Sony Mobile Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sony Mobile Communications

2.8

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sony Mobile Communications (San Mateo, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I received a vendor's call when they reviewed my resume. We discussed opened position and available day for onsite interview. Then I received confirmation for my interview. It was a morning time. I was interviewed by "my" manager and senior manager - total it took 1+ hr, it wasn't too long. After all - manager showed me the office around and explained additional job details - he was very nice to me. I wasn't nervous at all it was a friendly atmosphere around. On the same day I received a feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell about your experience.
      What kind of applications did you work with?
      Are you ready to travel?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Mobile Communications (Raleigh, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

Submit application and resume.
    Phone screen by HR.
    In-person screen by HR.
    Individual, in-person interviews by multiple peers and/or managers. Included peers from other departments and any additional managers that the position would interact with..
    Hiring manager interview.
    Hiring manager's manager interview.
    Background check.
    Drug test.
    Offer.

Interview Questions

• At interviewer's discretion, nothing required. Focused on ability to perform duties of position.

"NO" Microsoft problem solving questions.   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sony Mobile Communications (San Mateo, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone call and quickly was in person by no less than 5 people. Some were one on one and others were paired. They were all very kind and easy to talk to. It went very well. With one person we were enjoying ourselves so much we spoke for two hours before we realized we were probably done. Needless to say, I got the job.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle field issues in previous product launches.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, I did ask for a little more than the original offer and got it.

Market Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sony Mobile Communications (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone, face-to-face, know the industry and know current product competition relavent to the position. Hiring manager was shocked that the five people interviewing before me had no clue on important information.

Negotiation

none

Customer Fulfillment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Mobile Communications (Atlanta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by two managers plus recruiter. Pretty smooth and professional. Both interviews were held in the morning and did not last more than 45 minutes. None of them replied to my follow-up emails but I actually do not get so many responses to my follow-ups

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Mobile Communications (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. I got a call from the hiring manager who did a phone interview for me after which he scheduled a face to face interview in Dubai (I was resident in Lagos, Nigeria at the time). My travel was arranged by the company and I had a second interview with senior members of the team. After 2 weeks, I got a call that I had the job and I was sent an offer immediately.

Interview Questions

• There was really only one big question- I was asked to detail a high level plan on how I was going to achieve the objectives of the job I was interviewing for.   1 Answer

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lund, Skåne (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sony Mobile Communications (Lund, Skåne (Sweden)) in February 2018.

Interview

There were two interviews. In the first, they wanted to know about my background and previous experiences. In the second it was more about making sure it was a fit and talking about the types of tasks involved.

Manager Assistant Interview

Interview

Interviewed by the previous manager assistant and answered her questions about how long can I work here (at least 3 months)

Negotiation

Go to the HR department and they arrange everything

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sony Mobile Communications (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in June 2011.

Interview

Three rounds interview.
    First: technical interview
    Second: line manager interview
    Third: department manager interview
    Fourth: Sweden site interview
    First round are group interview, last about 1.5 hours, 2 or 3 persons will interview you onsite.
    Second round is 1:1, last about half an hour, onsite. Same day with technical interview.
    Third round is 1:1, last about half an hour, onsite.
    Fourth round is by telephone, last about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• First Round:
      No hard questions.
      Most of them are basic testing concepts including blackbox testing, whitebox testing, etc.
      Some questions based on your project experience, your responsibility and contribution, etc.
      Some scenario analysis, how do you solve these scenarios or conflicts.
      Bug tracking tools: focus on Quality Center, 4 modules.
      No coding related questions.

Second and Third Round:
      No technical questions.

Fourth Round:
      Scenario Analysis. Such as what will you do if developer ignore your bug?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Mobile Communications (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in March 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with the head of HR and the regional President, they were friendly and encouraging. Asked a few behavioral questions but were more focused on finding the right personality than specific achievements.