Spark Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 21, 2017

2.8

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spark Networks (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through an employee referral. I did a phone screen with the manager, coding challenge and then an on site. I was asked a few questions about the solution I came up with for the coding challenge and then mostly behavioral questions. Interview ended with a tour of the office where I was somewhat disappointed with the lack of diversity.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Spark Networks (Santa Monica, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was a fairly standard process of one on one talks. I went through four rounds (on four separate days) of interviews with the different levels of management. I interviewed with about 15 different individuals. After the fourth interview they never responded about the position, and refused to answer emails or phone calls confirming what the outcome had been.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay current in design trends?   1 Answer

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spark Networks (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was informal, conversational and collaborative. I visited the Los Angeles office a few times for 1:1's and was offered the opportunity to consult to hire. Consult to hire would be a preferred method for me. Not only does the company have the opportunity to see if you are a fit, but likewise, you get to evaluate if the company is a fit for you. In my case, it was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• While I don't recall a question in particular, I do recall being asked, in general, what excites me about the opportunity at Spark   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a salary, bonus and benefits package that I was looking for.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spark Networks (Lehi, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

Was Called for an Interview at Spark Networks, When I arrived I noticed the office was very nice. Range the bell at the front desk was approached and adviser asked if I was (my name). She replied with a smile she would be with me shortly. She asked me to tell me about myself. I complied. Interviewer was very honest in her approach. Was told that there wasn't much of a chance in that office to move to IT. That wages were not to my satisfaction. Asked them to keep my resume on file in case there were IT positions in the future. Very positive.

Interview Questions

• Why are you Interested in working with Spark Networks.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spark Networks (Lehi, UT).

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager and someone from product. Once that is done, there was a group interview with other team members followed by a visit to the office to check out the day to day. There was a code review where they showed the platform to make sure I'd want to work with it

Interview Questions

• What experience do you with large data sets and how did you scale MySQL   Answer Question

Senior Media Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spark Networks in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process is handled very professionally. First, you will speak with the HR manager, then you will have a 1 hr phone call with your direct supervisor and only then you possibly will be invited for a personal interview.

Director of Online Marketing and General Manager of the company are very knowledgeable about all types of Online Marketing Strategies. Be prepared to talk about numbers and PPC, CPM, CPA buys.

Interview Questions

• Usual media buying questions, but make sure to mentioned big Account names you are currently working with.   Answer Question