Southwestern Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwestern Energy Interview Questions

2.9

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southwestern Energy (Houston, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Very challenging scrutiny. You are promised a big bonus if goals met, but very vague on specific requirements until after hired, then tremendous pressure applied to achieve "stretch" goals. Later you find out that it's your team goals, so no matter how good you do, you still get penalized for other's mistakes.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment? What do you like best in your work? What's your biggest weakness? Extensive skill set questions from people that knew less than you did. Definite geographic preferences were obvious, i.e., if you're from the south, then you're stupid.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty limited as they were very arrogant - either take it or leave it. But as the pay and benefits were so good, it was all acceptable. Besides, since I wanted to move back home to Arkansas, I was willing to put up with all their baloney.

Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwestern Energy.

Interview

Fair. I had 3 interviews. One with HR, one with the hiring manager and one with a VP. Interview a few years back this I am not sure if things still apply as I heard they became a little bit more formal in their interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southwestern Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

On Campus Interview Where recruiters had spoken to us previous. Interviewers were very nice and friendly, Definitely not a difficult interview. Good people and company. I would recommend anyone interested in the industry to interview with them if they have the opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwestern Energy (Houston, TX).

Interview

I interviewed at the Houston Student Expo. It was a one-on-one interview. The guy started off by giving me a 10-minute schpeel about SWN and how the company works. I already knew everything he was telling me because I studied the company in advance. Then he just told me to tell him something about myself. I did, and I was called for a second interview. I met three senior level management for lunch. Two were nice but I could feel a weird vibe from one of them. Needless to say, I didn't get an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwestern Energy (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I had two rounds of interviews. First was on campus and just more of a casual conversation. The second round was on site and consisted of four mini-interviews where I was introduced to various departments.

Interview Questions

• If you could be one superhero, who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southwestern Energy.

Interview

Met them on Campus Career Fair and got a call back a week later for an interview. The interview was with 2 recruiters. One recruiter would ask the questions and another would watch your body language and write down notes. They gave a follow up email if they decided to continue the intern process after the interview

Interview Questions

• Gave me a situation where I had to manage a project but things for the project didn't work out and how I would handle it. I gave the recruiter an answer but he kept changing the situation to find an answer he wanted. Also Asked me to define what success was. Asked about my impressions of a student who walked in late to class.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwestern Energy.

Interview

I applied through my university and was updated about my interview via our online job application within three weeks. The interviewers were very polite and funny, they asked the basic interview questions, why PE, why SWN, biggest weakness, etc. I also got a bag of free stuff which was nice.

They are a leader in the industry when it comes to creating value, and they are expanding aggressively over the next few years, it seems like a great place to be.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairmont, WV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwestern Energy (Fairmont, WV) in April 2015.

Interview

Technical questions. Personnel questions about ones views on leadership. Many questions about safety. The interview process went very well and was not intimidating. I would rate my experience a 8 out of 10. Out of the companies I interviewed with Southwestern energy was by far the most comfortable environment and let me express the knowledge I had learned in school.

HSE Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Southwestern Energy in September 2013.

Interview

I was recruited by an outside recruiter. After a review of my resume, I was asked to come in for a face-face interview. I first met with the HR Director, who explained the company and benefits. I was then interviewed by the Department Director for the position.

Interview Questions

• What kind of salary are you looking for?   1 Answer

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southwestern Energy in September 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume to them through on-campus recruiting at my university. A month later, I received an email from them saying that I have been selected for an interview. The date was already set, but I was given a choice for the time of day. The interview was half an hour long.

In the interview, one of the first questions was whether or not I have any internship experience, to which I admitted that I do not. They did not seem impressed by that and the interview went downhill from there. But if they had bothered to check my resume, shouldn't they have already known that?

The interviewer spent most of the time explaining details about his company, instead of asking me much of anything about myself or my experiences or giving me a chance to speak. Eventually, at the end, I was given a chance to ask some questions, so I asked some generic questions (the kind everyone tells you to ask), such as what do you enjoy the most about working for Southwestern Energy and so on, and by this point he was just seemed tired (I was the last one to be interviewed), so he ended the interview a few minutes early.

Two months later, I got an email telling me that they "regret to inform me" that I was not selected for the position, unsurprisingly.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them something I know about their company   1 Answer