Sonic Automotive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sonic Automotive Interview Questions

Updated Nov 8, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview

Interview

I submitted app online. I got called for interview. Very accommodating about my schedule and everyone was very nice. They explained more about what the job entailed. Beautiful new building.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sonic Automotive (New York, NY).

Interview

Good experience in the first round need to attend the next rounds yet.good environment.neat and clean.It took some time to schedule different rounds of interview.interview is average.nothing much to worry.

ESales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sonic Automotive (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Unorganized, had to come back three different times due to people being on vacation. Definitely wasn't hard at all, they just wanted to make sure you looked presentable and could speak in an intelligent manner.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with being on the phone with customers?   Answer Question

Experience Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sonic Automotive (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I was invited to interview in person after I got an email assessment on the application. I met with the general sales manager first, then the finance manager, then a sales supervisor. All of them asked versions of the same questions "tell me about what makes a good sales person?", "Tell me an instance where you learned from failure," "what do you say when someone tells you 'no'," that sort of thing. Answered the questions, all the people involved in the interview met with the general manager in a meeting, and they offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Give us a situation where you overcame a major objection from a customer and made a sale.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiating with this company. They think they are doing you a favor for what they're paying entry level positions.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sonic Automotive (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was like every other interview. Questions that were asked were "What are some strengths about yourself," "What are some weaknesses," "What did you do before," "Where do you see yourself in five years," "Do you have any questions for me," and etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about our company?   1 Answer

Part Time Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sonic Automotive (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed w/ 4 people. Hired and congratulated by manager in email, filled out hiring packet after getting message on my phone to come down to get things going so I could start soon. GM chose to call me in for interview with him and then I was never called back to start. So hurtful to be hired and waiting to start. Went out to dinner and celebrated (spent too much money) and then no job.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sonic Automotive.

Interview

So far, just had to complete an online personality test and writing sample. I heard back almost immediately once I submitted my resume and cover letter. I would say a very original cover letter is key so at least catching the interviewers eye. Try to make it more personable instead of too formal. Try to show your personality and how you're different from the masses. I have not had an official interview at this point. I only took their tests a couple of days ago.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sonic Automotive (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Spoke to 2 sales managers and the GM. More like a conversation that was awkward at time, for instance when the GM said "I'm weird, your weird" they really need to train management how to interview. Interview process was where the positives end. Invited in to come stand around on a Saturday - sort of awkward with no clear purpose other than watching people. Corporate HR sends a couple of emails and direct you to a urine test and conducts some type of background check. Not very personal.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to sell cars?
      How much money do you need to make?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, it took them a month to go through their process. Pay is minimum wage and is a draw. Commission is about $250 per car, regardless of price. Commission per car increase as you sell more cars. To make a decent living you need to sell at least 18 cars per month. Took nearly two weeks after starting before I was given an actual pay plan. Very disorganized; they act like they have not hired anyone in years.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sonic Automotive (Charlotte, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Intitial phone interview with HR and the second interview with a SONIC call center trainer, and then wait to hear back from HR of the next steps. The Interview with HR was very easy and personable. The phone interview with the trainer was a little more detailed and actually felt like it was face to face. Not as personable. Almost intimidating but the trainer was very nice. The feel of the interview was probably affected by the fact that the trainer was on vacation while actually giving the interview.

Interview Questions

• Are the hours required doable?   1 Answer

Experience Guide: Echo Park Automotive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sonic Automotive (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Several days after applying, I got a call for a phone interview, which went very well. This was followed by a face-to-face interview with an HR person who was absolutely unfriendly & disinterested, & didn't ask very good questions overall. After that, not a single word, even though I followed up.

Interview Questions

• What was your best month selling cars?   1 Answer