Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2016

2.6

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital.

Interview

Met with HR who went through resume and asked general interview questions. Then met with nurse manager who gave brief overview of job and units, and introduced to potential floor

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite clinical and why? What was your least favorite?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever dealt with a difficult patient and/or family member and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose nursing? Where do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about this facility?   Answer Question

Research Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was Skyping in - it started off as a group interview with another person Skyping in and the rest of the lab (minus the professor). They asked questions directed to both of us. I kept going first on the questions because the other guy Skyping in was smart. Then, the professor came in, and he talked for about half an hour. And then we did a one on one talk with the professor and the lab manager. It was the most nerve wracking experience I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• "Give us a convincing recruitment spiel in fifteen seconds or less. Go."   1 Answer

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Took about an hour and a half all together. Met with HR first, then had a quick meeting and tour with the nursing supervisors. Once we had finished with that, met with HR again and discussed hours and pay. Offered the job right on the spot.

Unit Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital (Charlestown, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on the partners career website for all the open evening Unit Secretary positions starting in February, and I eventually got called for an interview in March. I had an interview with the Unit Manager and then the Charge Nurse for the unit I would be working on. Then I went back to HR and interviewed with the woman in charge of hiring for the nursing department. All the questions were pretty straightforward. I got an offer from HR at the end of the interview and came back a few days later to be cleared by Occupational Health and sign my offer letter.

Interview Questions

• How has your previous work experience prepared you for this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The HR woman asked me what I wanted for a salary, and I told her a number slightly higher than the average for this job, and I got exactly that.

Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital (Charlestown, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

I was called the day I applied and came in for an interview with HR two days later. I also got to meet the nurse manager. I was offered a per diem RN position the day of the interview.

Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital.

Interview

-Submission of electronic application.
    -Long wait time between application submission and actual contact from HR.
    -Contact by HR.
    -Interview with HR followed by that with RN manager.
    -Tour of the unit with brief introductions.
    -RN manager touches base with HR.
    -Same day job offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a complaint from a patient and their family?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer was inflexible.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

basic, interviewed with PI and assistant. No unusual question

Interview Questions

• What do you anticipate being the most difficult part of this job   Answer Question

X-Ray Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital (Boston, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume, then a face to face interview

Unit Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital (Cambridge, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online and they responded within two weeks to set up an interview. First interview the manager was out so I interviewed with HR. She was very professional and interview was relaxed. Came in for a second interview a week later with the manager and it was also very relaxed and offered me the position. They focused less on technical knowledge and more as a better fit.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital.

Interview

Everyone was very nice and appeared happy. Not sure why they choose to interview me, I think my resume was on the top of the pile. Nurse Manager only met with me for 5-10 minutes and asked me only one question pertaining to job. HR rep was overly interested in my social life, although very pleasant. I had no idea what position I was interviewing for because they never stated until I met with the Nurse Manager.

Negotiation

None. New Graduate rate, but they did give me a few extra cents for previous medical experience.