Sony Mobile Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 27, 2016

2.7

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sony Mobile Communications (San Mateo, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone call and quickly was in person by no less than 5 people. Some were one on one and others were paired. They were all very kind and easy to talk to. It went very well. With one person we were enjoying ourselves so much we spoke for two hours before we realized we were probably done. Needless to say, I got the job.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle field issues in previous product launches.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, I did ask for a little more than the original offer and got it.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sony Mobile Communications (San Mateo, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I received a vendor's call when they reviewed my resume. We discussed opened position and available day for onsite interview. Then I received confirmation for my interview. It was a morning time. I was interviewed by "my" manager and senior manager - total it took 1+ hr, it wasn't too long. After all - manager showed me the office around and explained additional job details - he was very nice to me. I wasn't nervous at all it was a friendly atmosphere around. On the same day I received a feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell about your experience.
      What kind of applications did you work with?
      Are you ready to travel?
      1 Answer

Market Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sony Mobile Communications (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone, face-to-face, know the industry and know current product competition relavent to the position. Hiring manager was shocked that the five people interviewing before me had no clue on important information.

Negotiation

none

Customer Fulfillment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Mobile Communications (Atlanta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by two managers plus recruiter. Pretty smooth and professional. Both interviews were held in the morning and did not last more than 45 minutes. None of them replied to my follow-up emails but I actually do not get so many responses to my follow-ups

Interview Questions

• How would you describe a day in your current position?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Mobile Communications (Raleigh, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

Submit application and resume.
    Phone screen by HR.
    In-person screen by HR.
    Individual, in-person interviews by multiple peers and/or managers. Included peers from other departments and any additional managers that the position would interact with..
    Hiring manager interview.
    Hiring manager's manager interview.
    Background check.
    Drug test.
    Offer.

Interview Questions

• At interviewer's discretion, nothing required. Focused on ability to perform duties of position.

"NO" Microsoft problem solving questions.
      Answer Question

Test Engineer (Student Summer Worker) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lund, Skåne (Sweden)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Mobile Communications (Lund, Skåne (Sweden)) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied through an external staffing agency who contacted me to verify that it was okay to send them my CV. I told them that it was OK and a few days later I was contacted directly by Sony and scheduled and interview. The interview included a 30 minute session with the lab director and the specific test lab manager and a tour of the facilities. One week later I was contacted by the staffing agency who confirmed that I got the position.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Mobile Communications (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in March 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with the head of HR and the regional President, they were friendly and encouraging. Asked a few behavioral questions but were more focused on finding the right personality than specific achievements.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Mobile Communications in October 2013.

Interview

Several phone interviews, first one was with general questions about myself, the 2nd one was with somebody in charge from my future department, 3rd one with again with somebody from my future department. Everybody was pleasant and kind during interviews, I really had no complaints. It was a classic interview for employment, with standard questions.

Manager Assistant Interview

Interview

Interviewed by the previous manager assistant and answered her questions about how long can I work here (at least 3 months)

Negotiation

Go to the HR department and they arrange everything

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sony Mobile Communications.

Interview

I had a personal contact within the company, but did not know any people in management beforehand. Met with my current boss first, talked maybe an hour and both got and made a good impression. After that I talked with a professional, external recruiter twice on two different occasions, took a personality test and spoke with HR staff at the hiring company. I also got to take a proficiency test covering development skills and finally met with my boss one more time before them reaching a decision. After salary negotiation, I accepted and was sent my contract the same day.

Interview Questions

• Answering "What are your strengths and weaknesses?" always sounds a bit cheesy, I think..   Answer Question

Negotiation

Your base salary is basically the only thing negotiable.