Sony Music Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.6

Glassdoor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Music Entertainment (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

phone interview , ask you something about your past experience, you biggest changlleng, and how you manipulate a financial statement. I think i answer all the question. but finally , i didn't get the offer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sony Music Entertainment (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The manager sent an email asking the availability for the interview. I had 50 minutes of interview with two managers. They asked me the behavior questions and general questions about the music industry.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the labels under the Sony Music Entertainment?   Answer Question

Business and Legal Affairs Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sony Music Entertainment (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview then called me into the office for an in person interview. Met with two people from HR, asked basic interview questions. However, did not hear anything from them for three weeks. When I reached out to them, they said the position was filled. Super unprofessional.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony Music Entertainment.

Interview

There were no gotcha questions, everything was very straightforward and relevent to the job. The questions were thorough but not grilling, The whole experience was pleasant and conversational.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sony Music Entertainment.

Interview

From the first interview to an offer was approx. 1.5-2 months. Because I was away at school I completed my first interview over the phone and the second interview over Skype. The people who I spoke with were very friendly, welcoming, and seemed thoroughly interested in my answers.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sony Music Entertainment (New York, NY).

Interview

Overly pre-qualifying for someone who'd been with the company since 1999. 2 interviews with talent managers before interviewing with the hiring manager. Focus was on agreeing to a salary limit before discussing details of the particular job with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work for a maximum limit of $XX   2 Answers
    • Will you complete a marketing plan on a specific project?   1 Answer

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sony Music Entertainment (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online through my school and was contacted within a few weeks.
    The interview process was rather ordinary. Very simple. I was lucky enough to be interviewed by my soon to be superior as well, which was nice.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sony Music Entertainment (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online though school. Was contacted to set up an interview within a few days. After the interview, which went pretty well. they went silent. Not even a rejection email.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony Music Entertainment (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Typical interview process with a record label. What I didn't like was the "rejection" process. After the interview the person who interviewed me said that I should hear back by the end of the week whether I got the position or not. Even after a follow-up email, no contact was made to actually tell me that I wasn't hired for the position

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Music Entertainment (Nashville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed by the supervisor for the department I had entered as my top choice in my application. We set up a time for me to go to the office for an interview.