South Seattle Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at South Seattle Community College

Adjunct Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at South Seattle Community College (West Seattle, WA) in August 2009.

Interview

Got foot in the door because of a friend who taught there -I had my application online with them for a year before this. They needed an extra instructor ASAP to fill 2 fall classes. Interview was with the dean of the college and a member of the senior faculty staff. They looked at past syllabuses, asked course questions, and course design questions.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was what you would do if a student was violent in class. I was worried that this might be a campus problem, but so far it has not been.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations available. Pay is strictly based upon educational background.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at South Seattle Community College (Seattle, WA) in January 2010.

Interview

Skilled, diverse, panel-directors to coordinators. Great place to work. This was a first interview-then two finalists. SSCC clearly puts a lot of energy into compiling panels and developing interview questions. Culture is mission driven and seems to be integrated across disciplines.

For future candidates-be sure to know the tagline of the college (start here, go anywhere) and pay attention to the information on the website, including mission, audience and branding.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict in the workplace   1 Answer