Sonepar USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sonepar USA Interview Questions

Interviews at Sonepar USA

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sonepar USA in February 2019.

Interview

I first came into contact with the Sonepar organization through a career fair on my campus and a subsequent interview soon followed. From there I was put in contact with the Human Resources Staff at my specific operating company to undergo further interviews. My first interview consisted of your standard interview via Skype with the person who would manage this whole trainee program for the year. Following that interview, I was set up to speak with the company President which would be my last interview before ultimately receiving an offer.
    All things considered, this interview process took roughly 3 weeks from my first contact at the career fair to receiving my offer (which I accepted). The process was very streamlined and organized which of course is good, but throughout this period, both Sonepar and my specific OpCo really engrained themselves well with me. Often is the case of feeling like just a number sitting in a pool of applicants, but with this company I never felt as though that was the case. They were very communicative through the interview process and beyond, and they've been highly receptive to feedback and ideas to this point. In terms of feeling confident, enthusiastic, and trusting in a company, this was truly the first time I've felt that at any level of my job searches, and this confidence was reinforced from every person I came into contact with up to starting my first day.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sonepar USA.

Interview

1 Screening phone call that took about thirty minutes. This was followed a few days later by Skype interviews with most members of the team I would be joining.

Interview Questions

• Simply questions based on experience and my resume.   2 Answers

HRIS Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sonepar USA (Charleston, SC) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process went very well, very organized and extremely professional. It was not a question and answer session and everyone did their best to make me feel at ease. The team is extremely impressive and it's clear that they have a strong bond

Interview Questions

• How would your former managers describe you?
      What kind of manager would you consider yourself?   Answer Question

The offer was rescinded. I attempted to negotiate 4 points, vacation, cobra payments, a small sign on, and different start date. Apparently this made me seem high maintenance and because of that they rescinded the offer. I was coached by the internal recruiter who told me asking for these concessions would not be an issue and needless to say I was shocked that it cost me the job.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sonepar USA (Charleston, SC) in March 2011.

Interview

Panel Interview process. Easy going company. Great place to work. Very well run company with a beauty atmosphere. Would love the chance to have several other friend work at this place.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sonepar USA (Charleston, SC) in January 2015.

Interview

Long but detailed. Also, interview was light hearted but formal. Managers were easy to get along with and talk to. I even had to interview with the Senior Vice President.

Interview Questions

• hard but not always serious.   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sonepar USA (Charleston, SC) in April 2017.

Interview

This was a long interview process, with a few 4-hour long days, but they were hurrying my interview along because I already had an offer from another company. They are very choosy about who they pick to work here.

Director of Logistics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Sonepar USA (Charleston, SC) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone call with internal Recruiter, video chat with Recruiter, video chat with Hiring Mgr, in-person interviews with the Executive Team. Final interview was with the international logistics organization LeaderThe entire Team was very respectful of my time and friendly throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• How have you influenced process improvement through data and technology in your career?   Answer Question

Pricing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sonepar USA (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and put me in contact with hiring manager after initial screening process. Met with President next via web-ex. A week later met with local sales manager in person. Took a personality test then lastly met with VP of sales for final interview.

Interview Questions

• There were questions on my past experience and some certifications   1 Answer

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sonepar USA (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I had initial phone interview with HR. She asked relevant questions and was very friendly. There was 2 1:1 interviews, both were pleasant, and I met with the Manager, Director of Audit, VP of Audit, and other Senior Auditors. The experience showed how in sync everyone is with company's culture and mission.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk through an Audit you performed from the beginning to the end.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sonepar USA (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was done through my college but I applied, received an interview request a week later. Once I received the interview request, I was required by my school to go through the interview. I was pleased with the ease of the interview process in terms of scheduling and the company reaching out to me on their own.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer
    • What skills do you have for the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was a negotiation phase because as students we weren't allowed to.

Website Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sonepar USA (Charleston, SC) in September 2018.

Interview

The process was a series of interviews. Once with the recruiter for the company in an attempt to get basic questions answered for both sides while also setting up a time to speak with other team members. In my case, it was the manager who was extremely professional and made the over the phone interview much more natural and comfortable. Once accepted you are asked to travel to their office (travel) if not local to meet with team members and have a final interview. This was also a very pleasant experience. Probably one of the most pleasant interview experiences I've ever had all the way around. After this they discuss applicants amongst each other I'm guessing then make a decision. I actually was offered the position but I couldn't make it work due to the position being a bit too junior level for me. Really wish it would have worked out, however, because I absolutely loved the company and everyone I met whom was affiliated with it.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer