Sonata Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sonata Software Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sonata Software.

Interview

Professional trying to get an opportunity in united states, I would definitely tell you not to entertain Sonata Software guys. Recruiter from this company approached me about on position and arranged an interview on Skype with two so called technical guys, they both were conducting interview from India. It was a video call only from my side as they asked me to share my video but did not share their, that was little weird for me. A lot of noise during the interview from their side.From the start It felt like they never really wanted to interview anyone. Interview went on for only 10 to 15 mins. One person from two of them only asked questions and was not really ready hear complete answer from my side.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sonata Software (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

First sonata interview,then with client. Sonata interview was mostly dealing with syntax, configurations in spring/struts. Asked about interceptors implementation. Client interview was mostly about behavioral. Some technical questions at client interview.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sonata Software.

Interview

Campus Interviews generally a 3 step process

Written- Very simple maths questions. 12-15 mins are given to attempt a 60 questions written exam

GD- Situational GD, Ship wreck situation. You can take only 15 things. What all things will you take along with yourself for survival, till somebody finds you.

Interview- General interview questions. Most qustions on Summer internship projects

Interview Questions

• All questions were questions from Summer Project. Nothing very difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, we were freshers out of college. Post MBA salaries offered were 3.65lacs/pa in 2008

LEAD Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Sonata Software (Redmond, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

Started with an online assessment. Then I had an onsite interview asked basic questions such as polymorphism, oo design, and sentence reversal coding question. After a couple weeks I had a Skype interview with the people in India, very basic behavioral questions that talked about projects that I had done in the past. Then waiting an additional couple weeks, there was a follow up onsite interview with an interviewer. The follow up onsite interview took around 6 hrs, of which 5-5.5 hours was waiting for the interviewer to get done with meetings and interview other candidates. About a week after I was told my profile has been put on hold, and two months later I was told because of a "combination of aspects" I wasn't given a position, even though I met or exceeded their interview expectations. This is very biased and dishonest hiring process, I'm very disappointed with the hiring process, the long waits between interviews and the very long time to make a decision makes me question on what basis does this company hire people.

Interview Questions

• How would you find the distance from this office to the traffic light?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sonata Software.

Interview

A case interview which require you to make a presentation, and you can choose one of several scenarios, this is the first step of the interview. And it is general (no much information and data in the case), therefore it is a more qualitative than quantitative study. But the guy who interviewed me then went deeper and deeper for questions, until I have no idea of what should be the answer. People there were friendly.

Interview Questions

• Some detailed questions about supply chain, like different phases in the supply chain, for example the relationship between supplier and the company, and what a specific supplying process look like.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Interview

Had a written test, technical round and HR round.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

The procedure was
    1) Written exam
    2)Technical round
    3)HR round
    Written had basic aptitude, Core Cs questions, English and also few reasoning questions
    Technical round I faced DBMS related questions, a coding question and things from resume

Interview Questions

• HR had some puzzles, Why should we hire you kinda questions.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sonata Software.

Interview

1 st round was a written one,
    2 nd round was Technical face to face round,
    3 rd was a discussion with the Architect
     and the 4 th was a HR round

Interview Questions

• All from JSF as I applied for such a profile   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sonata Software (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was an off-campus process. The first round was an online aptitude test. It was pretty easy and basic. Consisted of 4 modules: verbal, quant maths, logical reasoning and programming. I cleared this test. Then was called for a Technical and HR round in the office. Interview questions were pretty basic, based on your resume.

Trainee Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sonata Software (Chennai (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Starts with Amcat. Its Adaptive.
    and then Technical interview and HR.
    All the rounds were relaxing . HR was a good round since he taught me more than i actually knew about the company and what they look in a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why Sonata and not cognizant   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.