Southwestern Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwestern Energy Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southwestern Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

On Campus Interview Where recruiters had spoken to us previous. Interviewers were very nice and friendly, Definitely not a difficult interview. Good people and company. I would recommend anyone interested in the industry to interview with them if they have the opportunity.

Regulatory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwestern Energy (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. Set up a time to connect. Interview lasted 15 min. Waiting for next steps. Hope to hear back by end of next week

Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwestern Energy.

Interview

Fair. I had 3 interviews. One with HR, one with the hiring manager and one with a VP. Interview a few years back this I am not sure if things still apply as I heard they became a little bit more formal in their interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwestern Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

I interviewed at the Houston Student Expo. It was a one-on-one interview. The guy started off by giving me a 10-minute schpeel about SWN and how the company works. I already knew everything he was telling me because I studied the company in advance. Then he just told me to tell him something about myself. I did, and I was called for a second interview. I met three senior level management for lunch. Two were nice but I could feel a weird vibe from one of them. Needless to say, I didn't get an offer.

Roughneck Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southwestern Energy (Conway, AR).

Interview

Upfront and straight forward, down to earth. superintendents 10 years ago we're very good supervisors. Helpful, and not afraid to answer any question. Companies employees was there number one priority. They have a training class to get you use to the rigs

Interview Questions

• Can you handle hardwork, heat and cold   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just be open minded.

Manager Interview

Interview

It was a traditional multi-step process. When it was time to meet face-to-face it was well organized. Feedback after the interview was received in a timely manner and the entire process from first call to offer was reasonable.

Interview Questions

• What specific skills in my area of expertise could I bring to SWN to help advance their strategy and mission.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairmont, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwestern Energy (Fairmont, WV) in April 2015.

Interview

Technical questions. Personnel questions about ones views on leadership. Many questions about safety. The interview process went very well and was not intimidating. I would rate my experience a 8 out of 10. Out of the companies I interviewed with Southwestern energy was by far the most comfortable environment and let me express the knowledge I had learned in school.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southwestern Energy.

Interview

Met them on Campus Career Fair and got a call back a week later for an interview. The interview was with 2 recruiters. One recruiter would ask the questions and another would watch your body language and write down notes. They gave a follow up email if they decided to continue the intern process after the interview

Interview Questions

• Gave me a situation where I had to manage a project but things for the project didn't work out and how I would handle it. I gave the recruiter an answer but he kept changing the situation to find an answer he wanted. Also Asked me to define what success was. Asked about my impressions of a student who walked in late to class.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwestern Energy.

Interview

I applied through my university and was updated about my interview via our online job application within three weeks. The interviewers were very polite and funny, they asked the basic interview questions, why PE, why SWN, biggest weakness, etc. I also got a bag of free stuff which was nice.

They are a leader in the industry when it comes to creating value, and they are expanding aggressively over the next few years, it seems like a great place to be.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southwestern Energy in September 2014.

Interview

I saw the company at a career fair and talk to them there about the position I was applying for, they told me to apply online and they called me for to schedule an interview the next day. Before the interview they had informational where we could meet people from the company and ask question. Everyone I met with were very nice and helpful

Interview Questions

• If you could have any super power what would it be, besides that common interview questions   Answer Question