Southwest Power Pool Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Southwest Power Pool

Programmer/Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southwest Power Pool (Little Rock, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

One Applies, then latter they send you and email with dates and times that one may select from for the the first interview. They do more than one interview per applicant I was told, and read on glassdoor.com

Interview Questions

• I was aked what I had done in the past to go above and beyond or improve something for others.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Power Pool (Little Rock, AR) in October 2016.

Interview

Rotated with 4 different departments for interviews. It went long and was about 2 hours. Just like HR questions and nothing really technical. Asked some about leadership, classes, etc. Not really any questions about power systems either, and I had taken a class on that. All very nice people though.

Interview Questions

• What's one of your most favorite classes you've taken?   1 Answer

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Power Pool (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

Group...about an hour. Different questions from various individuals within the group as well as formal hr interview before group interview. The people were friendly and put you at ease. Overall it was a good experience and they made it easy to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your previous experience will benefit you in this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't need to negotiate they were generous.

IT Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Power Pool.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few weeks later. The interview itself was very smooth: 3-5 people in a room speak with you. They are very relational and helpful. I was contacted a few weeks later for a job offer. Overall, very seamless process.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to make an unpopular decision?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Power Pool (Little Rock, AR) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a series of four interviews with four teams from different departments. Took only a few hours. With several minutes with each team. It was all questions concerning mostly with current education, skills, and past job experience. The questions were not too tricky but I had to get creative with some questions. Overall it was normal not too difficult interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you didn't agree with a past employer   Answer Question
    • When have you ever proposed a way to improve the system at a previous job?   Answer Question
    • When was a time that you messed up at a job and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Power Pool in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process was difficult and you must know what they are looking for to have any chance. I recommend knowing everything about the company and make sure you have a clear goal of where you want to go. The interview process was intense with 5 hiring managers and then HR. There were over 100 applicants and 5 accepted.

Interview Questions

• What was you least favorite class and grade and why? What can you bring to the company? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question