Sotheby's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Temporary Property Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sotheby's (New York, NY).

Interview

Was very smooth and relaxed, good environment and nice people. Felt like a conversation and prep talk to test knowledge and basic understanding. Did a lot of listening and was very understanding of what was being told to me

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with overtime work, what type of work did you previously do, do you know anything about the company   Answer Question

Client Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sotheby's (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

the HR showed me around the 8th floor and told me each what's the occupation of each floor of the building. She is very nice and friendly. Then she asked me regular interview questions such as walk me through your resume, what's my biggest strength etc. It's overall pretty simple, but at the same time it's a little pushy. It seems like she wants to add pressure on you on purpose

Interview Questions

• whats your past experience/ what kind of projects that you have done   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sotheby's.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. First was a screening with a representative from HR. The follow-up was was with the hiring manager who asked how familiar I was with the art world and the types of clients they serviced, and what experiences I had that would prepare me for this role. The last was with the department head and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe what steps I would take to assist a displeased client.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sotheby's (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied the internship program online. The whole process lasted a month. They contacted me within 2 weeks after I submitted the application. The interview is intense, and seems like they are trying to create an intimidating atmosphere.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sotheby's (Boston, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. Just met with the administrator in the office and she asked me about my experiences that would apply to the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you had experience working with high profile clients?   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person interview. Questions related to what was written on the resume. Initial questions to screen your personality, if you are a good team player etc, if you are able to tackle challenging situations and if you are able to work under pressure. Other questions were geared to know what kind of work have you done previously, and why are you interested in joining the company?

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sotheby's.

Interview

My interview was conducted via Skype and lasted approximately 30 minutes. It was personable and relatively straightforward, and the women with whom I spoke was eager to explain different facets of work life at Sotheby's.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sotheby's in January 2016.

Interview

it was easy. not much unexpected questions.The interview was at least 15 minutes, but extremely awkward. The interviewer asked about my radio show more than my interest in art history and why it was pertinent to the position. Think of it like going on a bad date

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sotheby's (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Terrible... The lady bailed on me three different times then sent a rejection letter that was dated the previous year. The whole process made applicants feel worthless. Then they won't stop emailing me after finding out my relationship with a big client they have...

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sotheby's in March 2016.

Interview

I met with a few people on the team and they asked me about my experiences thus far, they tried to get to know me a bit better, and then they asked me why I would be an asset to their group.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sotheby's (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

30 minute on-campus, in-person interview. Employee was extremely friendly and helpful, however the interview itself was generic. The beginning focused more on basic questions about resume, and then asked more behavioral-type questions.