Southco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southco Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2018

3.1

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southco.

Interview

Easy going, and simple process. interview questions were straightforward and typical. The interview was about 2 hours long. They offered me refreshments. I interviewed with about 6 people over the course of two hours.

Interview Questions

• What was one challenge you encountered in your previous job?   1 Answer

Industry Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews that seemed to go pretty well. After the second interview I was offered the opportunity to come in for an in person interview. I provided my availability and received a response 2 days later from the HR recruiter I had my 2nd interview with stating that they had interviewed someone 1 day prior (the day after my 2nd interview & when I was offered an opportunity to come in for a 3rd interview) and decided to go with that individual. As you can guess, it was a bit of a slap in the face to me. I found it to be unethical and unprofessional. Why would they invite me in for an interview if they knew that they could possibly hire someone else who was already going through the interview process? It's highly unethical and it was a huge waste of time. I'm very glad that I did not end up working for thus company. This experience taught me a lot about the company and I would not recommend anyone interview with them because they may do the same thing to you.

Assembly Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concordville, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southco (Concordville, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Brief and straight to the point. Asks about your previous work history and take a tour around the building. You take a brief tour Of the facility so you can get a feel of what you will be doing.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southco (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

There were several different levels of interviews including HR & Hiring Manager and Ops Manager. Also included behavioral and aptitude testing. Follow-up included drug testing and written offer with comprehensive explanation of benefits and compensation package.

Engineering Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concordville, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southco (Concordville, PA) in February 2010.

Interview

One on one interview talking about background and job details. Nothing out of the ordinary. Interviewer did not care much about the position. Asked how background could help for the job. Interviewer made the job seem way more exciting and interesting then it actually was. The job was basically just a temp working filling out forms and googling information.

Project Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concordville, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southco (Concordville, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was pretty straight. I interviewed with the project engineering manager. The interview itself was fairly low key. They were mainly interested in who I was as a person than my experience. This makes sense since it was for an internship position.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concordville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southco (Concordville, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Does the HR department there even care? Phone screen that I thought I did well on. Called in for an interview in person. Sat in the lobby for what I felt was a very long time. The woman at the front desk was very nice and friendly. There must have been a big meeting going on because a lot of people were standing around the area too.

I overhear people talking about other people. Not in nice ways. Lots and lots of bad language. I'm no prude, but it seemed very unprofessional to be hearing that kind of thing in front of a interviewing person.

Finally HR comes to get me, leaves me in a room and tells me the interviewers are behind schedule. Ok. I'm in the room for a very long time and hear a conference call in the room next to me and people are actually yelling at each other. It was very uncomfortable.

I go through the interviews - most people seemed nice but unprepared.

HR doesn't bother to come check on me at all during this. So when someone doesn't show I just sit there.

I thought I did well on the interview but I still haven't heard anything back. And I'm not sure I want to work there. But I need the job and their bar seems pretty low.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you prioritize where there are many important things to do.   1 Answer

Material Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southco in January 2018.

Interview

One week after I applied, I heard from HR to setup a phone interview. That same day they had me schedule an in-person interview and a tour of the facility. After the in-person interview, I was offered the position at the end of the day.

Design Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concordville, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southco (Concordville, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Through a network connection, I spoke on the phone with someone in upper management to understand the company better. I interviewed in person a week and a half later. The interview lasted perhaps 2.5 hours, where I met with HR and then two hiring, engineering managers. After request, I got a tour of the manufacturing floor.

With busy schedules, it took them too long to have minimal discussion on my candidacy, although they were relatively communicative. Ultimately, they followed-up with a generic and impersonal message. Like many other engineering organizations today, they are looking for a unicorn with no urgency to hire. However, you cannot deduce this from the job description or during the interview. I had to press for a follow-up to understand their decision.

After interviewing me, and at least 3 others at that point, it appears no one was hired - the job is still posted online.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concordville, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southco (Concordville, PA) in February 2010.

Interview

Was contacted on Monday and interviewed by Wednesday. The hiring manager was pleasant and the conversation quite casual. All was going well until the subject of my previous salary came up. From that point on, the hiring manager's tone had changed dramatically and it was clear the interview was over. Feedback the next day was so negative I couldn't believe I was on the same phone call with this individual. HR needs to better screen the feedback they give to candidates as I personally have a highly negative opinion of this company based on this interview. A simple indication that they feel they need to see more candidates before making a decision would have sufficed. Instead, now my reputation with a very productive headhunter is ruined - seemingly just because the hiring manager felt my salary was out of line with what they could pay. Too bad - I had stellar performance reviews from my previous company and could have done wonders for them.