Spanx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

3.1

Head Office Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spanx (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interviewer cancelled 2 interviews AFTER the scheduled time has already passed, and didn't even bother to cancel the 3rd scheduled interview, just forgot to call.
    To me this is alarming and reflects negatively on the company.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Spanx in September 2016.

Interview

Human resource recruiter was completely incompetent. My experience was highly unprofessional. It must be really hard to find good people when your recruiter doesn't make good on her interview appointments. For starters she was 20 minutes late calling for my first interview. Then when she did finally call she rescheduled my interview while she was walking to a meeting. These things happen, so I graciously accepted the inconvenience and picked one of the times that she offered to interview me the following day. Then she stood me up for the second interview and lied about it. After 45 minutes of waiting I contacted her. 30 minutes after that she emailed me saying she had tried to call several times. She flat out lied. Who calls several times without leaving a message...there were no messages left. The were no missed calls on my phone record. She forgot and was simply not professional enough to admit it. She was walking and never wrote down the rescheduled interview time. Surely she will not be calling me back for an interview because it would expose her disorganization and lack of professionalism.

Interview Questions

• I just had the VP show up and I need to get this meeting(heavy breathing as she is walking down the hall), I have to reschedule you for tomorrow. Does 8:30 or 9:00 work for you?   1 Answer

Brand Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spanx (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

The process took about 3-4 weeks. It took about 2-3 weeks to get back to me after applying. Once they did, they asked me to complete a writing sample before proceeding. After submission, someone from HR got back to me saying that it was great and that they would like to proceed with an interview. Day of the interview, I was made to wait in the lobby for 45 minutes to an hour. Typically, I can roll with that but I had somewhere very important to be afterwards. I interviewed with two people. I thought it went pretty well. This is an honest review...I don't tend to automatically think these things but I will not lie, I did notice that no one there looked like me so it had me slightly worried (I am a woman of color). The next day, I sent the standard follow-up email thanking them and asking about how long it would take to hear back. One of them (the main person who interviewed me) never responded. The person from HR responded telling me that my writing submission wasn't accepted by the team. That's totally fine. But why not run my writing sample by the team BEFORE I come to the office and interview?? If that's even really why I was rejected. I live 40 minutes outside of Atlanta; it took even more time with that Buckhead traffic and my interview being delayed an hour. The whole thing felt like a complete waste and like there was zero respect for me or my time.

Interview Questions

• Name a brand that is doing well with their marketing and branding?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Spanx (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

The hiring process took like 3 months. I emailed and applied in March and immediately got a call. The call was super brief and very personal. I didn't get an email until end of April/beginning of May that I was to come in to the office for an interview. This interview was with HR and two members of the team I'd be working with. A lot more q's about my background but still very fun and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Spanx story? What's your favorite product?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Spanx (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

I interviewed with the store manager, which was okay. Interview questions but like a conversation. The back store looked really small and so interview was at a coffee shop. Manager bought me coffee it was cool. She seemed to really like me and said I had to interview with the director, via facetime. She said one of the purposes was for image (???). We set up a time/date to facetime, but I never got a call, also did not have the number to facetime her. The manager called and apologized, wanted to reschedule. We did. This time I got a call, but 20 minutes late. The person was in her sweats. She asked me a few questions, like from a list, but mostly talked her head off. I honestly thought she was high.
    I never heard from them for two weeks after, so I followed up with the store manager. She said they "went in a different direction" and would not comment about weather or not it was my "image". BTW, I am a woman of color.

Interview Questions

• How would your best friend describe you in five words?   Answer Question

I Never Even Knew Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Spanx in January 2016.

Interview

Terrible experience. My first interview was great, but after being told 3 different times that I would be a better fit for a different role within Spanx and THEN Being told 3 months later they chose an internal candidate... what?! So misleading and a waste of time. Good luck to you.

Interview Questions

• What is your perception of Spanx so far?   1 Answer

Product Development Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Spanx (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Very lengthy. About 3 - 4 face to face interviews at different times. 1 - 3 phone interviews. I felt like I was answering questions in a beauty pageant.

Interview Questions

• When you failed at making a deadline, what happened?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Very lengthy. Reached out about position months prior and it wasn't until the week before the internship start date did they reach out to schedule a face-to-face interview. Face-to-face interviews involved two department managers whom ask a variety of standard interview questions. Received a phone call from HR Manager the following day offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Please describe the type of work environment you are looking for.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Spanx (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interview process takes forever. First started with a phone call to discuss the internship. Then an email several weeks late responding to my follow up email, then another phone interview to discuss again. (Recruiter also missed second phone interview twice), not organized or respectful of time. Recruiters are very slow to respond to emails. Had to keep in touch with recruiter for 5+ months. Finally brought in for a face to face interview. Recruiting is very unorganized, seems like a sorority house.

Interview Questions

• Easy interview questions, Why do you want to work here, why skills do you have, name a time you played a leadership role.   Answer Question

Had another offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spanx (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

I firstly reached out to the hiring manager, one phone interview and an in-person interview a week later. Following up is such a pain they are very unorganized and barely ever respond to emails. Now my advise to hiring managers there,at least respond to emails and let job candidates know that you are not moving forward with them rather than ignoring emails! Very impolite and unprofessional !