Sophos Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sophos Interview Questions

Interviews at Sophos

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sophos.

Interview

Sent my resume in through a friend on the team. First round interview was simply a coding interview. Two relatively easy questions. I solved the first and he asked me okay, how would you test this?

Next question I did not quite have time to finish but we chatted about how I would have done it and I thought it went pretty well.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of measurements from a radar gun, if it is not an infraction calculate the average speed on the road. If the number of infractions is more than 10% the gun is said to be malfunctioning. Determine if it is malfunctioning.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sophos (Columbus, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

Really solid tech interview. Two interviews with tech managers and one interview with a senior software engineer. Challenging questions but everyone made sure it was a comfortable environment. Follow up was an interview with the VP of the office and tour of the office and overview of the company culture.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest problem you solved that didn't involve a technical solution?   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sophos in March 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with about 6 folks...including HR. I didn't have to present to a team at the time. But now, I believe that is part of the process. Phone interviews first. Manager was in CA. Then, I came in for onsite meetings. Final phase was to interview with the outside sales rep at the time.

Interview Questions

• No question was too challenging.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quick and easy.

Channel Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sophos (Burlington, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied through a LinkedIn job posting. The process took about 2 weeks, starting with a round of telephone interviews, ranging from general experience and background conversations, to corporate culture and a technical screening with a seasoned Channel Sales Engineer. After the telephone interviews, I traveled to the Boston office for a half-day of tightly-scheduled, in-person interviews, followed by my delivering a technical presentation to a group of technical, sales and management personnel. The process was very organized.

Interview Questions

• Sophos is a channel company. What will your approach be to developing high-quality channel partners in your local territory?   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sophos.

Interview

I applied through employee referral and got an email from the recruiter. Within a week, the onsite interview was scheduled and there were 3 rounds. There were 3 interviews- Frontend, Backend and with the Dev Manager

Interview Questions

• Basic JS questions and Object Model related backend questions.   Answer Question

IT Support Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sophos in August 2011.

Interview

I was aggressively recruited by their recruiter. Had several phone screens with the recruiter and later the hiring manager. Later, had in person interviews with all of the above for a job I was eminently qualified for. The process of getting me in for an interview in were all fine. Had no objection with that.

My major beef with their process was the complete lack of ANY communication post interview. A simple politely worded decline interview would have sufficed but I received NOTHING even after a few follow ups. Goes to show how this company treats their prospects. Wonder how they treat their employees.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sophos (Burlington, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

Fair and thorough. References closely checked and in-person interviews were challenging but congenial. As it turns out, the UK-team is extremely arrogant and un-cooperative. Be prepared for ridiculous hours. The team is very friendly, but you should RUN not walk away from this place.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for specific questions about global partner and re-seller relations.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sophos.

Interview

Initial phone screen that ended up being a surprise webcam session with live coding. It was about 55 minutes of trivia about whatever the interviewer wanted whether it was something listed on my resume or not. Relevance to the job description did not seem to have any impact on the questions asked either. Not having experience with the subject of a question was ignored and the question would be repeated with no further instructions or guidance.

There was no working through a question with the interviewer but just an exact answer they wanted.

After 55 minutes of trivia questions there was 5 minutes given to solve a LeetCode problem while the interviewer watched. They were not interested in hearing about how the problem would be solved or test cases. They wanted the most efficient working solution within the 5 minutes.

Once an hour had passed I was told the interviewer had to leave immediately for another meeting so there was no time for questions directed at the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What is the term that describes the commonality between a REST PUT and DELETE call?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sophos (Burlington, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

Not organized well. Recruiter not sure for which position we have applied this job. He doesn't know which programming manager will recruit me. He was like recruiting for pool. It is total mess.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sophos (Burlington, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed at Sophos online and the hiring manager called and scheduled interview with the VP of Engineering and I got a good feedback in the phone interview and called for onsite interview with 3 people 1hr each one with QA Manager and 2 interviews with architects. It was for JavaScript position and they are clue less on what to ask and there was no update from the HR even after couple of followups.

Interview Questions

• How do you describe closure to an OOPs programmer?
      What are different symbols used in Angular directives?
      Questions on Http status codes and Agile methodology.   Answer Question