SoulCycle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SoulCycle (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Despite the best efforts of the recruiter, scheduling interviews was a pain. I met with 5 people on 3 separate occasions and didn't get to the final step. And there were cancellations and re-schedulings along the way.

I also received conflicting information about the role's expectations and even what department the position would be based out of.

The lack of organization throughout the process was a red flag.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your background.   1 Answer
    • Why are you looking for a job/looking at SoulCycle?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

SoulCycle Response

Aug 20, 2015 – Manager of Corporate Recruiting

Hi - We're so sorry your interview process here at SoulCycle was not a positive one! We truly believe in giving every candidate the best possible experience every time they meet with us, for every... More

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SoulCycle (Berkeley, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the same day asking me to meet two employees for a half hour long interview. They were around 10 minutes late because the interview before mine went over time. They asked one question about my experience and briefly explained the role, strongly emphasizing that they "make a lot of lists." The entire interview took about ten minutes. Afterwards they told me I would definitely hear about the job by the end of the day, but I never heard from them again. Both interviewers were very friendly and casual (they were wearing gym clothes), but the process overall seemed unprofessional. I got the sense that they were looking for a candidate with a very bubbly and outgoing demeanor.

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SoulCycle (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

They emailed me requesting a phone interview. The very next day I was scheduled to meet with the studio manager but instead met with two assistants. I could see the fake smiles and kindness the minute I walked into the studio. Its funny how dirty their bathroom was. They had me sit on an uncomfortable bench in their lobby. I personally don't think one should even have to dress professional for a soul cycle interview.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you apply for the instructor or front desk position?   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SoulCycle (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted very quickly after submitting my application which I appreciate. Scheduled a phone interview, was offered a class to try out, had in person interview. Whole process took about a week. Looked like an amazing work environment and staff was so friendly to interview with. Really disappointed to not receive an offer.

Assistant Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SoulCycle in March 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted by a recruiter to set up an interview via phone. The recruiter was extremely nice and we talked for about 20 min. She said I would hear by Friday about whether I would be moving on, and the best part about the experience was that I actually did hear on Friday. Though I didn't get the job, the recruiter was so pleasant to work with and I haven't had many experiences like this.

IT Interview

Interview

The interview involved meeting with HR - then meeting with my direct superior. Questions were general on how I would handle specific issues. I answered based on my general experience handling certain issues and it seemed to go well.

General Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SoulCycle (New York, NY).

Interview

The interviewers were 30 minutes late in starting the interview. The interview itself was not very structured in terms of the questions they asked me. The two people interviewing me were from HR and were not able to answer some fairly basic threshold questions about the position that I asked.

Interview Questions

• Generic - why are you interested in the company? Why would you be a match with our company culture?   Answer Question

ASM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SoulCycle.

Interview

I spent 4 weeks interviewing
    1. phone interview, 15 mins
    2. Paid to go into NYC to interview with a recruiter at the corporate office all the way from out of state, seemed like the didn't care to be at the interview
    3. Interviewed at at actual location with the manager, and the was supposed to meet the regional recruiter who never showed
    4. then I was brought on for a 3 hour shadow shift

they got back to me offering a part time role as a front desk person which I feel was their intention from the start. I should have known as I got a weird feeling during each stage of this interviewing process. I have a college degree, amazing references, and great experience. This isn't to toot my own horn, but don't lead me on for four weeks and then hire someone because their friends work there (which i found out after my shadow shift). That girl was even there the day I was shadowing....talk about a complete waste of my time.

Strangely enough, another week after that another studio manager reached out to me for a preliminary phone interview. I explained the process I had already taken at the other location and told her I'm not looking for part time work and asked if this was for the ASM position....... and she never got back to me...shocker.....

Long story short: Be upfront with them if you dont have a connect to get you a foot already in the door you'll probably end up being offered a part-time role to hook you in and they'll hope you climb their corporate ladder.

Interview Questions

• What do you do for fun? What is you management style. Why Soul?   Answer Question

ASM Interview

Interview

Weren't so interested - were focused on instructors that were in a class so my interviewer was very side tracked

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview. I had set it up for 12:15 and then she pushed it back to 1pm only 10 min before the actual interview because she was backed up. She basically just asked me about myself and that's it. Not much to the interview.