Sony Pictures Animation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sony Pictures Animation

Production Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Animation (Culver City, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Short 30 minute interview, I was very impressed with the people I interviewed with, and their knowledge of the project. I was told clearly what I would be doing and what their glad for the project where. The expel I encountered were very friendly and helpful, - some of the people I met were accidental and I was impressed with their demeanor and helpfulness. This shows to me that people are happy there and that the important parts of employee morale are being tended to. Everything ran on time and to schedule as I was told by recruiting. I liked the smaller size of the studio relative to Disney or dreamworks which now seem impersonal and overly large.

Social Media Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Animation (Culver City, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Met with Head of Marketing and then I met with the Head of Publicity. They were very nice and open about what was expected. They did most of the talking and explaining of all the job entails. They asked a few questions, but we had worked together previously so that made things a lot more relaxed and easy. I then had a meet and greet with the rest of the team, which is only 3 people. Overall very positive and fun.

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Animation (Culver City, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

They are currently only looking for people willing to relocate and work for special project contract lengths.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Room for very little negotiation where money or location is concerned

Character Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Animation (Kolkata (India)) in August 2011.

Interview

By the experience of work and willingness of doing the work honestly.

Interview Questions

i decline because i had to work full time but i want a part time job for my study.

Senior Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Animation (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2010.

Interview

Telephone interview as coming from overseas. Very polite and friendly. When filling out the background check didn't realise that half the info was not mandatory, so included a lot of very personal information such as former salaries that are not really relevant and NOT a requirement. Yet no on pointed this out to me until I arrived and my colleagues here was amazed that they would inquire so much personal info.

Interview Questions

• During the phone interview itself no unexpected questions, very friendly and informative talk about the project and the city they are located in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

10 mins on the phone, took a pay cut in favor of working on a big project. In hindsight could have pushed more.