Sovos Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sovos

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sovos (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in April 2019.

Interview

The process consisted of an aptitude test, screening interview with a repeated aptitude test, then three interviews with three Sovos team members, two of which were from the US, and one from the Stockholm office.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a project you managed. What was the biggest problem. How did you solve it.   Answer Question

Junior Regulatory Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sovos.

Interview

First round: A logic test
    Second: Redo the logic test while someone watches you via webcam and then a really light conversation
    Final Round: 2.5 hour long interview with 4 different managers
    It has been weeks and I still havent heard back!
    This was a long ordeal and even when I reached out asking for an update, I received no answer. I understand not responding to a random resume drop, but to not respond to someone who you interviewed in the final round for hours is unprofessional and left a bad taste in my mouth.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sovos (Saint Paul, MN) in September 2020.

Interview

I applied online and then heard back about a day or so later asking me to complete an assessment that included a timed assessment portion and an untimed behavioral portion. Did the tests and never heard back again. Kind of irritating but whatever seems like they only hire through connections and don’t have a very diverse makeup so I wasn’t too upset about not hearing back

Interview Questions

Interview

Three weeks after I applied with a resume, I received an online email for a short Questionaire/Assessment with details. I was offered an interview. The whole process took a month or two.

Interview Questions

• Basic questionaires, past experience related to the field   Answer Question

Junior Regulatory Counsel Interview

Application

I interviewed at Sovos in August 2020.

Interview

Link to an aptitude test, followed by an invitation to retake that test on a camera with HR watching and then a brief general interview. Relatively easy, if not uncomfortable interview. No follow-up after interview if they decide to move on, even when explicitly promised. Overall average interview, but negative experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Got an email for HR with a link to an logic test and a personality test. The logic test was something like 50 questions and you only had 20 minutes to answer. The questions weren't too hard (pretty basic percentage calculations, pattern recognition and surprisingly hard vocabulary questions) but since you only have 20 minutes, you kind of have to guess a lot and skip questions that take too long to solve. Not a great experience and not a good way to measure people in my opinion. It was followed by a personality test that was more calm.

A few days later I got an email from the HR recruiter asking me to have a video call were I would to the whole logic test again, with that person watching my screen. I did the test again while sharing screen and camera. Pretty uncomfortable experience and a waste of time for both persons. They said it was to make sure I wasn't using a calculator and it was actually me solving the test. There was no other discussion in that call other than around the test.

I guess I did fine because I got an invitation a few days later to do an to a "final" interview with two senior developers. It was an hour long call which was pretty nice, they informed me of the project I would be working on and gave me a good overall insight. It went well and I got the impression that they liked me. I wasn't too excited about the position but wanted to see how things would turn out. The position was not very exciting and you could see that the developers weren't too excited about the project eather. At least they had a pretty hard time "selling" it and the company too me. They mentioned a lot of cons but not many pros.
     At the end of that interview they told me that they weren't sure when I would get a final answer, but I would hear something at least from them that week.
    This was ~2 months ago and I haven't heard anything and it doesn't look like they are going to contact me at all, not even a rejection.

The whole process was super corporate and unpleasant.

Interview Questions

Sovos Response

Jun 25, 2020 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Hey there! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our process is definitely different than many people are used to and I thank you for going through it. While it may not have been made super clear to you – the assessments offer Sovos an unbiased way to measure fit at Sovos. It is a tool that we use to help identify the talent that will fit the best into our corporate culture and the results are an organization filled with talented and driven employees. The biggest piece of feedback that we get is how awesome the people are who work at Sovos, and we attribute a lot of that to our process. That said, our process is not meant to replace the interaction with a recruiter. There should absolutely have been more discussion about the role and the company during your video meeting and I am sorry that you did not get that experience. I’m also disappointed to hear that you didn’t get feedback. I know how frustrating it can be to go through a process and not hear anything. We run a very lean recruiting function here at Sovos and sometimes things do get missed – feedback to candidates should never be one of them. If you have anything else you would like to share, or if you just want to chat, please feel free to reach out to me directly. Best of luck in your search.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sovos (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2020.

Interview

The recruiters took ten days to respond. I also took test twice- Panel was GOOD and BAD COP interview. When asked about Culture- she said INTENSE PRESSURE COOKER. Nothing about culture just being intense there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when your boss told you to do something and you did NOT agree or want to do it?   1 Answer

May 18, 2020 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for taking some time to leave your feedback. I am sorry that you had a not so great experience interviewing at Sovos. We understand that finding a new job can be stressful, and getting immediate feedback from a potential employer is ideal. As you may have deduced, the time when you interviewed was an exceptionally unique moment at Sovos. We needed to, and successfully transitioned our in-office team of 1400 global employees to a 100% remote work force in a matter of days amongst the global pandemic. That required a complete redesign of our globally recognized onboarding program, and recruiting processes. We pride ourselves on giving our new employees the best resources to be successful here at Sovos and we had to take some time to evaluate what roles were immediately suited for remote onboarding. It required time and effort and it slowed down some of our recruiting processes. I am sorry that you experienced a longer waiting period to hear back, please know, this is not our norm. We wish you the best of luck and thank you for taking the time to meet with us.

Product Marketing Specialist Interview

Interview

I was requested to complete an online assessment - there were timed questions that were simple but difficult to finish under the slotted minutes. It was pretty straight forward though - but have not heard back afterwards. It was not a phone screening.

Interview Questions

Sovos Response

Mar 19, 2020 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Hi there! I am sorry that it has taken some time for you to get the feedback that we owe you. Our goal is to provide timely information to all applicants at all stages of the process. I do ask that you give us a little bit of leeway right now. Our recruiting team is an important part of our Global HR team - and things have been a little bit crazy right now with the changes that we are implementing at our company to keep everyone safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have moved all of our teams to remote work and things are getting "back to normal." I would encourage you to reach out to recruiting directly if you would like more immediate feedback! Thanks for applying and for your investment in our process so far!

Partner Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sovos in January 2020.

Interview

Applied and received an invitation to take a personality assessment along with an aptitude component. Then I had a video interview with a senior recruiter and retook the aptitude test to ensure it was me taking the test.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked many questions - I was asked if I had questions about the company or the position. The recruiter asked me to explain my previous experience. No specific questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sovos.

Interview

My experience was: screening phone call; in person interview in Boston; and job offer after a month or so. What really stood out was the amazing HR personnel. The in-person interview was with three VP, Director, and Manager of the department I would work in.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sovos (Wilmington, MA) in December 2019.

Interview

Online test, followed by a video monitored online test, followed by 3 in person interviews, 30 minutes each. They have you come into the office and everybody seems really nice and excited to have you there. Seemingly very genuine. They spoke as if I already had the job, "this is the department you will be working..." etc. It has only been a couple of days, but still not offer and I know they are trying to hire very aggressively. Not sure if I said something wrong in the interview, but it's been radio silence.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question