Sonim Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.9

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sonim Technologies (San Mateo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I received a call and was asked to speak a little bit about my self. It was a short, informal call and I was asked to come in for an interview in the following week. The interview was done by three people, separately. Took about two hours total.

Interview Questions

• What are three things previous co-workers of yours have disliked about you.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sonim Technologies (San Mateo, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call from the HR person asking me about my educational background and future goals. Was invited to come in for an in person interview the next day. Got to meet with both the HR person and the person whom I would be working under separately. Were both very friendly. Asked me about my resume, what I knew about the company, and why I was interested in the position.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sonim Technologies (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Applied online, unplanned phone interview, asked to come in for in person interview. Overall all the people were nice. However, it was disorganized and somewhat unprofessional. Placed a lot of emphasis on how it was most important if you fit it with the group. That the office is loud and hard to get work done in. Described as a "fraternity" where you might get things thrown at you and drinking involved. It was odd.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sonim Technologies (San Mateo, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

They called this role Marketing Coordinator, but it's more of a fulfillment/website management role. Applied on Craigslist, got a call and quick phone screen from recruiter a week later. The phone screen involved background/work history questions and a personality question. Passed the phone screen and was scheduled for an in-person the same week. Met with recruiter, hiring manager, and another person in charge of office culture. Recruiter and hiring manager were great, very conversational-style interview. Manager seemed to like me. Went over work history, talked about what the role entails, and what I look for in a manager and work environment. The interview with the other person was very uncomfortable. Very uncomfortable question/answer type of interview. He was literally reading the questions off a piece of paper and writing down my answers. Gave no feedback on my responses and asked the most random, curve-ball questions. He was stone-faced and expressionless the whole time. He was trying to assess personality and cultural-fit, but was a very impersonal interviewer. If that's the type of person controlling the culture there, I did not want to be a part of that. Surprisingly, got contacted for a 2nd round of interview a few days later, and went in the next week. I was hesitant on continuing due to that last interviewer, but I went anyway. Met with VP and another person this role would be working with. Again went over background, why Sonim, greatest challenge, what my ideal role is. Both in-person interviews were about 2 hours long each. Received an email about 4 days later saying that they were not moving forward with me. Overall experience was okay. Met with 5 people including recruiter. They wanted me to meet a 6th, but he was unavailable. 1 phone screen, 2 rounds of in-person interviews. Recruiter was quick and responsive, and clear about the process. I listed the weird personality/cultural fit questions that were asked.

Interview Questions

• -Name 3 things someone who dislikes you would say about you
      -Name someone famous you admire
      -Name 3 favorite movies
      -What song describes you?
      -If you could change one thing in the past, what would you change?
      -You're in a dark room. There's a drawer with 6 black socks and 7 white socks. How many times would it take to pull a matching pair of socks?
      -What is the one thing about your current job that you would change for you to stay?
      -Why should I hire you?
      Answer Question
    • Why is a manhole cover round?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sonim Technologies (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

written test and then technical and hr round.
    written test included aptitude and basics of computer science,c(pointers,strings).
    interview was tough.they were asking questions in depth.

Interview Questions

• asks a puzzle to find probability so that 3 ant sitting on the vertices of triangle(if move)should not collide.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sonim Technologies (San Mateo, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Great experience. Everyone in the company including the CEO was very invested in the process and took the extra step to get to know you. Close knit culture. Recruiter was very prompt in following up and the process was smooth. Questions were generally easy. There is a personality fit interview at the end.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sonim Technologies (San Mateo, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

You will interview with the entire SM office. Everyone from each team and sometimes in pairs or panel of interviewers. They will screen skill sets and background experience. They will see if you are a natural fit for the company and the hard working family type environment that they want in their HQ office. Overall experience with the interviews was good.

Interview Questions

• Views on culture? Past experience? etc.   1 Answer

Testing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sonim Technologies.

Interview

All Manual testing questions , automation-related question,UI automator,device platform related ,Android related questions ,Software development related question ,java programming language ,python scripting ,eclipse and Agile methodology,interview was good.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sonim Technologies.

Interview

Interview process is very strict. You have to go through multiple levels(2-3) of interview. Generally technical questions are asked. Questions from Operating Systems, programming are asked. Writing a program and how to debug it.. like this, What to look for if there is a crash. How to check memory leak. etc..

Interview Questions

• Write a program to print a singly linked list in reverse order.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because I was in a need of a job.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sonim Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

I had a call for direct interview which was in their own office.The office was really nice.We wre given cards of visitors.I was the first for interview.Interviewer came after 5 minutes.He took a brief look at my CV.He asked why I didnt know C++ and why I had made only 1 project.He was not satisfied with my answers.Then he asked me to write 2 programs.
    One to delete a node from a given position and second to reverse a string

Interview Questions

• Why I had made only one project   1 Answer