Sophos Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sophos Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.9

Application

I interviewed at Sophos in August 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted through LinkedIn. Initial round was telephonic with a hiring manager for 30 min. Then invited to the on-site office for the face to face.
    Intervers have no idea what role they are interviewing for. 2 interviewers asked "What role are you being interviwed for? Coz they just forwared your resume didn't mention anything"
    I guess one of the interviewers is new to the interviewing process, she wrote down the questions and started asking one by one. She just has one set of answers and when I mentioned the same answer in different programming language was just laughing. I couldn't figure out what was so funny to laugh in between the interview.
    After the interview there is no response at all from the recruiter. Its minimum courtesy to inform the candidate about the feedback forget about thank you for our time on a weekday(during working hours) to attend an on-site interview.

Devops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sophos.

Interview

Had a phone interview. The hiring manager was late almost 15 minutes and he was arrogant and rude. If you are capable person, you don't need to show your aggressiveness during interview. Wouldn't work for this type of company.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sophos (Burlington, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from Sophos, via LinkedIn, and decided to give it a try. The interview started on a positive note, with the recruiter telling me that Sophos already hired a lot of engineers this year.
    As soon as he realized that I was a principal software engineer, he lost interest. He told me that they do not have openings for principal software engineers, but I could send him my resume, in case they will have such openings in the future.

Interview Questions

• The only question he asked was to describe what I am currently working on.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer - Web Front End Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sophos (Burlington, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial corporate recruiter screening: very pleasant; asked questions to clarify what positions I was looking into. He said I met criteria for a couple of positions. It took over a week before I h

Dev Engineer tech screening: up beat interviewer, easy to talk to and explain my experience and what I am looking for.

On-site interview: Test Engineer was very tough on what I knew about testing; I learn't some things from him and I believe I conveyed I understood the new concepts and provided info related to using the new information on his followup questions. Next interview with hiring manager was not as tough, but at the end of the meeting it was clear top her and me that I was not a fit. Reason was this group did not do pre-screening, the pre-screening was by another group, but their rec went away.

It was good interview practice for me.

Interview Questions

• What other front end web experience do you have that is not on your resume?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sophos (Burlington, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed at Sophos online and the hiring manager called and scheduled interview with the VP of Engineering and I got a good feedback in the phone interview and called for onsite interview with 3 people 1hr each one with QA Manager and 2 interviews with architects. It was for JavaScript position and they are clue less on what to ask and there was no update from the HR even after couple of followups.

Interview Questions

• How do you describe closure to an OOPs programmer?
      What are different symbols used in Angular directives?
      Questions on Http status codes and Agile methodology.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sophos (Burlington, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied thru linkedin. Got an email from recruiter asking to talk to HR. HR called discussed the role and set up a time to for a technical phone screen that involved coderpad. Interview went well and the 2 interviewers were professional. Coding task was asked and later was let to improve on/discuss if any other data structure would be a better fit for the problem. Received positive feedback from HR and set-up a skype interview with Manager and some more team members. Manager talked about role and experience for an hour, general personality match kind of an interview. Later 3 team members got on skype for the interview which consisted more questions and coderpad (again). HR shared positive feedback and negotiated compensation. She also informed me about having a conversation with Director about a site visit *(I'm an out-of-state candidate); But 2 weeks later, sent me an update on request that the team was in no position to relocate somebody.

Interview Questions

• 1. Can you extend main method in Java?
      2. Explain how hashmap works internally?
      3. Relation between hash code and equals?
      3. Difference between StringBuffer/StringBuilder?
      4. Code to check the frequency of word occurrence?
      5.Code to implement a country/state list generation logic? Follow-up - country name can have aliases
      6.Spring bean wiring.   2 Answers

Marketing(Part-time) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sophos (Burlington, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

I had an interview on 8th Oct'15 and they still haven't got back to me. Very poor hiring process. At least tell the potential people if they are in or not. We can't keep hoping that you will email/call us to inform where you are in the hiring process. Even our time is equally important.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sophos.

Interview

Sent my resume in through a friend on the team. First round interview was simply a coding interview. Two relatively easy questions. I solved the first and he asked me okay, how would you test this?

Next question I did not quite have time to finish but we chatted about how I would have done it and I thought it went pretty well.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of measurements from a radar gun, if it is not an infraction calculate the average speed on the road. If the number of infractions is more than 10% the gun is said to be malfunctioning. Determine if it is malfunctioning.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sophos.

Interview

Three coding questions were given to me over an online ide. The interviewer could only communicate with me through comments in the code. My code was never actually run. The whole process took 45 minutes, throughout the whole process I felt uneasy as I could not compile my code or even communicate effectively with the interviewer. I never received a call back.

Interview Questions

• You have a grid (2X2) matrix, and every row and column needs at least one marker. Some markers are already placed into the grid. Find minimum number of markers needed to satisfy the condition.   Answer Question

Channel Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sophos (Burlington, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied through a LinkedIn job posting. The process took about 2 weeks, starting with a round of telephone interviews, ranging from general experience and background conversations, to corporate culture and a technical screening with a seasoned Channel Sales Engineer. After the telephone interviews, I traveled to the Boston office for a half-day of tightly-scheduled, in-person interviews, followed by my delivering a technical presentation to a group of technical, sales and management personnel. The process was very organized.

Interview Questions

• Sophos is a channel company. What will your approach be to developing high-quality channel partners in your local territory?   1 Answer