Soraa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Soraa

2.7

Senior Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Soraa (Fremont, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

If you're trying to get into Engineering, be prepared for a barrage of interviews from at least 7 or 8 people - a couple levels of disinterested management, a tech or two, customer service reps... and a horde of Engineers. All nice guys, most well versed in some aspect of Power Design, but they all have their favorite technical questions (see below) and if you don't come up with the answers they want then they will reject you out of hand in the review process. The whole team gathers round a table and each gets a vote. I don't know how many times I've heard things like, "He didn't even know that in a ZVS H-Bridge with PFC and a 2700 Watt load you should always use ultra-fast diodes on the reverse recovery lossless Snubber when the leakage inductance is not less than the square root of the functional capacitive discharge in sub-zero temperatures! I vote NO!"

So know your stuff, and be able - at a minimum - to fire back something like, "Well, yes, but have you tried Silicon Carbide devices in the Hi-Side gate drive? That sometimes reduces the need for lossless snubbers altogether...?"

Interview Questions

• How skilled are you at data acquisition and translating results into Excel spreadsheets with charts, graphs, bells and whistles?   1 Answer

Senior Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Soraa (Fremont, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with the former CEO Tom who was nice but a bit foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog. Also interviewed with a tall Dutch guy who seemed stoned and detached from reality. Kind of a surreal interview. I also saw their working environment is a sweatshop so-called Open Office seald the 'No' for me.

Interview Questions

No one in management seemed to be intelligent or skilled. They seemed like they checked out a while ago.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Soraa (Fremont, CA).

Interview

one interview onsite with 3 simple questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not ngociate

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Soraa.

Interview

Group presentation with multiple one on one. Mainly focused on your work experience and background. There were some questions about the technical details of your previous projects. The whole interview took a whole day.

Senior Product Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Soraa in August 2013.

Interview

The whole process took 6 weeks. First contacted by a recruiter via Linkedin, then referred to another recruiter that worked on site at Sorra. I had a 30min phone interview with the second recruiter followed by another phone interview with a mechanical engineer at Soraa. I was then brought in for an on site interview where I delivered a 45min presentation on myself and work experience (as requested), followed by 6 one-on-one interviews with members of various departments. A week later I was brought back on site for another one-on-one.

First thing I noticed during the whole interview process, I wasn't prompted if I had any questions for them until I think the 4th person I spoke to. I had to interject after they had finished asking their questions with my own. Second thing was a general confusion with what was expected of the role from senior and executive management. I got mixed messages with that aspirations they had, and the requirements they needed from a candidate to meet them.

Coordination was generally pretty poor. I was given 48 hours notice for both onsite interviews, the first of which I was told would last all day. I pushed back and negotiated it down to a half day, but I still had to fudge an excuse for my absence from my current position to my detriment.

A few things that really stood out; or actually shocked me:

1. 4 out of the 7 who interviewed me in person had been with Soraa for less than a year.
    2. I was told they had to 'let go' 2 mechanical engineers 6 months ago due to funding issues.
    3. I was told, to quote "Most of us are here for the pay day".
    4. They just released their first product last month and hope to turn a profit to become self sufficient by the end of the year.

All in all I have mixed feelings about Soraa. I did get a general air that they thought they were a big deal, and I should feel privileged to be considered for a position there. At multiple points I felt like throwing in the towel because of this attitude. A little big for their boots to be honest, you're not Google yet!

Interview Questions

• How would you fix shrinkage areas in a plastic injection molded part without modifying the design?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Soraa (Fremont, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

friendly environment, not too hard, give a presentation first followed by 5 to 7 interviewers. The company is a startup company , in the end this position is on hold due to the company's higher level decision. Not happy about that.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Soraa (Goleta, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

They did not ask very detial question, Just normal question.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Soraa (Fremont, CA).

Interview

6 people interviewed me with 30 mins each. Some were technical guys but majority were just ops. They offered water during the 3 hrs process and they were very good. Overall, interview process was a breeze and enjoyful.

Lab Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Soraa (Goleta, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview was very easy. What was important for them was my GPA and my projections as a future engineer. It was one to one and I have the feeling that they wanted to hire me, so they did not want to make hard questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the field that you will study in the future?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked me for my last salary, and then they made an increase respect my last salary in my former job.

Sales Manager, EMEA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Soraa (Fremont, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

I was asked to come in and interview with the COO and the SVP of Sales and marketing. They seemed unprepared and like they didnt read my resume. I was impressed by just one person, the Sales VP who was intelligent. The COO named Tommy asked about my personal life which made me uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are qualified to do this job?   1 Answer

There are better options out there and the interview was unprofessional