Spark Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Spark Communications

Search Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Spark Communications (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick. I met with 4 different employees whom were all very passionate about the company and the work they do. The team seems very energetic and welcoming. It seems that the team builds close relationships with clients.

Search Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spark Communications (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I met with 4 different levels of management. Everyone I met with were extremely excited and energetic about the company and their time spent working there. Research the company and the role you're interviewing for. As long as you show a passion for the industry, you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions that regarded my past work experience. Describe your time at company at xyz..   Answer Question

Negotiation

My recruiter took care of this aspect for me.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Spark Communications (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online, with a referral, and heard back regarding the next round (a phone screening) within a week. After my phone screening I was notified of my in-person interview two weeks later. The interview consisted of four 30 minute rounds. I talked to two Media Supervisors, a Media Director, and one final person higher up (I forget her exact position). Most of the questions were scenario based, focused on working in groups, and related to past job experiences. The entire process took 7 weeks.

Media Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spark Communications in August 2015.

Interview

After applying, I heard from a recruiter about a week later to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was approx. 30 min. and asked the generic behavioral and experience questions. This interview does ask two math questions, so make sure to be ready for that. A week later, I was contacted to do an in-office interview and meet with 4 SMG employees. It was a rotational process and each interviewer had a specific interview topic: strategy, analytics, collaboration, etc. The in-office interview took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a team member that is not pulling their weight?   Answer Question

Media Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spark Communications (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and interviewed over the phone followed by an in-person interview. Two weeks later I received an offer in an email. After accepting, I was expected to begin work three weeks following.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience working in media.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spark Communications (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

1 online application followed by 2 phone interviews, first with a recruiter and second with a current employee, usually Supervisor status or higher. Rather straightforward, behavioral questions about past experiences on resume. To get your foot in the door, seems like it's important to have a referral. Important to emphasize project-based experiences and taking initiative/being proactive. Weird thing was, you list your team preferences on the online application but these preferences are not really taken into account when being assigned to your team. HR should work on this.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spark Communications (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

I went through a three step interview process. the first was me speaking with a woman who worked in New York for SMG. They asked a lot about what I knew about the company, so be sure to do your research in this regard. The entire SMG umbrella can be a bit confusing, so I would suggest looking outside of just the website itself. I spoke again later with another woman from the Chicago office who talked more specifically about my background. Finally, I went in and talked to a woman about which departments I would be most interested in. The final interview felt more like a placement than an interview, which was nice. Make sure to be personable. They know you don't have a ton of experiences, they just want to see if you are eager to learn and how well you can communicate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you took the lead in a project?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spark Communications (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

had a phone screening then invited for in person interview. After interview did not hear any follow up from HR. I had to reach out 3 weeks later to hear they were still interviewing. Here we are 3 months later, still haven't heard anything..moving on.

Digital Media Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spark Communications (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview was scheduled quickly, but met with no one from actual team I was joining. Structure of office/teams was not explained accurately. Interviewed for specific accounts and accepted based on those, however once I actually started I worked on entirely different pieces of business than what I was hired to work on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spark Communications (Chicago, IL).

Interview

1st interview was over the phone with an HR person from Starcom MediaVest Group. If you make it to the 2nd round, you are brought in for a half day of interviews with 4 people in varying positions and levels of seniority. Basic interview questions, ask for examples of different scenarios.

Interview Questions

Low pay, interviewers made it clear that there was high turnover