Specialty Restaurant Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Specialty Restaurant Group

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Specialty Restaurant Group (Anaheim, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Welcoming for an interviewing situation. Phone interview first then 1-1 interview followed. I was confused that I wasn't moved ahead considering the interviewer stated in my 1-1 that I would be since I was a great fit and I would've been the first person to see the "boss". Got a follow up email three days later saying "sorry, but ... "

Interview Questions

• If you have a task / issue that arises and you don't have an immediate go-to resource, how to you handle the problem?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Specialty Restaurant Group (Tampa, FL) in October 2008.

Interview

The interview was fast and easy, quick. Knowledge of wine and food and previous experience discussed. There is a family culture at this restaurant with much higher than average lengths of employment. Friendly if you prove yourself.

Interview Questions

• step by step wine selection, presentation, and service walk through   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Specialty Restaurant Group in August 2008.

Interview

A recruiter called me and did two phone interviews within a few days. I was then put in contact with one of the existing managers at the restaurant and we met at the location. We enjoyed a few appetizers, and talked about the job responsibilities. I then met with the other management staff for a final interview. The whole process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a guest who wanted to walk out due to poor service, without paying?   Answer Question
    • Describe ten wines, red, white and sparkling, that you recommend and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation, as they had multiple, qualified candidates.