Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital

2.7

Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital (Boston, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview - Shadowing - Hired - 3 months probation

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital (Salem, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

At Salem- Spaulding North Shore: Met with multiple individuals in 3 groups: hiring rehab supervisor who gave tour of facility and explained job duties; then rehab director and 2 rehab supervisors; and finally 2 staff OTs. Each asked about past experiences and interest in population. Posed questions on dealing with difficult patients/ families, delivering bad news or making recommendations that might not be popular with family, what would you do in different scenarios. Took several weeks for decision making but finally HR called with offer. Union position so they said no negotiation on salary, must contribute union dues whether you decide to join or not.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to an angry family member who was yelling and the situation was escalating.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as the position was union and salaries defined by union contract. At least that is what was said- not sure if there was a range and it actually was possible. Different from other Spaulding sites which don't have the union.

Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital.

Interview

-Submission of electronic application.
    -Long wait time between application submission and actual contact from HR.
    -Contact by HR.
    -Interview with HR followed by that with RN manager.
    -Tour of the unit with brief introductions.
    -RN manager touches base with HR.
    -Same day job offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a complaint from a patient and their family?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer was inflexible.

HOSPITAL CASE MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital (Cambridge, MA) in August 2009.

Interview

It took forever to get an interview since the HR person never forwarded my application. She is very incompetent. If you apply online you have to keep calling the manager personally

Negotiation

Appears that you are unable to negotiate you pay then you hear otherwise from your coworkers. The lighter you are the more they offer you

Pt Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

I was a co-op student from Northeastern so the process was very organized. I recieved an email before the interview to schedule a time. I went in for a half hour interview. The person interviewing me was very pleasant.

X-Ray Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital (Boston, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume, then a face to face interview

Pca Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital (Charlestown, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

They had a hiring event. We all were in a conference room and they called us individually to speak to a hiring manager on the third floor. Very simple and friendly

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

basic, interviewed with PI and assistant. No unusual question

Interview Questions

• What do you anticipate being the most difficult part of this job   Answer Question

Research Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was Skyping in - it started off as a group interview with another person Skyping in and the rest of the lab (minus the professor). They asked questions directed to both of us. I kept going first on the questions because the other guy Skyping in was smart. Then, the professor came in, and he talked for about half an hour. And then we did a one on one talk with the professor and the lab manager. It was the most nerve wracking experience I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• "Give us a convincing recruitment spiel in fifteen seconds or less. Go."   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital.

Interview

Met with HR who went through resume and asked general interview questions. Then met with nurse manager who gave brief overview of job and units, and introduced to potential floor

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite clinical and why? What was your least favorite?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever dealt with a difficult patient and/or family member and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose nursing? Where do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about this facility?   Answer Question