Sovos Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sovos (Wilmington, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

After applying for the job I was contacted by a Sovos recruiter to take a personality quiz and a 15 minute assessment on business math, vocabulary and logic. I then had a skype interview where I chatted with the same recruiter and then again too the assessment to verify that it was me who took the first one. I was then contacted for an in-person interview with the head of General Counsel and other counsel members. I was then offered the job by phone by the head of General Counsel.

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sovos (Wilmington, MA) in August 2018.

Interview

Met with multiple people. Asked typical questions. Atmosphere was relaxed and causal. Everyone was comptetent. Post interview information was not readily forthcoming. I had to reach out to get feedback.

Interview Questions

• How would you deliver news or a plan you don’t agree with?   Answer Question

Nov 7, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for the feedback. I want to apologize for the fact that you weren't provided with feedback in a timely manner. We strive to make sure that our candidates are given feedback in a timely... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sovos (Wilmington, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone screen, followed by two aptitude tests, followed by in person interview with direct supervisor and upper management. Recruiter was extremely professional and made sure I was comfortable throughout the entire process. Recruiter even reached out to me suggesting to apply for another position when my original intended position had filled. Answered all questions in a timely and professional fashion.

Interview Questions

• Design a very high level, abstract system with OO principles.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sovos.

Interview

Apitude tests - one done on your own and the other via video conferencing monitored by recruiter. Then phone interview and followed by programming tests. If you make through all that, you get to in-person interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sovos (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I got a message on Linkedin about the position. I took a math and personality test, phone interview, and Skype interview with the same test again. They were pretty easy and I am waiting for the next step.

Interview Questions

• There were some situational questions on the phone but they were pretty easy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sovos (Minnetonka, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and then a 30 min in-person interview.
    Supervisor just looked at my resume and seemed like he had already decided. Asked a bit about my background.
    Then just had to pass a drug screen and a pretty in depth background check.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sovos (Wilmington, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very easy going. You walk into a multi stage interview, I had three. Each one of them were easy and relaxed. First thing I noticed was everyone was always busy, but they were all determined. They were happy and yet, focused. I made it through all of the interviews and got a call to come in with a start date. I also know of people that weren't so fortunate.

Interview Questions

• What my knowledge of software was. Software is obviously one of the foundations of the company.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sovos.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and we scheduled a phone interview. I carved out an hour in the middle of my day for it and waited for 15 minutes before emailing them to see what was going on. I got an email back asking to reschedule the interview. (not sure if he even remembered that he had scheduled one?). Very unprofessional but I agreed anyways. After the actual interview I emailed them a week later to see if the process could be sped up as I had other offers already and needed to know asap at which the recruiter replied by telling me that the position was already filled. Very unprofessional and overall unpleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about my previous professional experiences   Answer Question

Channel Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sovos.

Interview

Fill out application, receive email asking to complete aptitude test if results are satisfactory a rep contacts you and requests a 1 hour meeting split up into parts requesting you to do the same aptitude tests while they watch you on webcam to ensure its you and your not cheating. If you do well than you can proceed to talk to a reporting manager for the role.
    I was a bit set back by the interview process. Every so often I receive a request from a potential employer to complete an aptitude test. That's fine as each company uses different ways to see your skill-set however I was uncomfortable when they requested me to fill it out again while watching me on a webcam. Here's why. It sets a stage that this general practice assumes people are not trustworthy. This is my first impression coming in. They don't know me and have not given me a change to speak to the person this role rolls up to but makes me prove I'm not cheating before I'm even given a chance. To me, this says allot about the culture. I was turned off and decided the company culture did not seem in line to what I was looking for. Trust is essential.

Interview Questions

• General aptitude questions.   1 Answer

Oct 29, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We get a lot of questions about the assessment portion of our interview. We realize we ask candidates to invest a lot of time at the front-end of our process and that... More

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sovos (Wilmington, MA) in September 2018.

Interview

Had to take a basic math and writing test, then had to take it again while a recruiter watched. The recruiter then told me a little about the job and asked a few questions. Next I was invited into their office where I interviewed with 3 separate office managers. Overall they were polite and the experience was very professional!

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when you had to pick up the slack for another employee, and how you dealt with that.   Answer Question

Sep 27, 2018 – Human Resources

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on our recruiting and interview processes. We know the process can be cumbersome and really appreciate you found the overall experience to... More

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sovos in January 2019.

Interview

Was a pretty easy process; required a logic/critical thinking assessment initially, then if you're forwarded you have to take the same assessment during a video call. Video interview comes after, will take about 30 mins