Sony DADC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sony DADC Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.4

General Labor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony DADC in February 2016.

Interview

I was emailed by a recruiter about the job and I called her back. She asked me four simple behavioral questions. After that I was scheduled for an interview. I went to the warehouse security was very strict and I had to go through metal detectors on my way out NO CELL PHONES ARE ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING AT ALL! The lady who interviewed me was very nice and she asked me some more simple questions and then I met with the floor manager who I would be working for and he didn't ask me anything just availability and about my previous jobs. I was offered the job but until my background came back I had to work for a temp agency (which seems odd) and then I would be hired on personally the pay is low but I still accepted the offer. Pretty easy interview and process.

Interview Questions

• Name three weaknesses, What didn't you like about your last job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation the pay rate is what it is a little over $11.00.

Metadata Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony DADC (Marina del Rey, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward. I applied online and received phone call from HR, the interviewed by HR manager initially. The second interview was with operation manager and our team leader in person. I applied to the QC department but this position was filled up before I have done with the first phone interview. HR person nicely if I want to apply another opening, metadata position. People were helpful.

Interview Questions

• General questions. Plus Microsoft Excel's experience. If I am appreciate none creative position because my educational background was creative. Another question was what is my work style to see if I am being patient thorough teamwork environment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

HR gave me to negotiate my hourly salary.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sony DADC (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Fair, in-depth, direct! I started out speaking to the EVP of Sales & Marketing and then was interviewed by VP of Sales as well. I never felt intimidated by either of them and the questions pertained directly to the job I was interviewing for. My second interview was a lunch with the Controller and a Sr. Customer Service Manager, both of whom I ended up working close with.

Interview Questions

• There's no ones shoes to step in, how will you handle that and keep busy?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony DADC (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter to set up two interviews very close to each other, first was on phone second was suppose to be on Skype but was on phone just after the first. The two interviewers had deep Indian accents so i listened closely to understand them. Interviews were done on Wednesday both of them and i get an offer just after and told i need to get things done by Friday to get on a plane to California on Sunday for Monday work. I was told they started training 2 weeks ago and just found my resume. that was way too little time for me to make a proper decision. They also told me there looking for allot of people with my background.

Interview Questions

• interview question are related to the topic of your job profile. they ask on SDLC process and current job profile. all the questions are related to your daily work. all the high and low of your job life is being asked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me more than my expectations. So, I accepted their offer right away.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony DADC.

Interview

The interview was standard run of the mill questions. I met with two people at the same time. The interview seemed to go really well, even though it seemed more like it was bothersome to meet with people. There was just a vibe in the whole office.

Interview Questions

• Nothing exceptionally hard, just more of explaining what I did now, and them talking about what the position entails   Answer Question

Seasonal Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sony DADC (Terre Haute, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

asked what shift I would like to work and when I could start. orientation class and then started work. not much of an interview as I had worked there before. did orientation and drug screen within 2 days and received my work assignment. simple and easy

Interview Questions

• why I left my last position   1 Answer

Packing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sony DADC (Bolingbrook, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

company will provide you with their application when they access you for at least 3 to 6 months and they need your service permanently. after that you will be ask to go for drug test and will set up a date for your orientation if all the process goes through successfully and you have no issues.

Interview Questions

• why you want to work for the company   1 Answer
    • willing to come to work on time   1 Answer
    • willing to work in the dirty and fast pace environment without compensation   1 Answer

Negotiation

i did not negotiate for anything since i have already worked there starting as a temporary employee and got promoted to full -time by the company

General Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony DADC (Terre Haute, IN) in May 2013.

Interview

Met with HR on first interview and with HR and Dept manager on second interview. Also required written testing and hands-on testing. Manager was dressed nice but below business attire (jeans and tucked polo.) Suit not required. Total interview time was less than half an hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were asked to perform a duty that was outside of your job description or against company policy and what did you do?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Sony DADC (Terre Haute, IN) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied to an internal posting, qualified for interview based on education, experience, attendance and performance. Even though I was currently filling in as the supervisor and had turned the shifts performance completely around they chose to go with a another candid with no experience or required education. Needless to say say the shifts performance went form the best to the worse on less than 30 days.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you had to handle.   1 Answer

Web Platform QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony DADC (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Morning interview, lovely..interviewing with a few people. QA Lead, some devs, head of DevOps, and basically a brewhaha. tell me about yerself, why do u wanna work here, how would go about defining the QA Process from scratch. the developer asked about Selenium, the DevOps asked about testing on production vs. development servers....if you see somebody there i know, just give them a middle one for me...thanks!