Sovos Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 174 of over 174 interviews

Campus Recruiting4%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Sovos

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Sovos

Interview

Received an email for timed aptitude and personality test and after that interviewed with recruiter while retaking the test to ensure I did not cheat. Next interviewed with the hiring manager which was very tactical, hardly any questions and interview basically consisted the manager discussing the position’s responsibilities. On the call, I was informed the next step and final step would be to talk to their boss. After not hearing from the recruiter, I reached out and he responded with obtaining my availability. After I provided it he ghosted me. I followed up again about 1.5 weeks later and we finally set up the call. The final interview was all behavioral questions where the interviewer never as much cracked a smile. After that I got ghosted again and only after following up almost 3 weeks later, did I receive a generic rejection email with no real feedback. It was a waste of two months.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me what keeps you motivated
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sovos (Minneapolis, MN) in Jul 2021

Interview

Received an email about a week and a half after applying for the position online. First you take a skills assessment and personality test. The next week I took the skills test (math and logic mostly) again over Zoom with the recruiter. We had an interview following for 40ish minutes to talk about my experience and some general questions. I was promised some news back the following. Heard nothing so checked in at the end of the week and received a reply end of day to hang tight there was a lot going on. Didn't hear anything more for another week and a half and received another email from the recruiter saying there's a lot of moving parts to keep being patient. Checked back on the website another week or two later to see the position gone. Emailed the recruiter to check if it was filled and received a reply a day later saying sorry it was filled and that they didn't get back to me as promised. Very poor communication to be strung along for almost a month.

Anonymous Employee in San Miguel de Tucumán

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sovos (San Miguel de Tucumán) in Jun 2021

Interview

Muy tranquilo y cordial. Las entrevistas fueron puntuales y muy organizadas. Fueron 3 entrevistas y 1 examen de código. Son decididos cuando alguien les interesa y muestra las actitudes correctas y ganas de crecer

Interview Questions
  • Cuáles son tecnologías que conozco y como las apliqué anteriormente
  • Hablar sobre proyectos personales realizados y en lo posible linkear al GitHub en el examen de código
  • Como aprendí a programar, ya sea en la facultad o autodidacta y que lenguajes
  • Charla en inglés para revisar el nivel, es muy importante para ellos ya que todo es en inglés
  • Hablar un poco sobre la empresa y lo que haya investigado sobre sus metodologías de trabajo

Sovos

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sovos

Interview

Applied online, received invitation to complete aptitude and personality tests, completed and then extended an invitation to interview with HR and complete another aptitude test. My understanding is the 2nd aptitude test is to confirm you didn't cheat on the first, it seems excessive to me and a time suck for those of us trying to keep up with our current jobs while looking for a new job. The interview with HR allowed for almost no opportunity to ask questions, I didn't leave it feeling like I had a better idea of the company or the role. I was then extended an invitation to do a 45 minute panel interview with 2 directors, they ask you to introduce yourself and then they split up a list of questions and read their script, it's very impersonal and unengaging. I left that feeling even less interested and also got the impression that the term "Global" in the job titles doesn't really mean global or international. I was then extended an invitation to do another interview with a sales presentation, ultimately I declined as I just wasn't engaged and didn't see that changing.

Interview Questions
  • Not verbatim: What is the difference between over-selling/promising and misinformed selling? Tell me about a time you made a decision that you regretted, what would you do different?

Sovos

Application

I interviewed at Sovos

Interview

After completing a test of mostly math and vocabulary questions, I received an email to setup an interview. I let them know when I was available and then they went radio silent for over a week. I followed up with them and they responded immediately asking if I was available next Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. I again let them know that I was and they ghosted me again until the following Wednesday in which they emailed me letting me know they wanted to conduct an interview that same day. I showed up to the interview and the interviewer was quite kind and pleasant and asked me about my work history. She then sent me an excel assignment to complete. Afterwards, I was told that they would like to setup another interview with another manager at Sovos. The interviewer showed up 10 minutes late to the interview and the first thing she said to me was that she really did not like the department I worked for. I felt that she spent much of the interview belittling the work that I did and she obviously could not hide her disdain for my role as an analyst. I’m not sure why she felt the need to spend 45 minutes to put down someone else’s role and make them feel small. I am hoping she was having a bad day because I think it would be a toxic place to work. I have chosen to rescind my candidacy.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sovos

Application

I interviewed at Sovos

Interview

Applied and had a video conference with a recruiter. I was sent an aptitude test, after I passed I was scheduled for a video conference. Met with the recruiter for about a hour going over my history and another aptitude test.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sovos (Minneapolis, MN) in Nov 2020

Interview

I applied online and received an email with a link to a personality & logic test. After completing the test I got a request to do a video interview with the recruiter so I could retake the assessment while sharing my screen to ensure it was me answering the questions. After completing the assessment the recruiter outlined the position and the next steps in the interview process. Then I answered a couple of basic questions and asked a couple of questions about the company and that was it! I did not make it to the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Normal questions like tell me about yourself and why did you leave your last position.

Sovos

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sovos

Interview

First round: A logic test Second: Redo the logic test while someone watches you via webcam and then a really light conversation Final Round: 2.5 hour long interview with 4 different managers It has been weeks and I still havent heard back! This was a long ordeal and even when I reached out asking for an update, I received no answer. I understand not responding to a random resume drop, but to not respond to someone who you interviewed in the final round for hours is unprofessional and left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sovos (Saint Paul, MN) in Sep 2020

Interview

I applied online and then heard back about a day or so later asking me to complete an assessment that included a timed assessment portion and an untimed behavioral portion. Did the tests and never heard back again. Kind of irritating but whatever seems like they only hire through connections and don’t have a very diverse makeup so I wasn’t too upset about not hearing back

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Sovos

Application

I interviewed at Sovos

Interview

Three weeks after I applied with a resume, I received an online email for a short Questionaire/Assessment with details. I was offered an interview. The whole process took a month or two.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 174 Interviews