Soliant Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Soliant Consulting

3.2

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Soliant Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Fairly standard.
    Lots of vocab, remembering big ideas in CS, else good.

I was sat down with a manager first with some standard questions like: Where do you see yourself in X years, what is your greatest weakness, tell me something about yourself that's not on your resume...

Second was a panel of two programmers questioning me about the specifics of PHP, SQL, CSS, HTML, and JavaScript. Very standard kind of questions.

Interview Questions

• Difference between == and === ?   1 Answer

Lead Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Soliant Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Was the basic phone screening, followed by an onsite visit where I spent about half of the day interviewing with several people within the company. Met with individual department heads, as well as peer interviewers.

Interview Questions

• I was mostly asked about process and procedural questions. A lot of basic APEX and VF questions.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

It is a great interview process where we came for half of a day. We spoke to multiple individuals.

Interview Questions

• Being asked to solved problems without a pen, paper or computer in an empty office threw me off some. Also being asked to put together a solution to a problem in PHP when I stated that I hadn't learned PHP was a problem.   Answer Question

Business Development Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Soliant Consulting in April 2013.

Interview

The hiring process involved sending information to the recruiting director who reviews your resume and then decides to move forward with phone interview. Upon my phone interview which was scheduled at a specific time and to be for 30 minutes, but the Director was unavailable at the scheduled time. Upon the director calling 10 minutes later we had our 20 minute conversation with very little accomplished nor did I get a chance to ask my questions. I was advised I would be contacted back in a week, which I assumed would be to have a personal meeting/interview to make a better determination of narrowing down the candidates. They did get back but didn't take the next step in the process.
    I found the whole process to be unorganized, lacking a structure and sense of professionalism. It took almost 2 weeks to set up the phone interview. They acted with a whimsical approach to the process and I felt that the executive management didn't quite know what to do. I found through my research that the owner was a musican by training but went into the software industry.... I find that peculiar.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't asked any difficult question.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Soliant Consulting (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2019.

Interview

Two phone interviews then was flown to East Coast office for in person interviews. Met with six people. All pleasant and relevant questions. After returning from the onsite interview, had to provide writing samples of proposals, blog and an email pitch.

Interview Questions

• What is your sales style? Describe the process or methods you have practiced in the past.   1 Answer

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Soliant Consulting (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Initially spoke with one of the owners, then spoke to a developer who reviewed my dev skills. I was impressed that they were as hands on as they were. Also friendly and didn't make it an interrogation. It seems like they really care about bringing good people into the team. I didn't get an offer, but I will definitely apply again in the future.

Interview Questions

• Technical discussion about OOP concepts. The developer there asked some good questions   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Soliant Consulting (Burlingame, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Logistics - I had two video interviews (COO, Sr Proj Mgr), followed by 3 interviews in office (COO, Managing Director, Sales) and another in-person interview offsite (Sr. Tech Lead)

Very organized, quick and efficient process. It felt like the rounds were meant to descend from the 50,000 feet level down to the detail level in every iteration. The rounds did not feel like a grilling session, rather very consultative and geared towards understanding me, my skills, personality etc and gauge fit skill-wise as well as personality-wise. People in different roles interviewed me and I was able to ask lots of detailed questions which gave me a good flavor of the company, especially its culture. The type of questions were very interesting and enabled me to showcase my skills both soft as well as hard skills.

At the negotiation phase too, very accommodating of my needs, especially work-life balance related. Were always looking to find win-wins

Interview Questions

• - Questions around my BA skills such as approach to defining business system needs, assets produced along the way, driving adoption
      - behavioral questions around my motivation to look for a change, why Soliant, whats unique about me, how do I use my MBA in my line of work etc.
      - interesting exercise geared towards seeing me in action defining a business need and then potential design approaches using Salesforce
      - understanding of the platform at a detailed level (workflow rules, different clouds etc) as well as more generally (whats good or bad or something that I've found in the platform thats particularly troublesome)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Soliant Consulting in May 2011.

Interview

Longish process, but I liked getting to know everyone. Very friendly, and I liked that they didn't stuff me into some robot system.

Interview Questions

• It was handled as a discussion. Asked about specifics and focused more on communication with clients, rather than technical assessment... but they also tested my development background.   Answer Question

Interview

The interview process was in a very comfortable setting, the office is very aesthetically pleasing- not the classic corporate drop ceiling, white walls, and halls and halls of cubicles. It's modern with colors, wood, and glass, which was very appealing to me first impression there.

The interview itself was set up in a rotation with 6 different "stations", each station having a different person(s) there with a different skill or role in the company. They look for a good fit for the team, which makes sense why they want you to talk to as many people as possible. It did make me nervous, because there were 12 other people interviewing that day, and I know they had another big group a week or two later. Overall, it was one of the most enjoyable interviews I've had.

I recommend applying here if you want a job where people care about you as an individual, you love to learn, and interested in new technologies.

Interview Questions

Interview

I met with the director manager at my school job fair, had a nice conversation about opportunities and positions at the company and handed my resume.
    I was contacted by the HR person couple of weeks later through email and phone. I was scheduled for an in-person interview.
    I had 4 different interviews: 2 technical and 2 behavioral. The interviewers were pretty nice and friendly. I enjoyed the interview process and got an offer the day after which I accepted it.