations and one with company recruiter. Focused more on personal experiences, my interests in software development, strengths and skills, rather than technical questions. Seemed to be geared to gauge my fit in the company. Interviewers were very friendly, and seemed interested in what I had to say. They did a great job of explaining what working at the company was like so that I could decide whether it'd be a good fit for myself.

Interview Questions

• What's a time you were challenged in group work, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

very casual and laid back. The hiring and interview process in total took about one week. They were very prompt in extending me an offer after the interview. HR department was extremely professional and well organized.

Interview Questions

• Getting clear understanding of what specifically I would be working on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

very casual