Solstice Sunglasses Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Solstice Sunglasses.

Interview

I applied online, then set up in person interview with store manager. Next, I had a phone interview with the district manager. Basic retail/customer service questions, nothing too hard. If you're friendly, professional. show that you like talking to people and meeting goals you'll be good.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Solstice Sunglasses (Lake Grove, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I went to a solstice store and inquired about open positions. I was told they were hiring and to apply online using the career section of their website. I applied in mid-May and heard back at the end of the month. I was called by the manager and we scheduled an interview for a few days later. My interview was about 30 to 45 minutes. We talked about fashion and chit chatted about my upcoming vacation and other things unrelated to the job. She only asked my 3 direct questions about the job itself. The first was if I had any retail experience and if I had to explain my previous position. The second was how I would handle a customer who I thought was trying/attempting to steal. And the third was why I wanted to work at Solstice. All of the questions were easy and straight forward. Just being honest will get you the job. I was told at the end of the interview that the district manager may want a phone interview. However, if she did not, I would be hired. About 4 days later I was called by my store's manager and was told I was the job. The overall process was good but it did seem to take a bit of time.

Negotiation

On my application I stated that I would be willing to work for $8/hr. During the interview I was told that the base pay started at $10.50/hr so I was more than willing to accept that.

Anonymous Employee in Chino Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Solstice Sunglasses (Chino Hills, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

They called me in for an interview with the store manager and key holder, it lasted about 30 minutes. The interview was very laid back and I wasn't nervous after a while. They said they would give me a call back in a week if I got the position. I thought I did not get the job because it took the manager 9 days to call back (I'm a impatient person). I started two weeks after he called me back. The location I work at is a lower volume store so it can be slow most days. If you don't like slow paced work(like me)it would be a good idea to apply at a higher volume location (i.e.Irvine Spectrum or Beverly Center).

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solstice Sunglasses (Ontario, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Very easy, ask a lot of situational questions. The co manager took me to the food court and started off by asking me basic questions like, what do I like to do for fun, what made me apply for this job and what do I hope to gain from this job if I'm hired. It was very laid back and made me feel very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Solstice Sunglasses.

Interview

Easy and not intimidating.

Anonymous Employee in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solstice Sunglasses (Freehold, NJ) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a one on one interview, very direct and clear. Exposure to high fashion environment, although you don't make commission on any sale. Asked random questions to figure out personality to see if it was suiting to the environment.

Interview Questions

• How would you hide a giraffe in your room? (Personality question)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Solstice Sunglasses (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Applied for position online and was contacted by store manager two days later. Store manager notified me that I would need to interview with another store manager by phone first and then an in-person interview. The interviews were quite easy and included standard situational answers. If you've worked in a luxury retail setting, the questions won't be difficult.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was very limited. The company has a range and the store manager picks based off your location and experience.

Anonymous Employee in Tinton Falls, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Solstice Sunglasses (Tinton Falls, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy.

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solstice Sunglasses in July 2012.

Interview

The hiring process is very long when trying to get a key holder position, because of the background check. Takes about two weeks. Other wise they ask rather basic questions that you hear at most interviews. You just have to be a confident, out going, go getter kind of person during the interview.

Negotiation

Very simple

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Solstice Sunglasses (Denver, CO) in August 2009.

Interview

I was a Walk In and filled out an application. I was asked by the Store Manager on the same day to come back for an interview. For those that work in Retail, it was your typical interview and was laid back.

Interview Questions

• What Would You Do If You Suspect A Customer May Be Stealing?   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solstice Sunglasses.

Interview

one interview with the manager and one with the district manager. Just asked basic questions about my past employment history and what I knew about the company. Take time to review the company and brush up on basic interview questions