Sparkcentral Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sparkcentral Interview Questions

Interviews at Sparkcentral

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sparkcentral.

Interview

HR contacts and sets up interview. 5 to 6 rounds before final offer. Each round by different engineers and finally by CEO. Similar questions asked. Some technical and some about previous work.

Senior Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sparkcentral (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiter after applying. After a quick phone screen, I was interviewed by their head of HR and subsequently scheduled for an onsite.

Onsite interviews were of 30 minute duration and enjoyable. I met 3 interviewers and there were no repetitious questions.

Unlike other companies, I was given feedback on why I didn't get the job. I had a positive candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• I was given a Director-level position and asked how I would source candidates for this role.   Answer Question

Hi, this is Davy, CEO of Sparkcentral.

Thank you for leaving this feedback. Even though the team decided not to move forward with an offer, I hope you were able to find a fulfilling opportunity... More

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sparkcentral (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Slightly disorganized, no real process in place. The interviews themselves though were relevant and ascertained the right information. I was initially asked to interview with 2 people but it ended up being about 4 people. Invitation was not very informative.

Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sparkcentral (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

TLDR: very poor interaction with the recruiter that took days to respond and finally just ignored my

The recruiter reached out to me and we had a few email back and forth. It took between 2-5 days for the recruiter to respond back. We finally setup a time to do a call and afterwards, the recruiter told me he will get back to me in a couple of days.

Almost 2 weeks went by and I never heard back from the recruiter. My follow-up email was never responded.

If it was determined that I was not a good match, I am fine if the recruiter will be upfront about that. However, dropping all communication all of a sudden at this stage of the recruiting cycle is uncalled for, not to mention rude.

Interview Questions

Sparkcentral Response

Jun 20, 2017 – CEO

My apologies you had this experience. I'm following up internally to see exactly where we went wrong and we will take steps to prevent this in the future.

Davy

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sparkcentral (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying I was contacted by a recruiter. We had a conversation about the position that was pleasant enough. The next day she followed up asking if I could have a phone call with the CEO. This was rescheduled three times because she wasn't aware of his schedule. I spoke with him and had a fairly pleasant conversation.
    Finally, I made into the office for an interview. Everyone seemed nice enough with the exception of the last interviewer who was argumentative and combative. I left feeling fine overall, but never heard a single word after. I followed up via email with no response. It was slightly annoying seeing as I invested so much time in the interview process to be blown off in such a way.

Interview Questions

• They were really focused on my lifestyle and personality more than my qualifications.   Answer Question

Jul 26, 2015 – CEO

Hey there!

This is Davy, the guy you had a phone call with. :-)
    I appreciate your feedback and am happy to mention that the recruiting team and I have recently completed a full review of our... More

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sparkcentral.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter regarding the QA Engineer position and later on he scheduled an telephonic interview with me. The interview went very well and was expecting to hear back from recruiter. But i never hear back from them. Later on the recruiter send me an linkedin email saying we have an opening for QA Engineering and i was surprised with that email.

Advise to recruiter: Please follow up with candidates and reply to there emails. And if rejected please let them know.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sparkcentral (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a member of the awesome recruiting team. We had a lovely conversation where she not only showed transparency but provided some constructive criticism (rare in these circumstances). Eventually set up a meet and greet over coffee with one of her colleagues, which then lead to an informal onsite interview (after completing an assignment) that consisted of warm conversations with 4 team members from a couch. My recruiter kept in constant contact throughout the entire process and really contributed to my pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized? What interested you about Sparkcentral? What makes you a good fit for a startup culture?   1 Answer

Hi, this is Davy, CEO of Sparkcentral.

Thanks for the review, and welcome to the company! :-)
    Reach out to me any time when you don't know who to go to and you feel I can help with anything... More

Content Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sparkcentral (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Really great. I had a video call with the VP of Product Marketing and she was absolutely amazing, so easy to chat with, so charismatic, so smart. I then went in for an in-person, and then completed an assignment.

*While I didn't accept this company's offer, it had nothing to do with the company or the offer. This is an awesome place.

Interview Questions

• Asked about how I would solve certain problems they're working on, attack pain points, etc. Very fair and logical questions and content planning and executing. The people at this company are so genuine and welcoming, and smart.   Answer Question

Software Engineer, Backend Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sparkcentral (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

HR Manager connected through linkedin. Sent over resume and hr sent code challenge.After code challenge was completed interview was scheduled. Had several rounds with different engineers. It was a very casual conversation discussing the code challenge and questions related to why I did something the way I did.

Interview Questions

• 1. Algorithm Challenge
      2. 1:1 discussing challenge and other code questions   Answer Question

Hi, this is Davy, CEO of Sparkcentral.

Thanks for posting this. We're working on getting the recruiting process down to a matter of days instead of two weeks, but depending on the volume of... More

SDR Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sparkcentral in January 2013.

Interview

Went through 3 rounds of interview.
    1st round is a standard phone interview. IF they like you, bring you on-site.
    2nd round was with both of the founders.
    3rd was a group interview with other job candidates.