Soliant Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Soliant Consulting Interview Questions

3.2

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Soliant Consulting (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Initially spoke with one of the owners, then spoke to a developer who reviewed my dev skills. I was impressed that they were as hands on as they were. Also friendly and didn't make it an interrogation. It seems like they really care about bringing good people into the team. I didn't get an offer, but I will definitely apply again in the future.

Interview Questions

• Technical discussion about OOP concepts. The developer there asked some good questions   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Soliant Consulting (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

In the interview process I met over the phone with the COO. After the first phone interview I had 5 more phone interviews with other employees of the company. After each interview the COO touched base with me to ensure that I wanted to continue with the process, to see what my thoughts were, and if I had any concerns I wanted to discuss. The interviews were conversations about my experience and where I'm looking to go in my career. Everyone was very friendly. My last interview was an in person interview to meet the office manager, project manager, and CEO. They really cared about what my thoughts were of the company and kept the process moving pretty quickly.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Soliant Consulting (Burlingame, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Logistics - I had two video interviews (COO, Sr Proj Mgr), followed by 3 interviews in office (COO, Managing Director, Sales) and another in-person interview offsite (Sr. Tech Lead)

Very organized, quick and efficient process. It felt like the rounds were meant to descend from the 50,000 feet level down to the detail level in every iteration. The rounds did not feel like a grilling session, rather very consultative and geared towards understanding me, my skills, personality etc and gauge fit skill-wise as well as personality-wise. People in different roles interviewed me and I was able to ask lots of detailed questions which gave me a good flavor of the company, especially its culture. The type of questions were very interesting and enabled me to showcase my skills both soft as well as hard skills.

At the negotiation phase too, very accommodating of my needs, especially work-life balance related. Were always looking to find win-wins

Interview Questions

• - Questions around my BA skills such as approach to defining business system needs, assets produced along the way, driving adoption
      - behavioral questions around my motivation to look for a change, why Soliant, whats unique about me, how do I use my MBA in my line of work etc.
      - interesting exercise geared towards seeing me in action defining a business need and then potential design approaches using Salesforce
      - understanding of the platform at a detailed level (workflow rules, different clouds etc) as well as more generally (whats good or bad or something that I've found in the platform thats particularly troublesome)   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Devon, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Soliant Consulting (Devon, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Ridiculous interview process
    They will not reimburse you for travel to Devon, PA....warning. I was told they would reimburse me, but I was never reimbursed.
    Be aware of this company, it's full of it!
    Small, disorganized, and the list goes on!

Interview Questions

• They asked too many questions, many of them irrelevant to the job   Answer Question

Database Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Soliant Consulting.

Interview

I met with a representative at a job fair first and had a brief conversation with him before handing off my resume. I got a call a few days later that turned into an impromtu phone interview with a project manager. He essentially just asked a few questions about my background and my coursework. He then said that they would like to set up an in-person interview and we discussed the time via email.

I came in for the interview and was briefly interviewed by the manager, than another project manager who was more interested to inform me about the company and the work culture. Then I was interviewed by a programmer who asked me some relational database questions.

Interview Questions

• If you had two tables in a database and you wanted to connect them, what would be the best way to do this?   Answer Question

Salesforce Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Soliant Consulting (Burlingame, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial phone call with one of the owners, then virtual (video) interviews with team members. Questions were intelligent and it felt like a conversation... not an interrogation. Seems like an amazing company... I plan to apply again.

Interview Questions

• Both logistics and technical... a lot of focus on my goals, which I appreciated, and they gave me a sense of how consulting for clients is different than just working in an IT department.   Answer Question

Interview

I met with the director manager at my school job fair, had a nice conversation about opportunities and positions at the company and handed my resume.
    I was contacted by the HR person couple of weeks later through email and phone. I was scheduled for an in-person interview.
    I had 4 different interviews: 2 technical and 2 behavioral. The interviewers were pretty nice and friendly. I enjoyed the interview process and got an offer the day after which I accepted it.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process was in a very comfortable setting, the office is very aesthetically pleasing- not the classic corporate drop ceiling, white walls, and halls and halls of cubicles. It's modern with colors, wood, and glass, which was very appealing to me first impression there.

The interview itself was set up in a rotation with 6 different "stations", each station having a different person(s) there with a different skill or role in the company. They look for a good fit for the team, which makes sense why they want you to talk to as many people as possible. It did make me nervous, because there were 12 other people interviewing that day, and I know they had another big group a week or two later. Overall, it was one of the most enjoyable interviews I've had.

I recommend applying here if you want a job where people care about you as an individual, you love to learn, and interested in new technologies.

Internship Interview

Interview

It is a great interview process where we came for half of a day. We spoke to multiple individuals.

Interview Questions

• Being asked to solved problems without a pen, paper or computer in an empty office threw me off some. Also being asked to put together a solution to a problem in PHP when I stated that I hadn't learned PHP was a problem.   Answer Question

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Soliant Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Fairly standard.
    Lots of vocab, remembering big ideas in CS, else good.

I was sat down with a manager first with some standard questions like: Where do you see yourself in X years, what is your greatest weakness, tell me something about yourself that's not on your resume...

Second was a panel of two programmers questioning me about the specifics of PHP, SQL, CSS, HTML, and JavaScript. Very standard kind of questions.

Interview Questions

• Difference between == and === ?   1 Answer